Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, how about you all stop doing this and let the woman live her life? For all this talk about respect and trust for Eloraam, you all act like you are owed a release of RP2. She will try, on her own time. Pestering her or heaping expectations on her, even indirectly this way, doesn't help make RP2 1.5.1 happen.

Post your Crocker-leave-Eloraam-alone meme here and move along. But what you're doing (making vindicated forum posts when she, you know, tweets about how hard it is to overcome project+work burnout) won't help. Quite the opposite, if my personal experience with these feelings is any indicator.
as someone who only started using twitter recently, and beforehand kinda dispised the site, I know not everyone here is on there. If this tweet had come out before I joined, I'd be very glad to see someone make a thread like this. I believe I'm one of the people who shares the opinion of "let her live her life" as you are, but saying that, any info right now is good info.

Shaverman5000

Jul 29, 2019
I <3 Elorram. Case closed. Her mod will be updated when she has time. >_< Lets not forget this is all for fun and happy fun time. Not "ZOMG UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE"

Keep in mind also, how much time does SHE get to play MC?

Reactions: Sh3it4n

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, how about you all stop doing this and let the woman live her life? For all this talk about respect and trust for Eloraam, you all act like you are owed a release of RP2. She will try, on her own time. Pestering her or heaping expectations on her, even indirectly this way, doesn't help make RP2 1.5.1 happen.

Post your Crocker-leave-Eloraam-alone meme here and move along. But what you're doing (making vindicated forum posts when she, you know, tweets about how hard it is to overcome project+work burnout) won't help. Quite the opposite, if my personal experience with these feelings is any indicator.
As much as I agree; sharing information for information's sake is not a bad thing methinks. If King Lemming/Greg/Pahi/etc. disappeared for two months people would be biting at the bit for any information on what's going on with them. It is what is guaranteed to happen with a mod that is fairly large and used by a large margin of modded minecraft players. Besides; I doubt she even reads these forums and just telling people that she actually didn't just up and walk away from minecraft wordlessly helps to settle people. That said I understand that if she were to see this it would show that people are always watching what she does, but that's the contract of becoming a modder. Especially when you seek to make such a huge mod. If you expect to make a mod like RP2/IC2/BC/TE/EE/BTW/etc. and not constantly be under a microscope by the players you've got another thing coming. If she doesn't want to go through that and see the flip side to this thread; that is that thousands of people are willing to eagerly wait on her and solely her work instead of moving forward as, what I would see, the deepest form of flattery. This is of course merely my opinion of the possible connotations of this thread for her.

I will agree with Mash though;
I don't expect her to continue working on RP2. I do expect her to let us know if she wants to stop.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I agree; sharing information for information's sake is not a bad thing methinks. If King Lemming/Greg/Pahi/etc. disappeared for two months people would be biting at the bit for any information on what's going on with them. It is what is guaranteed to happen with a mod that is fairly large and used by a large margin of modded minecraft players. Besides; I doubt she even reads these forums and just telling people that she actually didn't just up and walk away from minecraft wordlessly helps to settle people. That said I understand that if she were to see this it would show that people are always watching what she does, but that's the contract of becoming a modder. Especially when you seek to make such a huge mod. If you expect to make a mod like RP2/IC2/BC/TE/EE/BTW/etc. and not constantly be under a microscope by the players you've got another thing coming. If she doesn't want to go through that and see the flip side to this thread; that is that thousands of people are willing to eagerly wait on her and solely her work instead of moving forward as, what I would see, the deepest form of flattery. This is of course merely my opinion of the possible connotations of this thread for her.
Agree with all of the above :)

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
YAY! Somehow we turn a positive thread regarding an information update to more flaming and general crap. Can't we just be happy that she is still working on the project? Good Grief. Thanks for the update Lambert.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I would hope she is not so vain and shallow as to put any of her self worth on people. To me that is surely a disater wating to happen. Of course my opinion is not the same as everyone elses.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm very happy she is still working on RP2. FTB would be a sad, sad place without it.

Let's hope for more tweets of this nature to continue circulating this good attitude, eh?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I can't from this comp..nor would I as I, personally, don't think modders should talk to people. I let them be as I find them to be like minor stars. And stars like to be left alone.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
2 more:
Eloraam: "So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."
Eloraam: " I won't risk ETA predictions but the work project that dragged me away ended yesterday and I'm feeling like playing Minecraft again."

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
4 more, responses to other tweets. I just asked her if she has established contact with Slow yet. Also, most likely, there will be no pack without it, Hutch, as of an hour ago. We now know she is alive and that is a reason for Slow to take back the news. Also, Hutch, HOW COULD YOU EVER EVER SAY THAT?! ;) Rant over.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
We now know she is alive and that is a reason for Slow to take back the news.

He already knew she was alive when he posted that.

Eloraam: "So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."

THAT on the other hand is a reason to believe a version without RP2 may not be necessary anymore.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Bah..I was freaking out that I had somehow misrepresented my original sarcastic reply!

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for telling me. Please continue to inform me every time a mod author post something on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.