Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
In portal gun what is the default button to close one portal but keep the other open?

I don;t know if there is a button to do that. I usely just shot it again what I want it. Or baring that run water over the portal.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics (any version): is there a way to trigger a crafting recipe from the access terminal despite still having the resulting item in stock?

Example: imagine I had 14,000 unobtanium ingots (just for the sake of this example) and also 30 unobtanium ore. I also have a crafting pattern set elsewhere in the network that will macerate and smelt the metal. Can I somehow request more unobtanium ingots to be crafted without having to remove all 14,000 of them from the network first?

I know about setting up an export bus pointing back at the network somewhere that will constantly attempt to trigger the recipe, but I'm looking for a way to do this manually, from the access terminal.

*heads off to bed, will reply tomorrow*

The real question is, why wouldn't you have it automatically be processed in the first place?
For the record, you can set the interface to show craftables only, and no matter how much of a thing you have in the system, you'll always craft it if you access it from that mode.
But why not autoprocess in the first place?

SneakyDevil

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics (any version): is there a way to trigger a crafting recipe from the access terminal despite still having the resulting item in stock?

Example: imagine I had 14,000 unobtanium ingots (just for the sake of this example) and also 30 unobtanium ore. I also have a crafting pattern set elsewhere in the network that will macerate and smelt the metal. Can I somehow request more unobtanium ingots to be crafted without having to remove all 14,0brilliantly overcompli00 of them from the network first?

I know about setting up an export bus pointing back at the network somewhere that will constantly attempt to trigger the recipe, but I'm looking for a way to do this manually, from the access terminal.

*heads off to bed, will reply tomorrow*

Yes! I suggest you watch Odedex (cause that guy is brilliantly overcomplicated) he will often go through and explain/show how to do everything from the FTB Direwolf20 pack

To answer your question: When you are in the UI for the AE inventory on the left or right there should be a Craft-Craft/Move-StackMove button, exactly like you would find on an export bus. Just click that to "craft" and it shows you all the recipes you can craft in the AE network that you have saved

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I must ask. for 1.5.2, is there a way to automate tree farms for Biomes O Plenty trees? I have forestry, MFR and 85 extra mods.(Its basically a cooler FTB pack for myself) but Ive never made a tree farm. I tried making a minefactory reloaded one since its incredibly easy. But it doesnt recognize darkwood/ghostwood/sakura as anything it could plant so since Ive never done trees before today Im at a loss.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I must ask. for 1.5.2, is there a way to automate tree farms for Biomes O Plenty trees? I have forestry, MFR and 85 extra mods.(Its basically a cooler FTB pack for myself) but Ive never made a tree farm. I tried making a minefactory reloaded one since its incredibly easy. But it doesnt recognize darkwood/ghostwood/sakura as anything it could plant so since Ive never done trees before today Im at a loss.
First thing that comes to mind is that Ghostwood and maybe Darkwood trees come from Natura, if I remember correctly.
Second... turtles. I don't know Lua myself, so I can't help you there, but I would suspect that a program in an axe turtle that loops chopping the trunk every however many minutes, with a wooden golem or another item collection system on the ground to collect the saplings, could be adapted to work for any sort of tree.
That is, turtle chops tree, leaves decay, golem collects saplings. And maybe the wood, too, if you tell the turtle to drop the wood on the ground.

That, and bug PowerCrystals about the lack of support for Biomes O' Plenty and/or Natura.

Edit:
Yeah, they do now, turn out i need to redirect them through a stone pipe before pumping them back into the apiary
Um... Try placing the apiarist pipe directly on the apiary again, setting the direction facing the apiary to "Any Bee", and setting the direction leading to your storage to "Anything". In this configuration, the pipe should try to stuff bees into the apiary, but if they don't fit, they'll go to your storage.

Speaking of which, is your storage full? If you pipe your bees into an analyzer, it is backlogged or out of honey?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
First thing that comes to mind is that Ghostwood and maybe Darkwood trees come from Natura, if I remember correctly.
Second... turtles. I don't know Lua myself, so I can't help you there, but I would suspect that a program in an axe turtle that loops chopping the trunk every however many minutes, with a wooden golem or another item collection system on the ground to collect the saplings, could be adapted to work for any sort of tree.
That is, turtle chops tree, leaves decay, golem collects saplings. And maybe the wood, too, if you tell the turtle to drop the wood on the ground.

That, and bug PowerCrystals about the lack of support for Biomes O' Plenty and/or Natura.

Edit:

Um... Try placing the apiarist pipe directly on the apiary again, setting the direction facing the apiary to "Any Bee", and setting the direction leading to your storage to "Anything". In this configuration, the pipe should try to stuff bees into the apiary, but if they don't fit, they'll go to your storage.

Speaking of which, is your storage full? If you pipe your bees into an analyzer, it is backlogged or out of honey?

Well Power Crystals already replied that they knew about this and were going to work with BoP. But I need the simplest solution so I can get all the logs possible. I thought forestry could do a tree farm and even vanilla. I just need to find myself swimming in logs.

For that matter, how is that fireproof log even planted? It seems to grow from the ceiling in the nether, but.. does it grow from the ground in the world?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
How much power does an automated compressor from GregTech draw, by default?

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is, why wouldn't you have it automatically be processed in the first place?
For the record, you can set the interface to show craftables only, and no matter how much of a thing you have in the system, you'll always craft it if you access it from that mode.
But why not autoprocess in the first place?

Why do I need to have a reason for wanting to know soomething?

Maybe the resource in question is so rare that setting up an export bus and paying the constant energy cost plainly isn't worth it? Maybe my system handles so much stuff that I would have to dedicate an entire room full of export buses? Maybe I don't want my machinery clogged up by some random autoprocess when I want to process something specific? Maybe I just think the whole export bus pointing back at the network mechanic is unintuitive and unelegant? Maybe the president of the United States of America gave me a special mission to find out? ...Or maybe I just want to know? :p

Thanks for the answer btw :)

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Why do I need to have a reason for wanting to know soomething?

Maybe the resource in question is so rare that setting up an export bus and paying the constant energy cost plainly isn't worth it? Maybe my system handles so much stuff that I would have to dedicate an entire room full of export buses? Maybe I don't want my machinery clogged up by some random autoprocess when I want to process something specific? Maybe I just think the whole export bus pointing back at the network mechanic is unintuitive and unelegant? Maybe the president of the United States of America gave me a special mission to find out? ...Or maybe I just want to know? :p

Thanks for the answer btw :)
Meh, I just think that it's cleaner to have all your shiny ores autoprocessed. And your other ores, too.

And no need to thank me, answers are part of my job. :3

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
edit: update: 1 enchant if from bibliocraft, the rest are from thaumic tinkerer :)

Hi, does anyone know what mod adds the following enchants? (1.5.2) and if so, can you confrim what they do?

reading I - update: added by Bibliocraft, can be applied to helmets, offers same affect as wearing reading glasses
ashes I (this can go on both melee weapons and bows, the other 3 below are melee only)
vampirism I (I'm guessing this is a lifesteal)
soulbinder I (this seems to have a small chance of making a mob your pet, although the 1 time it fired for me the skeleton just stood there and didn't help me)
freezing I (I'd presume a snare)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I have a pair of 36HP boilers running on fuel and pushing 4 turbines, they are fully stocked with water and fuel and both have been at full heat for a while. I have a matterfab on the end of my line, pulling any and all spare EU, so the 4 turbines should be hitting 100% constantly.

My problem is, all 4 turbines are sitting at 80 odd percent because the boilers are sitting at 50% steam quantity. I thought that 2 36HP's were able to run 4 turbines easily, as I used to have a few engines on a pair as well in my last base.

Attached below is a picture of the setup if it helps at all.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I have a pair of 36HP boilers running on fuel and pushing 4 turbines, they are fully stocked with water and fuel and both have been at full heat for a while. I have a matterfab on the end of my line, pulling any and all spare EU, so the 4 turbines should be hitting 100% constantly.

My problem is, all 4 turbines are sitting at 80 odd percent because the boilers are sitting at 50% steam quantity. I thought that 2 36HP's were able to run 4 turbines easily, as I used to have a few engines on a pair as well in my last base.

Attached below is a picture of the setup if it helps at all.

Try using four liquiduct connections per turbine.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
In a test world one time, i got about 3 and a half turbines for a hp boiler, but that was a while ago and i dont know if anything changed

PolyDeucs

Jul 29, 2019
I placed a plate bending machine in my FTB ultimate world. It was connected to peat fired engines and my world shut down and FTB crashed. When I restart FTB it crashes again. Can anyone help me?