Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 calculates high values for the various compressed cobblestones. From what I've found, you basically are gated by needing the original item first before reproduction with EMC. After that, make a few cobble gens and autocraft the compressed tiers and you never need to mine again.

No system of exchange will be balanced unless it takes your arm, leg, and your brother's body.

Noone got the FMA reference here? :p

Reactions: SpitefulFox

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
well, the thread was alive a week ago actually, so i dont think its much of a necro... and there is nothing bad debating on the forums about a mod balance. Why should we be scared off it, as long as we refrain from non-productive rants about it?. I wouldve created a thread about this myself, but since i found this, will be using that instead.

For me, DE need some tweaking, since its turning from a very cool designed mod to a plainly "rush to this once on a fresh server and go creative on the same day". Thats not bad when the mod goal is that, but ruins completely any kind of modpack immersion u might have without heavy tweaks. The mod balancing methods (draconium rarity and nether stars) can be destroyed from plenty of mods in quite early game, so probably a "hard mode configs" would be needed. Which would those hard configs be? No definite ideas, but as was exposed before, probably a bit of a nerf on the weapon/armor tiers could be used, either some drawback or tuning down their powers altogether a bit...

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
This is literally the most overpowered thing in 1.7 modded MC. It completely nullifies all kinds of incoming damage, even that which is coded to be armor-piercing. It makes the wearer absolutely unkillable by anything other than a bane of pigs.
It completely obliterates the balance of the Infinity pack, which is otherwise pretty good. I've seen people who had this armor within 24 hours of the server starting which is just utterly wrong on all levels.

I really hope this will be nerfed to oblivion in future updates, but I doubt it since the FTB team doesn't seem to give a shit about pack balance at all recently.

/rant
Um, it was created to fight the Chaos dragon. Have you taken a hit from one of those? It's also quite expensive so I think your cries of despair over it are pretty dramaqueenish.
"I don't like how players play the game, nerf the armor so they play my way!"
I was going to make a long winded reply, then I read this. It sums up my initial reaction nicely, so I'll just re-post. Nicely done :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Why you revive thread? Now the DE debate will be kicked up by people who don't realize this argument was started months ago.

I remember a mod here once threatening to ban people for whining about necro-posts, i think they had a valid point. It's actually more annoying and less relevant than the OP in this instance lol.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Noone got the FMA reference here? :p
We did, just didn't necro the thread for it considering how popular of an anime it is.

That, and I didn't read the post. Da-, er, darn you!

I remember a mod here once threatening to ban people for whining about necro-posts, i think they had a valid point. It's actually more annoying and less relevant than the OP in this instance lol.
Can confirm, am the holy necropost meme man.

EDIT: no merge. Curse pls

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloodbath12321

Jul 29, 2019
This is literally the most overpowered thing in 1.7 modded MC. It completely nullifies all kinds of incoming damage, even that which is coded to be armor-piercing. It makes the wearer absolutely unkillable by anything other than a bane of pigs.
It completely obliterates the balance of the Infinity pack, which is otherwise pretty good. I've seen people who had this armor within 24 hours of the server starting which is just utterly wrong on all levels.

I really hope this will be nerfed to oblivion in future updates, but I doubt it since the FTB team doesn't seem to give a shit about pack balance at all recently.

/rant
Humans, are very unintelligent, and obtaining 'power' and 'invincibility' makes them feel good. That's why so many people enjoy this mod. Now to await the obvious hate comments from those I offended. Le Sigh.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
We are actually the most intelligent species on the planet at the moment.
"Excuse me, waiter? Yeah? It looks like I've run out of like buttons. Can I have some more?"
Humans, are very unintelligent, and obtaining 'power' and 'invincibility' makes them feel good. That's why so many people enjoy this mod. Now to await the obvious hate comments from those I offended. Le Sigh.
As Azzanine said, we are, in fact, very intelligent relative to everything else. Powe-hungry though we may be, however, we also appreciate a challenge; "people like this mod because it gives us power" doesn't apply. As intelligent beings, we tend to refuse to accept power in games unless we think we have earned it. That "think" is different for everyone, though, so balance is hard to do.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

people_are_stupid.png

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
As Azzanine said, we are, in fact, very intelligent relative to everything else. Powe-hungry though we may be, however, we also appreciate a challenge; "people like this mod because it gives us power" doesn't apply. As intelligent beings, we tend to refuse to accept power in games unless we think we have earned it. That "think" is different for everyone, though, so balance is hard to do.
Otherwise everyone would just be playing creative or have NEI cheat mode on.

I personally don't mind very powerful stuff, although it would be nice if they had a cost that matched the amount of power. Draconic armor seems to use less power than a furnace (okay, maybe not quite that little). :p

Literally half the population is below average intelligence.
Actually, that's the definition of the median, not the average. ;)
Although it likely that the mean and median aren't too far from each other.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Otherwise everyone would just be playing creative or have NEI cheat mode on.

I personally don't mind very powerful stuff, although it would be nice if they had a cost that matched the amount of power. Draconic armor seems to use less power than a furnace (okay, maybe not quite that little).

I think the contrast in power feeds the ego much better then power off the bat. You feel better with your strength as you remember your past weakness.
EE2 was essentially "earned" creative mode after a while but that slight resistance at the beginning makes the game a bit more enriching.
Some folks like more resistance than others but some resistance is needed for a stimulating experience. It's why creative mode is less satisfying unless you treat the game like a glorified voxel editor and get artistic satisfaction from a build.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk