Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Er. For 1.5.2 I shoulda specified. Id kill for xycraft right now, but Id also die. Because doesnt it add world gen? Which means current worlds would be fubared?
I think Xycraft is going to have retroactive world gen like Thaumcraft does.

I typically use the lights from the MPS power tool. I think they're called "Lux Capacitors."

They look decent and don't cost any additional resources so once you add the module to the power tool, you effectively have infinite lights that you can place anywhere.

I am in an unhealthy amount love with MPS lights right now.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
What is retroactive world gen?

Also, thanks for informing me on the glowstone illuminators. The color sucks but its gonna be decent for some of my rooms. That brings up another question for me though. Is there a mod that takes on the look of an adjecent block but is also see though from the back? Im making my house and adding a solarpanel room to the roof but I want to be able to see out the front of my house but its all wood and would look weird with random windows.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
What is retroactive world gen?

Also, thanks for informing me on the glowstone illuminators. The color sucks but its gonna be decent for some of my rooms. That brings up another question for me though. Is there a mod that takes on the look of an adjecent block but is also see though from the back? Im making my house and adding a solarpanel room to the roof but I want to be able to see out the front of my house but its all wood and would look weird with random windows.
Retroactive worldgen means that you can add a mod with worldgen to a pre-existing world, and you will be able to find stuff from that mod without having to go to new chunks or generate a new Mystcraft age. It adds its worldgen items into chunks that already exist.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Retroactive worldgen means that you can add a mod with worldgen to a pre-existing world, and you will be able to find stuff from that mod without having to go to new chunks or generate a new Mystcraft age. It adds its worldgen items into chunks that already exist.

Oooh. Didnt think that was possible. Nor do I know how itd even work. But thats cool!

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
MFR doesnt work yet with BoP trees, but yes, as said theyre working on fixing that.

Quick question. Anyone know any mods with lamps or fancy lights? Like the gregtech lights, only not as ugly. I need something for a wood house.

Also, any way to lightning proof a home? Im in a cherry blossom grove and it rains a lot. My house will catch fire. ;-;

newer versions of bibliocraft have desk lamps and lanterns

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I guess Ill ask another question. Mystcraft is updated. But Im hesitatnt to add it. It says youd need to update configs and I dunno if it changes world gen in any manner. I have a world already and Id die if I lost it.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I guess Ill ask another question. Mystcraft is updated. But Im hesitatnt to add it. It says youd need to update configs and I dunno if it changes world gen in any manner. I have a world already and Id die if I lost it.

Well, make a copy of your mods folder, as well as your save, to be safe, and run some tests. I personally don't know, but that's what I do when there's an update for anything, even the official modpacks.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Well, make a copy of your mods folder, as well as your save, to be safe, and run some tests. I personally don't know, but that's what I do when there's an update for anything, even the official modpacks.

Well its my own pack which never had mystcraft. But same principles I suppose.

DIMT

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question regarding IC2 crops. I have read that if a crop has a Growth statistic of 24 or higher it will act as a weed and spread to neighboring crops. Would this mechanic allow me to plant a single crop with 24 growth and have it spread to a large field of empty crops, or would it be blocked by weeds and consume itself?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
If the default output colour and the pipe that goes into the second Sorting Machine are the same colour, then nothing that is sorted by the first machine into a different colour can go to the second Sorting Machine.
Yes, but every sorting machine has two outputs; white and blue. Blue is the color set that goes to the router, white is the color set that takes the un-matched items and brings them to the next SM to be sorted. It looks like it should work because both SM feed into the same blue pipe to go to the next router. Now the item just loops, by going backwards through SM number 2.

EDIT: Here is the most recent version of my set up, that still doesn't work-

In this case, I used an iron chest, that's assigned to the first SM, seen left screen next to a placed iron chest. The iron chest being sorted is assigned blue.. Also, I used a cyan dye item that is not assigned to anything - so it will go down the white-painted pipe.

The iron chest will pass the first SM, with blue visibly assigned to it, then right before it gets to the blue-painted pipe, it goes down and into SM2 and gets stuck. The cyan, went the same way as the iron chest, except the cyan was spit out the back of the second SM. This time it was just an item, as in the colored frame around it was gone. it looped around and then went down the blue pipe.

I don't know why this happens. As far as I know it SHOULD work, and I don't see any way to make it work because I don't understand these machines and stuff well enough.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
How do you re-orient an industrial steam engine?

Here's my problem. I'm trying to lay down the steam engines in a row. I did this on my last world and it worked fine. I'm on a new server and I try it and I get this:

ApDl9gR.png

Using a wrench or a crescent hammer turns it to face the other engine. I can't get it to face up. What do I need to do?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
How do you re-orient an industrial steam engine?

Here's my problem. I'm trying to lay down the steam engines in a row. I did this on my last world and it worked fine. I'm on a new server and I try it and I get this:

-snip-

Using a wrench or a crescent hammer turns it to face the other engine. I can't get it to face up. What do I need to do?

You need something that can accept MJ power (for example, a Redstone Energy Cube or another engine) so that you can rotate the engine upwards.
Buildcraft and Buildcraft-related engines are dumb like that.