Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall Thaumcraft updating yet, which is another popular mod that could hold things up.
What what what? I better have my golems or so help me, someone's gonna feel the wrath of my lightning wand! Once it gets updated, that is. Seriously though, I think people are a little over the top with all the "disappearance" stuff. Not tweeting every time you eat sandwich or take a leak isn't a disappearance. Disappearances are caused by Italians, the KGB, or extra-terrestrials. And they generally don't resolve with a "reappearance".

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
The beta pack is probably the best solution. Release what you can for now, then update as bugs get worked out and other mods update. Then again, it's what they did for 1.4's update.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Good news, although I am looking forward to trying the options other modders are bringing us; Powercrystals logic stuff looks good for example. I'd definitely rather see options alongside redpower than something replacing redpower.

Also, love that pic of Amy Acker Eloraam uses as her twitter profile pic

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Well disregarding everything this thread has unfortunately given in way of negative posts so far, I just want to say:

Thank you Lambert2191 for posting this thread, I despise Twitter, and would never(a very long time!) have known about this if it weren't for you!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone saying thank you; You're welcome, but if it wasn't me, it'd only be someone else, so by no means is it only because of me that you know this, I just got there first :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You all know there is a thread about 1.5 right? http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-pack-comparison-1-5-update-status.4727/

and when well look at that the mods effective Ult right now are

Extra Bees
Foresty (sort of its listed as beta)
GregTech (Alpha)
IC2 (beta)
MiscProfs
MFFS (Alpha)
NEI Plugins (beta)
OmniTools
Protogen
Power Convetors
RailCraft (beta)
RedPower
Secrect Rooms
Soulshards
Thaumcraft
Wireless Redstone
Xenos
Xycraft

So why is RP the only one holding the update back again?

Reactions: RedBoss

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
You all know there is a thread about 1.5 right? http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-pack-comparison-1-5-update-status.4727/

and when well look at that the mods effective Ult right now are

Extra Bees
Foresty (sort of its listed as beta)
GregTech (Alpha)
IC2 (beta)
MiscProfs
MFFS (Alpha)
NEI Plugins (beta)
OmniTools
Protogen
Power Convetors
RailCraft (beta)
RedPower
Secrect Rooms
Soulshards
Thaumcraft
Wireless Redstone
Xenos
Xycraft

So why is RP the only one holding the update back again?
Probably because it's not the only one holding it back. There are a few other important mods still in beta status.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
My guess would by Xycraft, Thaumcraft, and Redpower being on the list the longest. If only because each has a lot of substance to it to update. In Xycraft's case, substance being planned new content to the mod.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
ShadowDragon has been gone for quite some time without any sign of life, I'd put soul shards on that there list too

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Some of those unfinised mods you mentioned have no worldgen, therefore they can be added later.

Silmargt

Jul 29, 2019
I'd rather wait for RP because Eloraam is my favorite modder still and RP = one of the core mods of the modding community if ya ask me

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
I think Shadow has been gone maybe a month. I follow him on youtube and last post was I think three weeks ago.

Yeah I follow Shadow too on YouTube. I rather liked his style in the videos. I know he had some bigger plans to tap into using soul essence for making weapons and fixing some of the current exploits with Soul Shards. I hope he gets the chance to finish that I liked the direction the mod was going.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't been following RP's update schedules very long have you. Give that list a month or two and see who's still on it. Just like 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4.

And this is relavint with so many other mods also not updated?

If RP was the only mod not updated I would agree but there is a fairly large list there that are also not ready.[DOUBLEPOST=1366235294][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some of those unfinised mods you mentioned have no worldgen, therefore they can be added later.

And some do have worldgen like Extra Bees, Thuamcraft, and Xycraft.... so?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
And this is relavint with so many other mods also not updated?

If RP was the only mod not updated I would agree but there is a fairly large list there that are also not ready.[DOUBLEPOST=1366235294][/DOUBLEPOST]

And some do have worldgen like Extra Bees, Thuamcraft, and Xycraft.... so?
not that I'm disagreeing with you, just mentioning the fact that thaumcraft worldgen can be added to an already gen'd world due to some magical code tomfoolery by Azanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.