Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
LIke Raveb said - but with the "g" from mobgriefing capped >>>>mobGriefing. Or you could just type /gamerule m then tab after the "m" it'll fill it in for you. After which you type false.
That worked thanks. ^_^

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Don't sant next to pyrotheum in the night...a spider came and pushed me into it
oh, and don't block the exit of your sync shell

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Tips on water:
Make a set of shears and use it on leaves. You can get far more leaves quickly from a tree then you will saplings and 8 leaves will compost into 1 dirt in a barrel.
Dirt + Bottle + Cooked = water
Shears will also drop saplings as well as apples from oaks. Not as many as you would if you crooked them, but thus far I've never ran out of saplings my shearing leaves.
Recommend using the Birch trees for this however, tall oak trees can be a pain and slow you down if you need water ASAP.
This methood has given me more dirt then I need to be stock with water for a while, and enough birch wood to make a small house.

Also Apple + Sapling makes an Apple tree. So you don't need to be using the oak saplings anymore in your tree farms to avoid the annoying mess of REALLY BIG trees.

QUESTIONS for myself:
1. Will torches stop mob spawns? I want to expand but don't want nasty surprises waiting for me if I do.
2. Can we get more then the first water source block? Would like to also make a proper crop farm to better sustain myself. A 9x9 is just barly cutting it. + having to be creatuve to also keep a cobble gen going that don't burn down my crops and trees in said small space.
3. I've yet to finish Sapping a sapling. I have two buckets worth in the transposer with out put facing the quest block, and it is linked to the quest. Yet it will not drain in.
http://i.imgur.com/sx3iB3i.png
you can see behind the quest block is to the left. I've also switched sides the quest block is on, changed redstone outputs, and it still wont finish.

Last edited:

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Tips on water:
Make a set of shears and use it on leaves. You can get far more leaves quickly from a tree then you will saplings and 8 leaves will compost into 1 dirt in a barrel.
Shears will also drop saplings as well as apples from oaks. Not as many as you would if you crooked them, but thus far I've never ran out of saplings my shearing leaves.
Recommend using the Birch trees for this however, tall oak trees can be a pain and slow you down if you need water ASAP.
This methood has given me more dirt then I need to be stock with water for a while, and enough birch wood to make a small house.

Also Apple + Sapling makes an Apple tree. So you don't need to be using the oak saplings anymore in your tree farms to avoid the annoying mess of REALLY BIG trees.

QUESTIONS for myself:
1. Will torches stop mob spawns? I want to expand but don't want nasty surprises waiting for me if I do.
2. Can we get more then the first water source block? Would like to also make a proper crop farm to better sustain myself. A 9x9 is just barly cutting it. + having to be creatuve to also keep a cobble gen going that don't burn down my crops and trees in said small space.
3. I've yet to finish Sapping a sapling. I have two buckets worth in the transposer with out put facing the quest block, and it is linked to the quest. Yet it will not drain in.
you can see behind the quest block is to the left. I've also switched sides the quest block is on, changed redstone outputs, and it still wont finish.
1) yes.
2)
make a barrel with 6 planks and a slab.
melt leaves in crucible over pyrothium, use fluiduct to pipe water to barrel, right click with bucket. you now have placeable water.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
Tips on water:

QUESTIONS for myself:

1) Torches will stop mob spawns, but they do put off heat. Glowstone microblocks are a good option for lighting and they don't produce heat. 8 glowstone dust can make 2 glowstone blocks, which can be cut down with a saw into 64 glowstone nooks, each of which light up the area of a full glowstone block.

2) Another easy way to get water out of the transposer is to put a portable tank on top (4 glass and a copper to craft) and set the top face of the transposer to output. It will output the water to the tank at no energy cost and you can extract from the tank with a bucket or water bottle.

3) In the quest book, with Sapping the sapling active, you have to click on the box that says "Select Task" and then right click the book on the quest block. That will key it to the quest and allow you to put water in the block. Do note that you only need to put one bucket in the quest block and it could drain both buckets out of the transposer. I would make sure you only have one in there when you start outputting.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
QUESTIONS for myself:

http://i.imgur.com/sx3iB3i.png you can see behind the quest block is to the left. I've also switched sides the quest block is on, changed redstone outputs, and it still wont finish.

1) Well, it stops the yellow crossbars from appearing so I assume so?
2) You only need one water block to make a farm. Water block in middle, go out 4 blocks with dirt and fill in to make a square. Now take this downwards cuz he still hasn't (and hopefully never will) nerfed the flow of water downward. Your next farm patch will be right under the first farm, with the same water block watering the next field downward.
2014-08-17_152021_zps41bd0e79.png

Also catches the occasional squid in 1.1

3) They already answered for you :D

Reactions: Raveb

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
1) Well, it stops the yellow crossbars from appearing so I assume so?
2) You only need one water block to make a farm. Water block in middle, go out 4 blocks with dirt and fill in to make a square. Now take this downwards cuz he still hasn't (and hopefully never will) nerfed the flow of water downward. Your next farm patch will be right under the first farm, with the same water block watering the next field downward.
2014-08-17_152021_zps41bd0e79.png

Also catches the occasional squid in 1.1

3) They already answered for you :D

That is a genius idea for the farm!

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
There is a cheap source of early power. If you craft a potato with a lead nugget and a redstone dust you get a Tuberous Flux Capacitor with 16k RF. It isn't rechargeable, but as a bonus when you use all the power you get a baked potato!

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
3) In the quest book, with Sapping the sapling active, you have to click on the box that says "Select Task" and then right click the book on the quest block. That will key it to the quest and allow you to put water in the block. Do note that you only need to put one bucket in the quest block and it could drain both buckets out of the transposer. I would make sure you only have one in there when you start outputting.
People don't seem to read.

It already is. It has been linked for my whole play through. I've pretty much cleared though the first batch of quests and this one is currently chilling.
http://i.imgur.com/UrFMR5v.png
See? It's connected to the above, yet as I said ITS NOT GOING IN.
What am I doing wrong?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

It already is. It has been linked for my whole play through. I've pretty much cleared though the first batch of quests and this one is currently chilling.
What am I doing wrong?
Change your transposer's mode by clicking the bucket icon. Fill mode treats the tank as an input not an output

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry about that, didn't read that carefully enough.

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Torches will stop mobs from spawning but it needs to take away yellow and red cross areas or areas below or at light level 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips to farm pneumatic craft seeds? Should I have a 9x9 farm for each seed?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Why people make that big a deal about making a water source block? Leaves (or saplings) influid transposer-> water. Clay bucket in fluid transposer set on output -> bucket with water.

Now about shearing leaves. It's all good and fun, but eats through shears quite fast. Are there alternatives? Or I should just make more shears?

Also, how do I make grout? Recipe seems to be disabled.

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the scythe from TiC can shear leaves as well, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. This however requires 4 blocks of metal and 3 seared bricks to make the tool forge, so its not an option right off the bat.

Also, you can't make grout in 1.1.12 pack, you have to scavenge the initial smelter blocks from a city.

Edit: Just tested the Scythe and it doesn't seem to work. It might need a silky add-on. If that is the case, maybe just stick with the shears ;)

Last edited:

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Rav your right it requires 3 searded bricks and 4 blocks of metal

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Sieve gravel to get emerald and get the silky TiCon thingy - can't remember the name. Put it on an axe and shear your leaves - no shears needed and flint to repair works fine for cheapness.