Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Engines will only face something that they can input energy to, so setting up a pipe/conduit above it and then turning it should work =)

E: Brain has dumbs

EL_Kurto

Jul 29, 2019
What are the things you put in electric engine to make them work faster? I forgot what they are called.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Yes, but every sorting machine has two outputs; white and blue. Blue is the color set that goes to the router, white is the color set that takes the un-matched items and brings them to the next SM to be sorted. It looks like it should work because both SM feed into the same blue pipe to go to the next router. Now the item just loops, by going backwards through SM number 2.

EDIT: Here is the most recent version of my set up, that still doesn't work-

In this case, I used an iron chest, that's assigned to the first SM, seen left screen next to a placed iron chest. The iron chest being sorted is assigned blue.. Also, I used a cyan dye item that is not assigned to anything - so it will go down the white-painted pipe.

The iron chest will pass the first SM, with blue visibly assigned to it, then right before it gets to the blue-painted pipe, it goes down and into SM2 and gets stuck. The cyan, went the same way as the iron chest, except the cyan was spit out the back of the second SM. This time it was just an item, as in the colored frame around it was gone. it looped around and then went down the blue pipe.

I don't know why this happens. As far as I know it SHOULD work, and I don't see any way to make it work because I don't understand these machines and stuff well enough.
Your second sorting machine appears to be backwards. The way it's facing now, items will come in through the unpainted tube and be output through the white-painted tube, which means that machine is effectively useless and, since its input is only 4 tubes away from the other sorting machine's output with no painted tubes in the way, everything from the first sorting machine will get sent to the second one automatically.

Just rotate it so it looks like it's facing the same direction as the first sorting machine, with the larger plus-shaped hole facing the white tube. That should fix your problem.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Are these new? I don't see them in NEI on my Direwolf20 world (still 1.4.7).

Yes, they are new in 1.5.x

I have a question regarding IC2 crops. I have read that if a crop has a Growth statistic of 24 or higher it will act as a weed and spread to neighboring crops. Would this mechanic allow me to plant a single crop with 24 growth and have it spread to a large field of empty crops, or would it be blocked by weeds and consume itself?

Unfortunately they not only "act like" weed... they do in fact spread weed. They don't spread themselves at all.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Power converters.

I assume that each side of the bridge is separate, right? So I can attach a 128 EU line to the north side and a 128 EU line to the west side and each has their own 128 EU? Trying to connect both a blast furnace and an electrolyzer and don't want them on the same line.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get the screwdriver attachment for my OmniWrench?

If my screwdriver you mean the RP2 screwdriver then the awnser is to bug Eloraam about it.. But chances for that ever happening are next to.. No.. Lower then zero. If you mean the gregtech screwdriver, then thats also not possible for as far as i know. (hey, its a wrench.. Last time i tried to screw in a screw with a wrench i wrecked both the screw and the plate the screw should go in.. Remember, gregtech machines are delicate and prone to explosions)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Power converters.

I assume that each side of the bridge is separate, right? So I can attach a 128 EU line to the north side and a 128 EU line to the west side and each has their own 128 EU? Trying to connect both a blast furnace and an electrolyzer and don't want them on the same line.
As long as you input enough power, that it can convert enough to fully produce 256EU, then yes, both will have their own 128 EU. In my current setup I have 2 HV producers and 2 steam consumers and both produce their full 512 EU each by eating ~1750 mB steam total (forgot the exact number). 2 consumers, because each consumer can only use up to 1000 mB steam per tick. both consumers are fed by the same liquid tesseract. That reminds me... I didn't check if the bottle neck is 1000 steam per consumer or 1000 steam per side of the tesseract... ah well, it works.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
....That reminds me... I didn't check if the bottle neck is 1000 steam per consumer or 1000 steam per side of the tesseract... ah well, it works.

There has been a post a while ago about tessarack limits acually. I dont know if it still holds true, but they stated there that liquid tessaracks did not have a input nor output limit on any face. The liquiducts (asuming you use them) are more often the problem.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
What are the things you put in electric engine to make them work faster? I forgot what they are called.

You take a small, medium or intricate (names dependant on Forestry mod version) circuit boards, then take a soldering iron and right click with it in your hand, don't right click the engine, just right click anywhere to bring up the soldering iron GUI. Select engine across the top and insert the relevant electron tubes for what you want to upgrade on the engine (http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=energy:tin), then insert the circuit board into the top right slot and it will add the electron tubes to the circuit board. Once you have the circuit board insert it into the electrical engine GUI, to remove that circuit board, pick up the soldering iron so it's in your cursor and put it on top of the circuit board you just put in.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best way to get started with logistic pipes? can basic sorting systems be made with logistic pipes without chassis/modules?

EDIT: KyoNeko66, thanks for answering :) Now with redpower tubes going away this will be my replacement of choice. Find AE to be a little too simple and compact, really.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best way to get started with logistic pipes? can basic sorting systems be made with logistic pipes without chassis/modules?

Its been a while since i played with logi pipes.. So things might have changed. But in a sense, yes it can be made without chassis and moduals. Simply have a input chest and pump the things out in your favorite way (redstone engine, gate, ect) and have the items go through a basic logic pipe. Then use these same basic logic pipes by the place you want the items to go and specify which items should go there. Do have a overflow chest with a pipe set to default route for unexpected items/overflow.

To expand on this to craft with it you can simply use the provider pipe (i forget the name) and the crafting logic pipe as usual. All without hte use of chassis and moduals.. altough personally i like the use of chassis and modules. But currently im more in love with AE so i dont keep up to date with logic pipes anymore.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
If my screwdriver you mean the RP2 screwdriver then the awnser is to bug Eloraam about it.. But chances for that ever happening are next to.. No.. Lower then zero. If you mean the gregtech screwdriver, then thats also not possible for as far as i know. (hey, its a wrench.. Last time i tried to screw in a screw with a wrench i wrecked both the screw and the plate the screw should go in.. Remember, gregtech machines are delicate and prone to explosions)
I saw Etho do it, so I assumed it was possible. It said "OmniWrench + Screwdriver" or something similar. I don't know what mod it is from though.