Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how the armor would hold up to the last sword you will ever need mod.

image.jpg

Zammer990

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how the armor would hold up to the last sword you will ever need mod.

View attachment 20417
Bane of pigs does less damage, and still 1 shots draconic armour; the only way to beat it is to drain the power, which is ~1 million damage AFAIK. Bane of pigs in an autonomous activator also immediately crashes my game after killing me, so that's fun.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even think the energy collector was the most OP EMC generator out there; sugar cane farms, and blaze rod dupers could make red matter in seconds.
Haven't played with EE3 yet.

Also didn't know a new horizons pack was out, I'll have to look at that at some point.
They had one big advantage, though; they were fairly simple and people knew about them.
Or maybe two, if one takes that as two points.

A good mob farm could net you a massive sum of EMC if set up correctly and you used high-ish value objects, AKA blaze rods. This was doubly true since as they are fuel, chucking them in one type of block(can never recall the name of it) gave you extra EMC since it did that with fuels. A extra 25% or so.
Technically one could dupe EMC straight up with EE2 giving a positive amount of EMC from using that block, rather then neutral or negative amount(s) of EMC.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing a modpack 2 weeks ago, and after I got Red Matter Armor which pretty much makes you invincible and maxxed out my Transmutation Tablet at over 1 billion EMC... I lost interest in playing. LOL sigh

I barely did anything or built anything in that world. I guess I just love the grind. You give me everything and what's the point anymore? I wish I was more into creative building.

Zammer990

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall from 1.4.2 or whenever EE2 was last updated, Gem Armor (or red matter) takes ~11K hits from a Red Katar to kill someone , not taking into account natural regeneration.
The nostalgia of finding the 7 diamonds needed for infinite diamonds

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing a modpack 2 weeks ago, and after I got Red Matter Armor which pretty much makes you invincible and maxxed out my Transmutation Tablet at over 1 billion EMC... I lost interest in playing. LOL sigh

I barely did anything or built anything in that world. I guess I just love the grind. You give me everything and what's the point anymore? I wish I was more into creative building.
Here's a challenge: Automate the production of florbs - not filling them with liquid, but the florbs themselves. All inputs must be renewable and automated; dropping a ton of the crafting ingredients into a box and sending them to a crafter doesn't count. :p
Go do it! I'm watching! XD

EDIT: You may not use Equivalent Exchange in any step of the process. Just in case you were thinking that. :cool:

Last edited:

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 calculates high values for the various compressed cobblestones. From what I've found, you basically are gated by needing the original item first before reproduction with EMC. After that, make a few cobble gens and autocraft the compressed tiers and you never need to mine again.

No system of exchange will be balanced unless it takes your arm, leg, and your brother's body.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 calculates high values for the various compressed cobblestones. From what I've found, you basically are gated by needing the original item first before reproduction with EMC. After that, make a few cobble gens and autocraft the compressed tiers and you never need to mine again.

No system of exchange will be balanced unless it takes your arm, leg, and your brother's body.
I found that large alchemical chests are great emc batteries.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019

How about Matter Overdrive? That has a huge power requirement, you need 5 of an item to produce it with peak efficiency, and if you don't equip the replicator with some metal plating you get radiation poisoning. :p
Even so, it's still a little OP, but I'm hoping for some more configs to make that less so (CONSUME the plates! Require more! Increase the chance of failure! Worsen the radiation poisoning!)

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019

What about Vanilla villager trading? A good way of getting emeralds but not much else.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What about Vanilla villager trading? A good way of getting emeralds but not much else.

Somehow, someway, the mod developers need to come up with a system that (a) allows one item to be traded for another item based upon this idea of "equivalent exchange", but (b) doesn't allow the system to be abused. But how would that be possible? My plan, before I realized just how fast you can make Red Matter in the ProjectE mod (really, really fast), was to make an assembly line of MFR Auto-Spawner sending Villagers into a Tinkers Construct Smeltery for infinite emerald supply. How can any "equivalent exchange" ever hope to work when you can always find some way to create infinite materials?

I guess it all operates on the honor system - if we can't use a mod without being able to self-control our use of it, then we can't load up that mod in the first place. It really isn't the mod's fault for ruining all my fun I guess.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, can't expect a mod author or a pack author to keep track of all the cross mod interactions when players can't hold back themselves on exploiting the crap out of it.

Zammer990

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to theoretically balance EE would be to give renewable items 0 EMC value, but with so many renewables (glowstone, redstone, emeralds, iron, nether stars, et cetera) you remove the whole point of the mod.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I think perhaps the best way to add more balance is to keep everything scaled more or less the way it is, but change that scale to be logarithmic. Because renewable-izing more valuable items is harder, this would remain balanced. Cheaper items would still have value, but automating them would be less rewarding.

Pretty much just make expensive stuff more expensive and make cheap stuff cheaper.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Depending on your mod mix, even that is exploitable. In RR3 I'm been able to get a positive emerald loop through brown coat trading in Growthcraft hearts. I've then been able to buy various items from the other villagers like safari nets, jukeboxes, etc. Not overwhelmingly helpful since its very manual, but it does remove any emerald hungry mod gating.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Its impossible for the equivalency mod's stock setting to be balanced in a pack environment, that's kinda why you need a decent pack dev configure it properly. Its actually not the mods fault [as long as its stock instance is balanced]

As I've mentioned a couple of times- a dynamic EMC system would kill a lot of automated exploits.
Though it still requires a competent dev(team) to set the correct initial EMC values and adjust the rate of inflation for the mod selection.​

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zammer990

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a challenge: Automate the production of florbs - not filling them with liquid, but the florbs themselves. All inputs must be renewable and automated; dropping a ton of the crafting ingredients into a box and sending them to a crafter doesn't count. :p
Go do it! I'm watching! XD

EDIT: You may not use Equivalent Exchange in any step of the process. Just in case you were thinking that. :cool:
What are florbs for anyway? And magmatic(?) florbs?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
What are florbs for anyway? And magmatic(?) florbs?
A florb is a throwable bucket. Fill it with some fluid using a fluid transposer, then right click while it is in your hand. It will fly off and place a source block for the liquid inside where it lands, unless it lands in another fluid, in which case the florb will be dropped. :p
Magmatic florbs are required for hot fluids, so if I have a regular florb, I can fill it with water and throw it, but I'd need a magmatic florb to throw lava.
The reason why I give that as a challenge is because it requires 4 common ingredients, but those ingredients are surprisingly difficult to automate. Plus they're absolutely FANTASTIC for trolling. ;)