Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find a block to handle this simple function. I need a "block detector" (but not the RP2 block) that can look at the square in front of it and send a signal telling me if something's there or not. (Using DW20, but curious about any mods that might have this functionality)

Without RP2

Well there is always CC turtles. you can code them to check in front of them and then send a redstone signal out to any of its sides.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I meant to say that I didn't want the "block detector" from RP2, because that's a very different functionality. I'm fine using it if there's another block in that mod somewhere I'm missing.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find a block to handle this simple function. I need a "block detector" (but not the RP2 block) that can look at the square in front of it and send a signal telling me if something's there or not. (Using DW20, but curious about any mods that might have this functionality)

CC turtles or a vanilla bud switch.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
So, for a complete turtle noob (my experience with them begins and ends with tunnel and excavate), how simple is this code? I've never touched lua, and my programming is very rusty in general.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Plonk a turtle down and give it the following startup script:

Code:
while true do
  redstone.setOutput("back", turtle.detect())
  sleep(5) -- Or however many seconds you want between checks.
end

A redstone signal will come out the back if a block is in front of it. Making it check too often risks lag, especially if you're using lots of such turtles.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for testing, this is the exact thing we're getting. Looks like it's a bug with Thaumcraft, not my custom configs. Cheers! :)

I decided to do a further test late last night - I enabled the cheat sheet option in the config file, just to see if it was potentially an issue with the research as opposed to the thauminomicon just not updating. But no, every mod added metal transmutation was blank.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe something changed in some API, or the way Forge handles the ore dictionary, that caught Azanor off guard there.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone recommend a good mod spotlight for the version of Steve's Carts 2 that's in the Ultimate pack? Direwolf20 seems to have done a spotlight for the 1.5 SC2, and for the original Steve's Carts, but I can't find one for the 1.4.7 version.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
And VSWE has his own YouTube channel, where he shows off all the new features, whenever any are added.
"Are you also tired of <problemthattheupdatesolves>?"
I recommend checking this out.
Subscribing to allow authors who YouTube generally is a good idea, such as Covert, VSWE and Shdwdrgn (soul shards- I still want those tools!)

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
That's the one I already said about. It's the 1.5 version, and from what he says, it seems to only focus on changes for 1.5, rather than a basis in how to use it. I've never touched SC2, and I want to learn it.

It's the 1.4 version, the spotlight he did for it prior to the 1.5 changes one - check the description :)

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else not able to craft MFR machines in 1.5.2 WGT I play on a sever and we can make rednet cable but not the actual machines and we can't see their recipes in NEI is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Is anyone else not able to craft MFR machines in 1.5.2 WGT I play on a sever and we can make rednet cable but not the actual machines and we can't see their recipes in NEI is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?
Make sure you go through the config and the recipes you want are enabled.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you go through the config and the recipes you want are enabled.
They are all enabled but it says that its Gregtech recipes are enabled but that doesn't explain why the recipes aren't showing up.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
They are all enabled but it says that its Gregtech recipes are enabled but that doesn't explain why the recipes aren't showing up.
Recipes not showing up means it's a bug/error with the NEI plug-in for MFR then. Because NEI has plug-ins for every mod so that it knows what to add to the recipe list.

Are you able to craft the machines without them showing up in NEI?

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Recipes not showing up means it's a bug/error with the NEI plug-in for MFR then. Because NEI has plug-ins for every mod so that it knows what to add to the recipe list.

Are you able to craft the machines without them showing up in NEI?
I tried crafting the machine casing from the MFR forum page but Greg has changed them so now I don't know what the new recipe is funny thing is though I can see some of the recipes for certain items but not for others for example I can see the safari launcher but not the safari nets.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is it possible to make the MAC in applied energistics to do fuzzy crafting across different items that are forge dictionary compatible?

I.e. For a recipe for wood -> planks, does it have to be that specific wood, or can you program it to use any type of wood?

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Question: is it possible to make the MAC in applied energistics to do fuzzy crafting across different items that are forge dictionary compatible?

I.e. For a recipe for wood -> planks, does it have to be that specific wood, or can you program it to use any type of wood?

I am pretty sure that a MAC uses the forge directory. I haven't tried wood but i do know it works well enough with metals. I am fairly sure it shoud work with wood but i cant garranty it.

However if it does work properly, the wood to planks recipi will still be tied to a certain type of wood i believe. I am pretty sure it works something like this.

You program to make a chest with oak planks, but there is only non oak available in your system, it will just happyly craft it with the other types of planks.
If there are no planks available it will try to craft them by using the wood to planks if it has a pattern saying that. Now here is the fuzzy part, im pretty sure that it will try to craft oak planks, and will only try to craft oak planks even if you have other types of wood available. Even if you have a pattern for say jungle wood to jungle planks, it will not use it because it is requesting oak planks.

In short. I am pretty sure a MAC will craft any item happyly with any forge directory item, but it wont craft the diffrend directory items, only those that are specified.