Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
We are trying to release then. Unless there is some sort of major delay that pops up, it should come out then.

The trick is only giving release dates when you're already done with the pack.

Again, Scotty with the quote/reply fail...

I meant to say that Azzanine is going to be called an idiot in 6 months when someone posts in reply to his "there are no modded PvP packs":

"Just use Trident duuuuuhhhhhh"

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Again, Scotty with the quote/reply fail...

I meant to say that Azzanine is going to be called an idiot in 6 months when someone posts in reply to his "there are no modded PvP packs":

"Just use Trident duuuuuhhhhhh"
An idiot that was right at the time lol.

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
This is literally the most overpowered thing in 1.7 modded MC. It completely nullifies all kinds of incoming damage, even that which is coded to be armor-piercing. It makes the wearer absolutely unkillable by anything other than a bane of pigs.
It completely obliterates the balance of the Infinity pack, which is otherwise pretty good. I've seen people who had this armor within 24 hours of the server starting which is just utterly wrong on all levels.

I really hope this will be nerfed to oblivion in future updates, but I doubt it since the FTB team doesn't seem to give a shit about pack balance at all recently.

/rant
OH LOOK IT'S AX1M

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
The goal in development of kitchen sink packs, like Infinity or Monster, is to make as few config changes as possible. Minetweaker is generally straight out for balance changes, and it's only in Infinity to fix recipe conflicts.
Well why add the mod if you realize it's so damn overpowered?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I thought the necro cut-off was a month, not around two weeks. Then again, different boards have different ideas as to what constitutes necroposting...

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps necro but I googled draconic evolution armor tweaking and this came up so I investigated it only to find a co-worker of staff in a network I am staff in. It was just funny to see a post by him because I didn't expect to see he made this post.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Meh, I like it. Especially since I can get Ichorium level stuff without the horrible TC warp stuff which I find intrusive and annoying.
I don't find the effects more than a slight inconvenience, especially since their frequency decreases over time as long as you don't add more warp. The worst is Unnatural Hunger, but I've made myself a Healing Axe from XU for those times.

As for Draconic Evolution gear, it is easily the most powerful equipment set that exists in modded MC as far as I know, but it's also the most expensive. Six nether stars per weapon? Multiple Ender-dragon kills? Maybe you can get there in a day if you really dedicate yourself to the task, but that's true for pretty much anything if you know how.

Also for me personally, this equipment is all related to things I don't like to do in the first place, so if it makes combat almost irrelevant, great! Meanwhile, on a server balanced for PvP (where you'd never see me) I wouldn't expect Draconic Evolution to be present in the first place. And if it's there, admins can disable the Draconic level and "restrict" players to the wyvern gear.

Reactions: YX33A and Padfoote