Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You can't un-nerf gregtechs changes to gregtech. you can still force gregtech back to the ic2 default. Greg wan't you to use his plate machine instead of the rolling machine...

You can't read right?

There is no modification of another mod that you can't un-nerf. You can't back GregTech into old methods GregTech had its own content though.
Scaffold (unless its been changed in 1.5)
That's a nerf to another mod.
That's the point. You cannot un-nerf that nerf to another mod. Doctor stated you could.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
You can't read right?
Usually, I just missed the post about scaffolds. Though what I said does apply to the rolling machine/plate machine change.

And seeing as this thread will probably degenerate in to *yet* another gregtech flamewar/hatefest, that's the last I'll say about it.

Reactions: RedBoss

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
And here is GT flamewar in an RP2 thread. Awesome!

BTW, Greg does nerfs whatever he wants, even in other mods. You are not forced to use GT after all...

one tries to play with that stupid mod and its retarded nerfs trying to change the configs that not even einstein understands that stupid mess, but no, he has to fuck up your life by making whatever he wants whoever he wants, and the FTB developers don't even CARE about it. Next update I'm gonna remove that crap stupid addon even if it corrupts my world!

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
In the last gregnerf you can't un-nerf anything according to the chanelog.

Searching the entire "chanelog", I find no reference to a "gregnerf", Since you're using useless indeterminate terms, your claim is not falsifiable, which means it cannot be a fact and is only an opinion.

I suspect, however, that whatever you're talking about was GregTech added content that he changed the methodology.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Searching the entire "chanelog", I find no reference to a "gregnerf", Since you're using useless indeterminate terms, your claim is not falsifiable, which means it cannot be a fact and is only an opinion.

I suspect, however, that whatever you're talking about was GregTech added content that he changed the methodology.

he changed a lot of stuff in industrialcraft 2 (or IC2, or industrial craft two, see if you understand it) crafting recipes, to make them harder, but without giving config options to turn them off.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Where did he change it Drav? I am coming ot this party late and am catching up but what did Greg change and where is it that he didn't give an option to change it?

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Where did he change it Drav? I am coming ot this party late and am catching up but what did Greg change and where is it that he didn't give an option to change it?
There are three "nerfs" that I am aware of that cannot be "un-nerfed", Tin-buckets, scaffolding, and forestry bronze, everything else can be reverted to the IC2 defaults.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
he changed a lot of stuff in industrialcraft 2 (or IC2, or industrial craft two, see if you understand it) crafting recipes, to make them harder, but without giving config options to turn them off.

Perhaps you would like to detail your claim as to the specific changes. What do I win when I tell you the config option to turn them off?

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ty sfbb. I knew about the bronze thing but that is old news. Buckets is new to me and I think I remember scaffolding. Nothing omg imo.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh so it makes sense. LOL I am in a 1.4.7 world on DW20. I should do that with my tin to make a mes of iron. Would be cheap tho...

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Perhaps you would like to detail your claim as to the specific changes. What do I win when I tell you the config option to turn them off?
You win the totally sweet, and not at all hollow feeling of having bested someone in a pointless internet fight.

And yeah scaffolds because making them inflammable was apparently too much effort unless greg hates practical construction aids.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You win the totally sweet, and not at all hollow feeling of having bested someone in a pointless internet fight.

And yeah scaffolds because making them inflammable was apparently too much effort unless greg hates practical construction aids.

Because making them inflammable in Railcraft boilers is a lot more effort than an IC2 addon changing an IC2 recipe, yes.

I'll give you that one, even though an IC2 addon changing IC2 gameplay is a "well duuuuh" issue. So is there a number two, or is that the whole and entire complaint about unrevertable "nerfs"?[DOUBLEPOST=1366734144][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ahh so it makes sense. LOL I am in a 1.4.7 world on DW20. I should do that with my tin to make a mes of iron. Would be cheap tho...

Put a water bucket in a redpower blulectric furnace

(This dupe brought to you by the letter F, pronounced "Factorization")

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Because making them inflammable in Railcraft boilers is a lot more effort than an IC2 addon changing an IC2 recipe, yes.

I'll give you that one, even though an IC2 addon changing IC2 gameplay is a "well duuuuh" issue. So is there a number two, or is that the whole and entire complaint about unrevertable "nerfs"?[DOUBLEPOST=1366734144][/DOUBLEPOST]

Given all wooden items have suspiciously equal burn times for everything, I'm pretty sure you could make scaffolds not count as wooden and that would work.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Given all wooden items have suspiciously equal burn times for everything, I'm pretty sure you could make scaffolds not count as wooden and that would work.

I suspect that what you suspect isn't founded in an understanding of the code behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.