Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
The boilers look to be running out of steam, they are only half full. It is not a problem of lack of steam to the turbines I don't think.

A steam boiler running at capacity sits at 50% steam, max utput is 720mb, I believe each turbine requires 320 or 340mb so there is enough steam.

I also believe you need more liquiducts.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I placed a plate bending machine in my FTB ultimate world. It was connected to peat fired engines and my world shut down and FTB crashed. When I restart FTB it crashes again. Can anyone help me?
Plate bending machine runs on EU. If you attach any form of MJ generation to it, it will crash.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well Power Crystals already replied that they knew about this and were going to work with BoP. But I need the simplest solution so I can get all the logs possible. I thought forestry could do a tree farm and even vanilla. I just need to find myself swimming in logs.

For that matter, how is that fireproof log even planted? It seems to grow from the ceiling in the nether, but.. does it grow from the ground in the world?
I have confirmed that all three of your trees are from Natura, not BoP.
If you want to swim in logs, you can use basically any tree you like. Try vanilla trees- the large jungle trees (the 2x2 ones) might be exactly what you're looking for.

For the bloodwood trees, you plant the saplings on the ground, and they shoot up to the ceiling when they grow. Note that all of the Nether trees seem to be fireproof, though.

Hi, does anyone know what mod adds the following enchants? (1.5.2) and if so, can you confrim what they do?

reading I (this can be applied to goggles of revealing, reading glasses, nightvision goggles, trackman's etc)
ashes I (this can go on both melee weapons and bows, the other 3 below are melee only)
vampirism I (I'm guessing this is a lifesteal)
soulbinder I (this seems to have a small chance of making a mob your pet, although the 1 time it fired for me the skeleton just stood there and dind't help me)
freezing I (I'd presume a snare)

the Bibloicraft changelog said:
* NEW ENCHANTMENT: Reading I – This is a rare enchantment that can only be created by enchanting a book. This enchantment then goes on a helmet of choice and grants the player the ability to read text just like the reading glasses, tinted glasses, or monocle.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. Ive mostly used EU and electric engines to power whatever uses MJ.(Pulv, etc) But Ive run into a problem. Now I can build redstone energy cells and I have no idea whats an efficient way to power them. Im using my own 1.5.2 mods, but its basically a ftb pack. Have some 87 mods currently installed including IC2, greg, buildcraft, etc. I think I may be missing good MJ production or even storage however. So Im at a loss. Im trying to drain my mfsu atm and.. yeah, with 4 electric engines powering the redstone cell.. Ill be here a while.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Question. Ive mostly used EU and electric engines to power whatever uses MJ.(Pulv, etc) But Ive run into a problem. Now I can build redstone energy cells and I have no idea whats an efficient way to power them. Im using my own 1.5.2 mods, but its basically a ftb pack. Have some 87 mods currently installed including IC2, greg, buildcraft, etc. I think I may be missing good MJ production or even storage however. So Im at a loss. Im trying to drain my mfsu atm and.. yeah, with 4 electric engines powering the redstone cell.. Ill be here a while.
Power Converters?
Mod by Power Crystals, also the author of Minefactory Reloaded, whose sole purpose is to convert one mod's energy into another mod's energy. Currently supports EU, MJ, UE, steam, and Factorization.

Alternatively, if you want to stick to Forestry, you could use a Soldering Iron to insert Electron Tubes into a Circuit Board, and use that to make your electric engines run faster. I don't remember which type of tubes you want, although I would guess Bronze, Tin, and/or Iron.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Power Converters?
Mod by Power Crystals, also the author of Minefactory Reloaded, whose sole purpose is to convert one mod's energy into another mod's energy. Currently supports EU, MJ, UE, steam, and Factorization.

Alternatively, if you want to stick to Forestry, you could use a Soldering Iron to insert Electron Tubes into a Circuit Board, and use that to make your electric engines run faster. I don't remember which type of tubes you want, although I would guess Bronze, Tin, and/or Iron.

Ick. Guess Ill do power converters then since Im already using MFR and most of his other mods anyway. From the way it looks like it works, I could just power a mfsu with whatever Im using(Thermals) and then from the power conversion I could power pretty much anything else? Would the power converter need to be pluged into natural conversions though?

I stated it badly there, but if the mod could take power from a mfsu directly, would I use the power converter as a transformer aswell? Maybe I should just test it. Or maybe it cant output what its inputing, only out put as a different form of power which makes everything I just said moot.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
the Bibloicraft changelog said:
* NEW ENCHANTMENT: Reading I – This is a rare enchantment that can only be created by enchanting a book. This enchantment then goes on a helmet of choice and grants the player the ability to read text just like the reading glasses, tinted glasses, or monocle.

Cool, thanks.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Can the MFR planter and harvester manage sugar cane? If not, how do you use MFR to automate sugar cane farms, if possible?

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Can the MFR planter and harvester manage sugar cane? If not, how do you use MFR to automate sugar cane farms, if possible?

If you can plant it, MFR can grow it. And, if you can't grow it, powercrystals will fix it within an update or two. In fact, Magical Crops has magic fertilizer that the mod author can't get to work manually. It works in MFR farms.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
MFR doesnt work yet with BoP trees, but yes, as said theyre working on fixing that.

Quick question. Anyone know any mods with lamps or fancy lights? Like the gregtech lights, only not as ugly. I need something for a wood house.

Also, any way to lightning proof a home? Im in a cherry blossom grove and it rains a lot. My house will catch fire. ;-;

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
MFR doesnt work yet with BoP trees, but yes, as said theyre working on fixing that.

Quick question. Anyone know any mods with lamps or fancy lights? Like the gregtech lights, only not as ugly. I need something for a wood house.

Both Redpower and xycraft add types of lamps which in my opinion are fairly decent. Minefactory reloaded I think also adds road lights, but they're kinda only good looking in amongst road blocks

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Both Redpower and xycraft add types of lamps which in my opinion are fairly decent. Minefactory reloaded I think also adds road lights, but they're kinda only good looking in amongst road blocks

Er. For 1.5.2 I shoulda specified. Id kill for xycraft right now, but Id also die. Because doesnt it add world gen? Which means current worlds would be fubared?

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I typically use the lights from the MPS power tool. I think they're called "Lux Capacitors."

They look decent and don't cost any additional resources so once you add the module to the power tool, you effectively have infinite lights that you can place anywhere.

PinkKitties

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if I should post this here or make a new thread, so I'll do both. The squeezer won't use flax seeds or corn kernels to make seed oil. I thought I was able to do it before though. Is there any way to fix this? I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm using the Mindcrack mod pack with greg tech and thaumcraft disabled.

Edit: Solved! I re-enabled greg tech and it worked.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
What are ages on ftb? How to make or gain one?

I don't understand about ages, hoping someone could explain it to me

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if I should post this here or make a new thread, so I'll do both. The squeezer won't use flax seeds or corn kernels to make seed oil. I thought I was able to do it before though. Is there any way to fix this? I don't know if this is relevant, but I'm using the Mindcrack mod pack with greg tech and thaumcraft disabled.

You're very welcome to post that here, it's better than a new thread for just a single question. If nobody actually answers your question before it's buried, feel free to post it again as lots of posts are done here.

As far as I knew, it was only ever wheat seeds that were able to create seed oil, as seed oil is a forestry thing, but flax seeds and corn kernels are redpower.

What are ages on ftb? How to make or gain one?

I don't understand about ages, hoping someone could explain it to me

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They are a product of the mod Mystcraft, I recommend starting here
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start
There is a read before you start playing section on the page, obviously, read that before you start playing with mystcraft.
it's very beneficial, but you have the potential to completely screw yourself over with it too.

Reactions: reddvilzz

PinkKitties

Jul 29, 2019
You're very welcome to post that here, it's better than a new thread for just a single question. If nobody actually answers your question before it's buried, feel free to post it again as lots of posts are done here.

As far as I knew, it was only ever wheat seeds that were able to create seed oil, as seed oil is a forestry thing, but flax seeds and corn kernels are redpower.

Thank you! I did manage to figure it out by re-enabling greg tech and I can use corn kernels and flax seeds for seed oil again.