Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Because not everything in the game needs to be made out of 30 metric tons of compressed nether stars coated in neutronium?

Draconic Armor isn't exactly difficult to make, so why should the counter sword?
I guess so. Anyway how does the sword work? Does it deal enough damage to empty every piece of draconic armor+x number of draconic capacitors or it deals some sort of damage that can't be stopped by draconic armor?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I guess so. Anyway how does the sword work? Does it deal enough damage to empty every piece of draconic armor+x number of draconic capacitors or it deals some sort of damage that can't be stopped by draconic armor?

It deals bonus damage that isn't blocked by draconic armor and drains a large fraction of RF, as well as applying a debuff that deals additional damage over time which can't be blocked by the armor and continues draining RF.

Against anything that isn't a dragon or a player in draconic armor, it's just a diamond sword.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
It deals bonus damage that isn't blocked by draconic armor and drains a large fraction of RF, as well as applying a debuff that deals additional damage over time which can't be blocked by the armor and continues draining RF.

Against anything that isn't a dragon or a player in draconic armor, it's just a diamond sword.
Can you enchant it? Also will Sharpness and Wrath(this one is from Forbidden Magic) increase the damage dealt to players in Draconic Armor(and Dragons)?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You might have to make it more expensive. As the author of DE may decide to code against it if they find your mod messes with intended balance.
I mean the armor counters rapiers armor pen.
Of course DEs author might also be cool with it. Or create something that makes your kami armor turn in to super charged creepers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You might have to make it more expensive. As the author of DE may decide to code against it if they find your mod messes with intended balance.
I mean the armor counters rapiers armor pen.
Of course DEs author might also be cool with it. Or create something that makes your kami armor turn in to super charged creepers.

TBF DE needs to stay as it is...
If DE decides to counteract what Spiteful has done, then that just shows the DE mod author just wants DE to be the most super op impossible to beat mod ever.

Which yeah, in singleplayer, is nice.
If you're on a server, which may be a PvP server, then it's a case of who's been on the longest/who's got to DE the quickest. Because every monster has to have a chink in its armour... and without Spiteful's addon to FM, there wasn't one.

A game isn't fun if you physically cannot win (at least to me). There has to be some flaw to it, whether that's can only be damaged by fire, it uses up hunger at 5x normal rate (so you starve the other person to death), it doesn't protect against potions, etc.
Imagine fighting the wither. Ok, in VMC it is a challenge, but not impossible. Let's stick with that concept (because adding mods trivializes the wither). Now imagine the wither regenerated health at twice the rate, it had double the HP, it hit twice as hard, and when it withered you it gave Wither IV.
That's still possible to beat, however, it has gone from a challenge to Super Hostile difficulty.

Now, imagine it had all those buffs, and if you hit it, no matter what you tried, you hit for 1 HP. But the wither, the wither always hit for 100hp (i.e. bypassing almost all protection you could have, maybe 2 shotting the most lucky of players), it can also move through any walls, but it no longer flies out of your way (just so you couldn't cheese it... somehow. Besides, why would it need range on you?), the only way to beat the wither would be to have used a wither star to create a special sword which can 1 shot the wither, and negate all of the wither's effects when equipped.
This is what DE is. You can prepare as much as you like, however, unless you have the tools which the opponent (the wither) has at it's disposal (however, in this example it's the anti-weapon... but it's the best I could think of) you have no chance. You cannot hit the opponent. If you get close, they kill you. If you have a ranged weapon, they won't notice the attacks. Your best bet is to just leave them alone...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
@jordsta95 I get all that, I even agree but items like this are potentially drama inducing.
Then again; like the blood magic counter weapon it may be fine.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it all depends on the mod author's maturity.

With intermod drama, there is usually a lack of maturity. Whereas I know SpitefulFox is quite mature, so hopefully, the DE author can (if there were issues) talk to Spiteful in private.
For example, when Gregtech and Tinkers' Construct clashed heads, one mod dev wouldn't back down (immature) so whenever one mod dev tried to do something, the other wouldn't give up trying to get around it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
For example, when Gregtech and Tinkers' Construct clashed heads, one both mod devs wouldn't back down (immature) so whenever one mod dev tried to do something, the other wouldn't give up trying to get around it.

It takes two to tango. If one backs down [or doesn't rise to it], while it may not solve the issue at hand, it will prevent them clashing heads.
Though I think we'd all prefer it if they talked it out first (mature route).​

Reactions: Padfoote

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow.

Yeah, SpitefulFox has refused to fix issues which are one-line fixes literally out of spite :D

Hey! I did eventually fix that thing when something other than GregTech was having trouble! :p

And my reason for not fixing it was sliiightly more nuanced than just "Screw Greg". Slightly. >.>

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow.

Yeah, SpitefulFox has refused to fix issues which are one-line fixes literally out of spite :D
Well, he doesn't put code in his mods that crashes the game if <mod> is loaded, or call the people who are trying to help names

B

Bobby Dingo

This is literally the most overpowered thing in 1.7 modded MC. It completely nullifies all kinds of incoming damage, even that which is coded to be armor-piercing. It makes the wearer absolutely unkillable by anything other than a bane of pigs.
It completely obliterates the balance of the Infinity pack, which is otherwise pretty good. I've seen people who had this armor within 24 hours of the server starting which is just utterly wrong on all levels.

I really hope this will be nerfed to oblivion in future updates, but I doubt it since the FTB team doesn't seem to give a shit about pack balance at all recently.

/rant
I don't think it's that good, isn't super heroes unlimited better. The super man is good.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If anyones still playing around, heres a few more kill ideas.
Railgun (Rotarycraft)
MFFS forcefields
Chromaticraft energy pylon.
Rock crusher (railcraft)
Portalgun/Grav gun might help the last two.​

Myst portal to void age (no platform)
Myst portal to 10,000 blocks away in the nether or some other hellhole dimension
or a box of warded stone/glass so you have a 'pet' player in a cage. Remember to pick up some cicadas from the Twilight Forest.​

Reactions: GPeckman

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I personally don't care how OP the draconic melee stuff is because I'm not interested in anything melee-related. If I can swing a sword and clear out zombie pigmen out to the horizon, that's just an incentive to not play in peaceful mode all the time.

I set up my first DE energy storage thingy last night. Its neato.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I personally don't care how OP the draconic melee stuff because I'm not interested in anything melee-related. If I can swing a sword and clear out zombie pigmen out to the horizon, that's just an incentive to not play in peaceful mode all the time.

I set up my first DE energy storage thingy last night. Its neato.
Yep, it's neat. But if you compare it to a 16x16 Induction Cell, made using only Ultimate Energy Storage thingies(forgot their names) and 1 Ultimate Induction Port, the DE Energy Storage is a toy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yep, it's neat. But if you compare it to a 16x16 Induction Cell, made using only Ultimate Energy Storage thingies(forgot their names) and 1 Ultimate Induction Port, the DE Energy Storage is a toy.
Googling suggests that's a mekanism thing. Confirm?

I've never touched mekanism.