Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
/giveprincess TristanBomb Rejuvenating
/givedrone TristanBomb Rejuvenating
Or, grab any old princess and drone, and throw them in an Imprinter.

Then, slap down an Apiary or Alveary (Or maybe a Bee House- I don't know if those work, but since you're in creative, that doesn't matter), and drop the bees in the left-hand slots.

apeiorn2

Jul 29, 2019
Im trying to use factorization to have an automated hennequin farm, but the harvester doesnt pick up the seeds/leaves and output to an adjacent chest or gold pipe? Is there something im not getting?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, is it possible to find the data which contains information of the inventories of turtles (in the actual saves folder out of the game) and copy it over to other turtles. I have 216 turtles that i need to fill their inventories with (inventories will be filled with the same thing) so i thought it might be quicker to do it this way.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Failing that, you could program a turtle to fill up the other turtles for you... :p

haha yeah thats not gonna happen, i just spent an hour recording their IDs so I can send rednet signals to them. and i think that thats a bit more work than doing it manually again

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't really sound that much work. Just have a storage where all the items are located. Place down all 216 of your turtles in a long line. Now have another turtle take one set of items and deposit it into the first turtle in the line, then return to the storage and replenish itself. Then, by incrementing the right coordinate with a simple loop, it can go to the second turtle in line and fill that up, then back to storage, then to the third in line, then back to storage and so on... it might take a while but you can go do something else in the meantime ;)

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't really sound that much work. Just have a storage where all the items are located. Place down all 216 of your turtles in a long line. Now have another turtle take one set of items and deposit it into the first turtle in the line, then return to the storage and replenish itself. Then, by incrementing the right coordinate with a simple loop, it can go to the second turtle in line and fill that up, then back to storage, then to the third in line, then back to storage and so on... it might take a while but you can go do something else in the meantime ;)

well i think i know where the data is stored its in the region file, now ive got to figure out which region file and what chunk i am in *eek*

EDIT: OK I have got it to work now to copy and paste the data into all 216 turtles

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Place down all 216 of your turtles in a long line. Now have another turtle take one set of items and deposit it into the first turtle in the line, then return to the storage and replenish itself.
Or, get the turtles to all file past a Manager that is set up to stock them up as required. Just make sure the resources are in individual chests that are arranged by distance so that the Slot 1 resource is closest, then the Slot 2 resource, etc. so they arrive in the right order.

*Edit* Hm, I wonder if Forestry and NEI would be a better option - get an Adventurer's Pack configured (in the Forestry config file) to hold all the items you need, save your inventory, then go along the line of turtles shift-right-clicking on each one and then reloading your inventory. That should dump the contents of the pack into each one and then restore the contents for the next one. Of course if it's just basic building materials then a Digger's Backpack would do without having to set up the config file for an Adventurer's Pack. I haven't tested whether the shift-right-click works on turtles or not, but they are just inventories so it should do.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, is it possible to find the data which contains information of the inventories of turtles (in the actual saves folder out of the game) and copy it over to other turtles. I have 216 turtles that i need to fill their inventories with (inventories will be filled with the same thing) so i thought it might be quicker to do it this way.

Yes It is. Trust me I hate typing so its easier to copy paste into the /world/computer folder.

Edit: Sorry reading again. Don't think you can do inventories. Just the Programs.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Yes It is. Trust me I hate typing so its easier to copy paste into the /world/computer folder.

Edit: Sorry reading again. Don't think you can do inventories. Just the Programs.

I actually found out how to do it but it has taken me an hour haha, so basically i have to find the chunk the turtle is located in in the region file. Turtles are listed as TileEntities and opening it up displays all the turtles and all their data including their inventories. I should note that i had to use NBTExplorer to do this

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I actually found out how to do it but it has taken me an hour haha, so basically i have to find the chunk the turtle is located in in the region file. Turtles are listed as TileEntities and opening it up displays all the turtles and all their data including their inventories. I should note that i had to use NBTExplorer to do this
Ohh Ok. I'm not going there have enough to learn as it is.
Clad to hear you solved the problem though.

SneakyDevil

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, I have FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 and I have an Indexer, but when I attempt to shift-click the indexer with the bee(that is what you are suppose to do right?) the bee just stays in my hand..

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Eh, I have FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 and I have an Indexer, but when I attempt to shift-click the indexer with the bee(that is what you are suppose to do right?) the bee just stays in my hand..
If you're trying to place bees in the indexer by directly clicking on the block with a bee, that probably won't work.
Try opening the indexer's GUI, then shift-clicking the bees, as you would shift-click items into a chest.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Do the bees have a valid destination? If not the pipe may just be spitting them out and then they're despawning.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics (any version): is there a way to trigger a crafting recipe from the access terminal despite still having the resulting item in stock?

Example: imagine I had 14,000 unobtanium ingots (just for the sake of this example) and also 30 unobtanium ore. I also have a crafting pattern set elsewhere in the network that will macerate and smelt the metal. Can I somehow request more unobtanium ingots to be crafted without having to remove all 14,000 of them from the network first?

I know about setting up an export bus pointing back at the network somewhere that will constantly attempt to trigger the recipe, but I'm looking for a way to do this manually, from the access terminal.

*heads off to bed, will reply tomorrow*