Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
Why can I not put efficiency books on my advanced diamond drill? Did they patch that? I can only put silk touch and fortune on it.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Why can I not put efficiency books on my advanced diamond drill? Did they patch that? I can only put silk touch and fortune on it.

I'm not completely sure, but the problem you might be having is that the level required is too high. If I remember correctly, the max levels you can use at an anvil is 30, even if it displays a higher number. So be careful of the order and such, as well as the name.

There's a way to reset it, but I forgot how.

EDIT: It also was a bug, so that above post might be completely off and the whole this IS in fact a fixed bug.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting electric tools is an exploit that they're constantly trying to fix (with mixed success). My experience in 1.5.2 so far is that the anvil will happily consume your levels and your books, but give you back the tool unenchanted.

So basically, any enchant that does work, be happy about it - there's no guarantee it'll work in the future.

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
My old ADD disappeared while I was mining through that maze stone stuff. Is that a bug or just a really annoying feature?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone here running Thaumcraft 3.05e on 1.5.2? If so, could you test if all the mod metal transmutes (copper, tin, silver, lead) work for you? We're getting an odd glitch on my server where some of the recipes don't show up in the thaumonomicon (AKA, the unlocked research is there but the book page where the recipe should be shows blank) and will not work in the crucible even if you know the right ingredients.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
My old ADD disappeared while I was mining through that maze stone stuff. Is that a bug or just a really annoying feature?

It's a bug. The mazestone uses the full durability of a diamond pick every time it's mined, but it also uses the durability bar as durability, instead of EU. So if you mine that stuff with anything besides a mazebreaker or a laser, then you are very likely to break your tool.

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
It's a bug. The mazestone uses the full durability of a diamond pick every time it's mined, but it also uses the durability bar as durability, instead of EU. So if you mine that stuff with anything besides a mazebreaker or a laser, then you are very likely to break your tool.

Sticky dynamite works the best, was using drill because I ran out.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I've found that placing the steam consumer directly on one of the sides of the boiler in question (no pipes or liquiducts, direct block-to-block contact) is usually the best option for optimal conversion. If you've got a big enough boiler, you could place a pattern like...

Code:
WCW
CBC
WCW

W = Tank Wall; C = Consumer; B = Bridge

And get a good deal of power when you plonk down whatever kind of power producer you want.

This seems like a good idea, however, It doesn't seem to work..
The boilers are only outputting 80mb per block connection automatically, while the maximum they produce is 720mb/t
so, from each boiler we're only getting 160mb/t out of a possible 720mb/t

The most efficient (in terms of power) set-up I've been able to get so far is a consumer-bridge-producer per boiler.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...that might work. Honestly, the times I do get around to using a boiler, I run the steam thru a tesseract because I tend to keep 'em on a separate part of my base from most of my other power gen. Though, I think 8 liquiducts in a ring around a tesseract on top of a larger boiler produces good results.

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
Dungeon loot at the end of a maze usually! :D

Finally all of those hours reading youtube comments and looking at wikis is paying off!

So you get a pickaxe to help getting through a maze AFTER you already got through it and when it might have been useful?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019

I find the easiest way to get through it is a wand of equal trade.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
So you get a pickaxe to help getting through a maze AFTER you already got through it and when it might have been useful?

It's called "earning a reward through honest effort". There's more than one maze in the forest... beat one legit, and you get to cheat on all the others.

Reactions: Jess887cp