Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I think sticks and saplings make .5 smelts. Wooden tools 1 smelt. Planks and logs 1.5 smelts. I dunno what scaffolds gave before.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Given all wooden items have suspiciously equal burn times for everything, I'm pretty sure you could make scaffolds not count as wooden and that would work.

Time: you should pay attention as it passes.

I suspect that what you suspect isn't founded in an understanding of the code behind it.

When are you going to just put that troll on ignore and have a better forum experience?

Basically everything Gregtech does to vanilla IC2 is for the better. Vanilla IC2 has been locked in stasis for so long it's practically ossified (unless we're talking about the API over the last few days, lol).

At least it gets bugfixes, though. The only mod with fewer changes and bugfixes over time is referred to in the title of this thread.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ty DocOr. I need to build one of those first. I think a full world revamp is going to be called for.

With the combo of EE3 and Xeno's, you can generate almost any base vanilla resource in infinite quantities. Even if you avoid the clear dupe powering it, Xeno's lets you create those items from redstone and witch's spawners drops redstone in large quantity.

Or bees. Or redwheat. Or just turning any farm product into redstone (With Xeno's)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhh does that mean we can use old IC2 stuff to make oil? j/k

Edit:

What in Xeno's? I am not really looking for dupes. I am doing well for iron as I got my factorization set up working quite well.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
With the combo of EE3 and Xeno's, you can generate almost any base vanilla resource in infinite quantities. Even if you avoid the clear dupe powering it, Xeno's lets you create those items from redstone and witch's spawners drops redstone in large quantity.

Or bees. Or redwheat. Or just turning any farm product into redstone (With Xeno's)

Note that as Ars Magica comes into play you can literally generate any base metal in infinite quantity using only Ars Magica and vanilla mechanics. And get this: that feature well-known, well-understood, extensible via configuration, and intentional! I've been dorking around with Minechem and that has some pretty wild potential. The only gate on it is being able to get enough power into the machines, which takes a lot of attention to mitigating deficit.

At its core mechanic: Minecraft is about building perpetual motion machines. The presence of perpetual motion is only bad when it's explosively good. We as a community need to get past this vestigal and useless mindset left over from the hate-EE2-days. X3n0 recognized and understood the implications of Vanilla mechanics a lot better than most people do today. In Minecraft, almost every resource is renewable except for your time.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhh does that mean we can use old IC2 stuff to make oil? j/k

Well, oil isn't a base vanilla resource.

What in Xeno's? I am not really looking for dupes. I am doing well for iron as I got my factorization set up working quite well.

The entire purpose of Tome of Alkahesh is making things from redstone, except for the things you make from lapis, except you can make lapis from redstone. It's perfectly balanced if Xenos is the only mod you play with. Otherwise generating redstone in tremendous quantities isn't all that difficult. There's no bug, everything involved is working as intended, it's just cross mod effects.

Which is just an example of why a mod making changes to other mods to fix balance issues doesn't bother me in the slightest. The game belongs to the player, not the mod author.

Reactions: EternalDensity

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well, oil isn't a base vanilla resource.

And also, with MFR you can indeed do that. Burn wood for IC2 generators to make oil. It's not tremendously energy positive w/out a bunch of tricks, but as an energy storage mechanism it works quite well.

Of course, now Greg and Calclavia are working to make AtomicScience work with IC2 stuff. This is pretty damn exciting from the perspective of people who are bored of the existing power generation options. Of all of UE, AtomicScience is by far the most amazing and fun part. And now there is direct steam support, so you can build nuclear reactors that power your MJ networks directly. Unlike IC2/GT's somewhat convoluted minigame, AS's machines can handily outproduce steam boilers. The only downside is how awkward steam funnels are to work with...

Which is just an example of why a mod making changes to other mods to fix balance issues doesn't bother me in the slightest. The game belongs to the player, not the mod author.

It's also a strong case for robust configs. I was very happy to see how Ars Magica handled matter generation: it autodetects but lets you manually enable things you want eligible, with a flexible cost. This is exactly the right approach as a mod author.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Time: you should pay attention as it passes.
Okay it's not all equal. Still, there's a bunch of wood and multiples of 50 and when you have better things to remember than burn values it all blends to together into a vague blob. Anyhow the point I was (badly) attempting to convey was boiler heat and EU given are based off burn values, so you could give scaffolds a value of 0.1 or something to fix the problem. If the heat and EU isn't automatically calculated off burn values, I'm not sure what to say.

Also because I am confused and potentially angry:

When are you going to just put that troll on ignore and have a better forum experience?

Does this refer to me? Because if so I take offense. To the troll part. Forum experience is subjective and I ramble terribly occasionally, but I'm not trying to annoy anyone purposely. Also if you think I'm a troll, i can has reasoning?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Does this refer to me? Because if so I take offense. To the troll part. Forum experience is subjective and I ramble terribly occasionally, but I'm not trying to annoy anyone purposely. Also if you think I'm a troll, i can has reasoning?

Not you, don't worry. No offense intended!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
In Minecraft, almost every resource is renewable except for your time.
And cobwebs.
I made a thread about this, and it showed how many things could be made renewable. I think there's a list of 20-30 items, and a lot of them are dungeon loot from TF.

Why are there not unlimited cobwebs?! 8 string around a slimeball!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
And cobwebs.
I made a thread about this, and it showed how many things could be made renewable. I think there's a list of 20-30 items, and a lot of them are dungeon loot from TF.

Why are there not unlimited cobwebs?! 8 string around a slimeball!

Well, because cobwebs are made from spider ass, not from string with slimeballs.

Maybe if a cave spider is in a place for a long time it randomly places cobwebs?[DOUBLEPOST=1366810497][/DOUBLEPOST]
In Modded Minecraft, almost every resource is renewable except for your time.
Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.