Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
As a companion to the FAQ thread, I felt this forum could use one of these. If you have a question on the mechanics of any mod or an interaction between multiple mods, ask here and someone will get back with an answer. Any question is welcome here, no matter how easily obtained the information may be or how often such a question has been asked. This thread is welcoming to all.

This thread is not for crashes, installation issues, or other such errors. There is an entire tech support forum dedicated to those issues (link below).

Useful resources:
Minecraft Wiki: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki
Official Feed the Beast Wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/FTB_Wiki
Unofficial Feed the Beast Wiki: [URL]http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki[/URL]

FAQ / EAQ thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/faq-and-eaq-gameplay-only.5532/
Collected Guides: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/collected-guides-thread.213/
Tech Support Forum: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/tech-support-now-unlocked.14/

Last edited:

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
The only Jetpack I know of is from IC2. I'm not aware of one specific to the Mindcrack modpack, and I'm not finding any other one in the Mindcrack NEI. Does it perhaps have a different item name?

IC2 has two Jetpacks, one that runs on EU and one that runs on fuel. Controls are simple: hold spacebar to ascend, hold M and press spacebar to switch to Hover mode. In Hover mode, you ascend slower, and it slows your fall so you do not take fall damage.

beefstuboy5

Jul 29, 2019
yeah its the one that runs on eu but every time I use m it just goes to rays minimap menu[DOUBLEPOST=1359482664][/DOUBLEPOST]wait never mind I just had to change the controls, thanks anyway! :)

Reactions: Cougar281

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Rei's minimap saves it's keybinds in a different way than the default minecraft and have to be edited through Rei's minimap's menus. Also, because of the way the keybinds are stored, you'll need to change them every time the modpack updates.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I want to set up an IC miner on a moving frame platform. I would like the miner to fill in the holes it creates. Assuming I can get it to work manually or automatically, how exactly does the "filling holes" work? The miner is several blocks above ground level, will I end up with cobblestone pillars reaching all the way to the frameship, or is the miner intelligent enough to only replace blocks it had mined?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's intelligent enough to only fill in the holes it creates, you might need to use Block Breakers to remove the Cobble.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I want to set up an IC miner on a moving frame platform. I would like the miner to fill in the holes it creates. Assuming I can get it to work manually or automatically, how exactly does the "filling holes" work? The miner is several blocks above ground level, will I end up with cobblestone pillars reaching all the way to the frameship, or is the miner intelligent enough to only replace blocks it had mined?

I believe the miner will replace all the mining pipe with cobblestone. You'll end up with a pillar going up to the airship. I'm running a test on such now.

EDIT

Yeah, it builds a cobble pillar straight up to the miner.

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
Once I saw a video on youtube and the person was using something and he could see all his stuff and choose what he needed. Could someone tell me what block this could be and how to use it ? thx

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I don't quite understand the question. Are you referring to some form of Ender Chest or Ender Pouch, or something NEI-related?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Not Enough Items is a mod that shows you everything in the game and lets you check their recipes, or potentially cheat the item to yourself if such is enabled.

An in-game version of what blueone is referencing would be the old Logistic Pipe's Request Pipe. The Request Pipe would show you everything available in the pipe system, and you could tell it to send you any of the items available in the system. This does not currently exist in the FTB modpacks. However, the author has stated that he is working on an official update, and unofficial fan-updates are available if you are savvy enough to install your own mods.

If neither of these are what you are talking about, could you provide a link to the video in question?

KowKrisis

Jul 29, 2019
Once I saw a video on youtube and the person was using something and he could see all his stuff and choose what he needed. Could someone tell me what block this could be and how to use it ? thx

Could you be referring to the request pipe from logistic pipes? With logistic pipes one can hook up all their storage chests into a network and view their contents at a request pipe. What is actually show will depend on settings at individual chests, such as keep one stack/one item and such. This is the only item I know that lets you view your stockpile in a single block.

Edit: Ninja'd

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

You could mount the miner on a separate platform, and lower it to the ground each time you use it- should be easier than building a system to remove the cobble pillar.

If you're good with FOURTH a sortron can count the amount of blocks brought up by a miner, and auto-supply an equivalent amount of cobblestone when its cycle is finished.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you're good with FOURTH a sortron can count the amount of blocks brought up by a miner, and auto-supply an equivalent amount of cobblestone when its cycle is finished.

That wouldn't quite work, since the amount of ore the miner pulls will vary. I was thinking of something along the lines of a turtle trailing the rig, or riding on it, and then filling the hole or removing extra cobble while the miner is doing another dig. It's simple to detect ground level with CC (at least if I ignore trees and other stuff getting in the way).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
That wouldn't quite work, since the amount of ore the miner pulls will vary. I was thinking of something along the lines of a turtle trailing the rig, or riding on it, and then filling the hole or removing extra cobble while the miner is doing another dig. It's simple to detect ground level with CC (at least if I ignore trees and other stuff getting in the way).

You're right on that one; in that case one could simply count the amount of mining pipe used after the first block (dirt/stone/sand/gravel) is pulled up.

Reactions: Abdiel

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know why after every update, NEI goes back into cheat mode (I use recipe mode), and if there's a way to prevent this?
Every time I update, within a few minutes of loading I look up a recipe and unexpectedly end up with a stack of something :p

Reactions: guiguilyon