Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I see no reason to raid more then one maze.

All the loot? Building materiels? Fun?

Ah well. This isn't a discussion thread. Omicron stole the words from my mouth though.

I have a question though. Is it possible to have a quarry/equivalent that uses fortune/silk touch without thaumcraft? Most especially in the case of 1.5 packs.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
All the loot? Building materiels? Fun?

Ah well. This isn't a discussion thread. Omicron stole the words from my mouth though.

I have a question though. Is it possible to have a quarry/equivalent that uses fortune/silk touch without thaumcraft? Most especially in the case of 1.5 packs.

I don't believe there is. All the mass mining methods that I can think of are Quarry, Frame machines, Turtles, and Tunnel bore.. and only the tunnel bore can take on enchantments. Block-breakers for the frame machines and turtles both mine it as if a player mined it.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...that might work. Honestly, the times I do get around to using a boiler, I run the steam thru a tesseract because I tend to keep 'em on a separate part of my base from most of my other power gen. Though, I think 8 liquiducts in a ring around a tesseract on top of a larger boiler produces good results.
Works perfectly, I use this myself.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Adonis, love the username btw. I've just heard about some MFR lasers that need to be tested out anyway :D

A couple more questions though. Is the electric wrench defaulted to lossless mode upon crafting? And why would you have it OFF of lossless mode?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
A couple more questions though. Is the electric wrench defaulted to lossless mode upon crafting? And why would you have it OFF of lossless mode?
It defaults to lossy mode. If you want it to use 500 eu instead of 10000, you can turn it off from lossless mode.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here running Thaumcraft 3.05e on 1.5.2? If so, could you test if all the mod metal transmutes (copper, tin, silver, lead) work for you? We're getting an odd glitch on my server where some of the recipes don't show up in the thaumonomicon (AKA, the unlocked research is there but the book page where the recipe should be shows blank) and will not work in the crucible even if you know the right ingredients.

Just tested this with Tin Transmutation - same thing, blank page in the Thauminomicon, adding the ingredients to a crucible gives the message "You discover something, but you can't record your findings!"

Reactions: Omicron

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested this with Tin Transmutation - same thing, blank page in the Thauminomicon, adding the ingredients to a crucible gives the message "You discover something, but you can't record your findings!"

Even with the writing tools and paper in your inventory? Strange.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Even with the writing tools and paper in your inventory? Strange.

No, cause if I do that it gives me Iron Transmutation - then if I research that, any time I put Metallum into the crucible, for example, Metallum+Vitreous (For tin), I get iron... Wanted to try without any further research first :)

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get my industrial blast furnace to 3000 K? It has max advanced casings and lava inside and is only at 2880 K.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Adonis, love the username btw. I've just heard about some MFR lasers that need to be tested out anyway :D

If you're using a pack with OmniTools (I think they all come with it, but just in case), I'd suggest ditching...pretty much all wrenches and such, save for the RP2 screwdrivers, and using an omniwrench, instead. Its a bit more expensive early on than the others, but its sheer utility means that it'll be the only thing you need to work with all non-RP2 machines, and you'll be able to recoup your investment fairly easily. With EE3, getting the cyan wool isn't all that hard, either, once you get a minium stone and some bog-standard red or yellow dye.

Reactions: Anubis

Darkness4910

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I just created my first managed forestry multi farm. I made it so it is 50% tree farm and 50% peat farm. It worked just fine, until the farm decided not to turn my supplied dirt into humus any more. Now my farm looks like a desert. The hydration tab on the right was at 971%, but went down to about 51% when it started raining.

Second problem, my peat farm is set to be located north - east, but it won't put down any bog earth on the eastern side. Even worse, it refuses to leave space for water on the northern side.

How can I fix all of that? I am running Ultimate 1.1.2.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using a pack with OmniTools (I think they all come with it, but just in case), I'd suggest ditching...pretty much all wrenches and such, save for the RP2 screwdrivers, and using an omniwrench, instead. Its a bit more expensive early on than the others, but its sheer utility means that it'll be the only thing you need to work with all non-RP2 machines, and you'll be able to recoup your investment fairly easily. With EE3, getting the cyan wool isn't all that hard, either, once you get a minium stone and some bog-standard red or yellow dye.

Took the words right out of my mouth, First 3 I find diamonds go to a Redstone Energy Cell and a Omniwrench =D

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to reduce load times of the Ultimate pack. I play 1.0.1 and from clicking launch to seeing the menu in MC it takes roughly 1:05. I do run 128x Sphax along with the ultra version of Optifine, which the TP should make loading longer but not THAT much longer. I also load FTB from my SSD drive so.....

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Thank you for testing, this is the exact thing we're getting. Looks like it's a bug with Thaumcraft, not my custom configs. Cheers! :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get an industrial blast furnace to 3000 K?

In the latest upgrade of Gregtech, casings aren't enough, as you've already found out
You need to install heating coils into the blast furnace block to get more heat capacity. there's another one starting with K I believe, that's the next tier up for the industrial blast furnace.

If you just search up coil, you'll get three types of heating coils, the cupronickel ones you can't put in, because the industrial blast furnace is crafted with those, then there's one that gives a set of three, but is more expensive, and then another one that you craft one by one, which is the most expensive. You should only need the second heating coil because you have the maximum heat bonus from the casings

The advantage to upgrading your casings is that you can put another three industrial blast furnace blocks onto it and they'll all have the heat capacity bonus from the casings, however the coils are specific to the blast furnace block you install them on.

JarinArenos

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find a block to handle this simple function. I need a "block detector" (but not the RP2 block) that can look at the square in front of it and send a signal telling me if something's there or not. (Using DW20, but curious about any mods that might have this functionality)