Draconic Armor is broken OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
unless you treat the game like a glorified voxel editor and get artistic satisfaction from a build
Just to elaborate, that IS a legitimate way to play and does not conflict with your previous statements; you "start weak" when you haven't built anything, and there is a sense of accomplishment when you "get stronger" by having completed a cool build.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just to elaborate, that IS a legitimate way to play and does not conflict with your previous statements; you "start weak" when you haven't built anything, and there is a sense of accomplishment when you "get stronger" by having completed a cool build.
I suppose, but I am talking about power and ability. In creative you have all the same abilities you have at the start then you do at the end of a build. You can spawn in 1000 diamonds in the first min in the same way you can in hour 20.
Unless you are counting skill and techniques as a form of progression?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Bloodbath12321

Jul 29, 2019
We are actually the most intelligent species on the planet at the moment. You are still right about the power thing.
However, we are unintelligent in comparison to what other species?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I'd say to dolphins. And a few Cat species.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say to dolphins. And a few Cat species.
Yes, we're clearly less intelligent than the dolphins who have invented a complex social order, build huge cities, and have developed to the point of worrying about environmental conservation instead of immediately taking whatever they want whenever they want it.
Cats (whatever species) aren't *that* smart; they just look smart by being super aloof.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly, you haven't seen a kitten nearly unscrew an air vent with his bare paws. (Yes, this actually happened to me, once. Kid was super smart.)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yes, we're clearly less intelligent than the dolphins who have invented a complex social order, build huge cities, and have developed to the point of worrying about environmental conservation instead of immediately taking whatever they want whenever they want it.
Cats (whatever species) aren't *that* smart; they just look smart by being super aloof.

I think the dolphin's ability to build huge cities might be hampered by the lack of opposable digits required for tool use.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it looks like someone got their wish. I started a new Infinity game with the latest version. Finally got to looking at Draconic items to see what I needed. First thing I notice...no armor. wtf. srsly. wtf.

Edit: they changed the icons and i didnt recognize them. oops lol. :/

Last edited:

Devan4590

Jul 29, 2019
There is one orespawn boss that is as overpowered as draconic armor. It will 1 hit KO you with diamond armor, mobzilla armor, and royal guardian armor. It will only take 1 damage from the royal guardian sword (accept for criticals which do 2) and same with Big Bertha. The only way to survive it is with draconic armor. So if you are making an OP boss survival kit, put draconic armor in there.

Icemewtwo

Jul 29, 2019
It's not overpowered, the armor has multiple weaknesses which you can exploit to kill someone wearing it. Some of those weaknesses are from hardcore ender expansion, but the main one is from Witchery. You can use witchery to bypass the armor entirely with the use of certain items and potions.

Icemewtwo

Jul 29, 2019
These items may be quite end game, but considering the difficulty to get draconic armor, it seems as if it's at least a bit balanced.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Something may be coming to deal with Draconic Armor...

TUnAOIY.png

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Still need to test it, but I think I know of at least one thing that would blast past draconic armour (other than ChC pylons): a ReactorCraft fusion plasma beam. Shit killed me even in full ProjectE gem armour, so something with a limited battery is likely utterly useless, no matter how powerful it is.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Something may be coming to deal with Draconic Armor...

TUnAOIY.png
I like how this is a boon in the hands of someone seeking to use Draconic Evolution, yet a bane in the hands of their opponents. Well done.

Still need to test it, but I think I know of at least one thing that would blast past draconic armour (other than ChC pylons): a ReactorCraft fusion plasma beam. Shit killed me even in full ProjectE gem armour, so something with a limited battery is likely utterly useless, no matter how powerful it is.
Those are hard to weaponize, though. The plasma entities despawn if they get any farther than 100 blocks (IIRC) from where they were created. Also, it's hard to control them, as each toroid magnet can only change the direction of the plasma entity a little bit; and there's absolutely no way that I know of to direct them upward. About the best you could do is make an extremely powerful electric fence around your base. As a bonus, it also would produce a bunch of neutrons you could use to power your base... which, come to think of it, are probably almost as dangerous as the plasma beam itself.