Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
to me Draconic Evolution is the Dartcraft from 1.7.10

*Looks at draconic evolution config file*

Nope no extensive configs... Dartcraft might have been strong in 1.5 with its first release, but in 1.6 nothing realy was as everything had extensive configs. And its not like anny other powered armor was, atleast at some point, completly broken. (most recently the RA armor)

So can we please stop this nonsense about Dartcraft being broken?

Reactions: YX33A

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Don't whine about balance. As soon as you take out OP item A, It makes Item B OP. It goes on and on, until you are basically playing vanilla.
Then enchants so that's op no enchanting table. Diamonds op iron op back to alpha stages of the game. Then less to no op for those that complain.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Diamonds were in Alpha m8. Things can be balanced, but you need to be careful about it.
That's not wat I meant. Diamond armor can be op cause it has high durability. Or someone could claim. Iron is less than diamond but helps protect so its op now. So back to the basics. Like the first ever instance of minecraft where nothing is op. Basically anyone can claim anything is op. And those people tend to complain and cause mods to be nerfed hard. Things can be balanced but still op. But how long as draconic evolution been around? How long before dartcraft became more balanced after it was released? Though I loved killing everything with bare fist in 1.5.2 I believe been so long. In the end if the mod author wants it op that's their choice and I support it as long as I can play with the mod and have fun.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft PVP huh? People still insist on trying that?

That being said if this armor in question does make you unkillable lets be honest guys, it's broken.
Not even Bloodmagics armor makes you unkillable now (still very durable).

Then again this is Infinity, it's the "Just becasue" kitchen sink pack.
If you where expecting something balanced with a coherent idea holding all the mods together you where pretty much destined to be disappoint.

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
I see that some started to make fun of this, but I see his point, if the armor of mod D is cheaper and better than the one from mod A/B/C/ of course people will use it and never touch the others. Not my case though, I'll use anything but that just because it's so overused and I don't like being part of the crowd in such a way. And KS pack =/= no tweaks/balancing at all. KS mean diversity and in this case the easyness of that armor take away the desire to use anything else for most people. I like OverPowered stuff but I want them all ~equally overpowered, if that makes any sense to you. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I see that some started to make fun of this, but I see his point, if the armor of mod D is cheaper and better than the one from mod A/B/C/ of course people will use it and never touch the others. Not my case though, I'll use anything but that just because it's so overused and I don't like being part of the crowd in such a way. And KS pack =/= no tweaks/balancing at all. KS mean diversity and in this case the easyness of that armor take away the desire to use anything else for most people. I like OverPowered stuff but I want them all ~equally overpowered, if that makes any sense to you. :p
Even if mod D is the cheapest mod out there, if it doesn't have NEI support/isn't a well known mod, it is unlikely that everyone will use it.

ZethHQ

Jul 29, 2019
Claiming things to be OP in a sandbox game is pretty silly though. People play it however they want, and that's the beauty of it.
OverPowered doesn't mean something is not good but that the OP thing make everything else that do the same job pointless, more or less.
Also modpacks are mainly made to be tiered, with exceptions of course but I assume that's not the case of Infinity. If you play minecraft just because it is a sandbox game then why not playing it only in creative? That's the beauty of a sandbox, do w/e the heck you want <insert Garry's mod reference here>.
Overpoweredness is relative, my OP =/= your OP but I think we can all agree that something that is better and easier than everything else eliminate the need for those ==> game breaking. Speaking in general not necessarily about the draconic armor.

Shroomer83

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the thing though! Some people like creative, some like hardcore. A sandbox game, with a kitchen sink pack gives everyone the opportunity to play the way THEY want. If you want a bigger challenge, you either make rules you play by, or choose another pack, better suited for you. No need to complain about something being OP at all. If you dont like it, just dont use it! Not hard at all.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
OverPowered doesn't mean something is not good but that the OP thing make everything else that do the same job pointless, more or less.
Also modpacks are mainly made to be tiered, with exceptions of course but I assume that's not the case of Infinity. If you play minecraft just because it is a sandbox game then why not playing it only in creative? That's the beauty of a sandbox, do w/e the heck you want <insert Garry's mod reference here>.
Overpoweredness is relative, my OP =/= your OP but I think we can all agree that something that is better and easier than everything else eliminate the need for those ==> game breaking. Speaking in general not necessarily about the draconic armor.
Thats the thing though! Some people like creative, some like hardcore. A sandbox game, with a kitchen sink pack gives everyone the opportunity to play the way THEY want. If you want a bigger challenge, you either make rules you play by, or choose another pack, better suited for you. No need to complain about something being OP at all. If you dont like it, just dont use it! Not hard at all.
Exactly this. For example, I made a mod that adds tools that instabreak obsidian and 1 shot the wither, because they are two things I need a lot of in modded minecraft (obsidian and nether stars) but I personally hate manually mining, and I'm a peaceful mode pro; do not like fighting boss mobs.

LazerusKI

Jul 29, 2019
Just for fun i made a few tests with it.
An unmodified Draconic Armor (no enchantments)
- Chaos Dragon wont deal damage (drains not even 1/1000 of the energy)
- Fully upgraded Draconic sword (Sharpness, Wrath and everything else) deals around 1/1000 damage as energy drain
- Wither, Harm etc have no effect
And now it comes
- Not even Kikikomoru or what it is called can hurt a player in it. That thing deals Void damage and can kill creative players.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous, since you wont even need to kill the chaos guardian to build it.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I personally agree that this deserves a nerf. You can say "play your way" all you want, but that argument is only good on subjective OP-ness (heh). If an item is objectively better than it's competitors, and requires less investment, then it detracts from the value of other endgame mods.

I also feel that pvp is actually a viable way to play MC, going back to the "play your way" argument. It shouldn't be marginalized just because it isn't popular or it doesn't work very well. And if that's the case, then something like this kills a whole aspect of the game, as it's no fun to fight invulnerable players. There's just no point.

(If I've misunderstood something and made a fool of myself, it's because I've just recently returned to playing this silly game.)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion is that Draconic Evolution sucks. Its overpowered, ugly, derivative and boring. The only thing its got going for it is that multiblock power storage thingamabob. I hate the high res textures, looks like random images someone downloaded off the net. Its balanced in the stupidest, laziest way possible. With nether stars and an extremely rare ore which naturally, glows in the dark because its so magical. I would much rather jump through the hoops of Botania or Thaumic Tinkerer to get the tools that this mod copies wholesale (terrasteel and ichorium tools) because I might have some fun along the way.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The only thing I'm personally enjoying is the energy storage, but that's mostly due to it's uniqueness rather than how much it stores. My partner enjoys the rest of the mod more than I do.

That said it is trying to bring some use to nether stars, and tries to place itself at the end game, so it is naturally high-power itemwise. I agree that it's generally easier to get than other late game stuff, but simultaneously often better. That said, the same could be said about the rapier. Even an early game Rapier can make some mid-late game armors pointless, it's arguably much easier to get than the armor it tends to counter.

I'm of the opinion (as probibily stated earlier in the thread) that minecraft's pvp is generally an unbalanceable mess unless the pack is heavily balanced around it. I also think Minecraft is more of a PvE game than PvP. I have nothing against PvP as a concept, but if I want to PvP i'll play a game balanced around it.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, even as an unbalanced mess, at least pvp is functional (and thus viable) as long as it's possible to kill the other player.

Kotaro

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, if PVP is the concern, I would end up creating my own modpack. Going to one of the larger packs like Infinity isn't going to be great for it, especially when it's not designed with pvp in mind.

However, it feels a bit strange to make you completely immune to damage, though there are multiple ways to become practically invincible in Minecraft.

I haven't tried since I don't really care for the mod. Do the weapons from the same tier hit normally against the armor?