Eloraam has not disappeared. (random half related topics)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
https://twitter.com/TheRealEloraam

two new tweets

Eloraam @TheRealEloraam 9m
With that said, I'm not retiring.

Eloraam @TheRealEloraam 9m
So about vanishing... work project got crazy and burnout hit me. Things seem to be settling down, but I don't want to jinx it this time.

Eloraam: "So 1.5 isn't as bad as I'd expected, a lot of damage in a couple specific areas but overall most of the code compiles."
Eloraam: " I won't risk ETA predictions but the work project that dragged me away ended yesterday and I'm feeling like playing Minecraft again."

Dominico

Jul 29, 2019
I swear, Lambert's "elorection" for RP is awe inspiring ;)
Glad to see her back, but still gonna go ahead and be very wary of the actions she takes. Personally wouldn't mind her having a sidekick of some sort just to open comm's occasionally and maybe to bugfix or follow along with JUST the MC version updates so her vanishing doesn't cause the previous reactions from the community. (ie hate, rage, etc.)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, how about you all stop doing this and let the woman live her life? For all this talk about respect and trust for Eloraam, you all act like you are owed a release of RP2. She will try, on her own time. Pestering her or heaping expectations on her, even indirectly this way, doesn't help make RP2 1.5.1 happen.

Post your Crocker-leave-Eloraam-alone meme here and move along. But what you're doing (making vindicated forum posts when she, you know, tweets about how hard it is to overcome project+work burnout) won't help. Quite the opposite, if my personal experience with these feelings is any indicator.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I for one would not want Chris Crocker to say "leave Elo alone". Chris already had his 15 minutes and his channel isn't much any more.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam posted 2 days before the advent of 2 months of no postings. I would be fine with any day of posting. It would be even cooler if she waited until someone posted a thread that said: "Eloraam is dead, it's been 2 months!" and tweet. Then respond to the thread, embarrassing the man.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Dominico

Jul 29, 2019
Not at all okay with this.
I didn't mean to offend ya there mate, should reword as, "Lambert's utter devotion to RP is awe inspiring ;)" I do apologize if it came across as offensive or "over the top". I actually admire that kind of loyalty.

To throw this in to stay on topic, I am stoked to hear that she is alright and will not be retiring.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't mean to offend ya there mate, should reword as, "Lambert's utter devotion to RP is awe inspiring ;)" I do apologize if it came across as offensive or "over the top". I actually admire that kind of loyalty.

To throw this in to stay on topic, I am stoked to hear that she is alright and will not be retiring.
I saw it on my twitter feed, came to the forums, saw no one had posted about it (In this thread, sorry Ash) and posted. Yes I do love Redpower but it's pathetic to assume it's devotion to the mod. It's utterly ludicrous to insinuate that.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's anything wrong or weird about this.

The future of RP2 has been a genuine concern for not only a good deal of people, but also the integrity of the modpacks themselves.
Any news thereof is highly important, I would think.

As I've said before, taking five minutes out of your day to notify 13,000 people as to what the future of that mod is going to be is not hard.

I don't expect her to continue working on RP2. I do expect her to let us know if she wants to stop.

Reactions: Greyed and sivina
Status
Not open for further replies.