Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
from what i remember u have always needed an assembler(no not the normal ithem one) to crafting using actual fluid stored in a fluid drive i believe its simply called something like " fluid assembler" its made by crafting a normal assembler with something else (i dont remember what besides something extracells has used this ithem(s) for other things (just take encoded pattern with the bucket of material it needs(in enderium case yes do put the normal recipe for enderium blend on the pattern including the normal bucket of resonant ender ) the difference if u want to use the fluid in a fluid cell u place the the pattern in side the "Fluid assembler"

Colloquial translation: From what I remember you've always needed an assembler of some sort to craft using fluids stored via fluid drives. (can't remember the name but it's crafted with another item plus the molecular assembler) Put an encoded pattern that uses the bucket of the liquid you want to use in the recipe inside this assembler. Any recipe with liquids will be made as per usual (like the normal enderium blend recipe) but you put it in this assembler to use fluids in your ME network.
---

Thanks for the assist dude, it worked great.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Regrowth pack.
I was about to make my first rolling machine, so to get aluminium sheets, I built blacksmiths anvil and hammer from mariculture. Problem is - it doesnt work for me. At first, I placed down block of aluminium, hit with hammer, and nothing happened. No "click" sounds, it seems that the hammer is trying to mine the anvil, and not using it as a tool. I then loaded my other map, in which I already did this step, it worked there fine. Loaded back my map, tried again, it turned aluminium block into unproccessed aluminium sheet with 0% progress, with a click. But now I still cannot finish it - it wont click, it just tries to mine the anvil. What is wrong there? Why doesnt it work? Are there any quests I need to complete to do this?
i remember that the maraculture special anvil requires xp to use ,so if the player tries to use anvil manually with the hammer then the player must have xp on them for any progress to be made on the anvil for regrowth or normal maraculture recipes

Reactions: erindalc

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if i can change something that world in Regrowth would generate as normal world, not like dead dried world? I also wonder if it is possible to take quest book from Regrowth, Agrarian skies or something similar and just tray to throw that quest book in to the Infinity?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I wonder if i can change something that world in Regrowth would generate as normal world, not like dead dried world? I also wonder if it is possible to take quest book from Regrowth, Agrarian skies or something similar and just tray to throw that quest book in to the Infinity?
Short answer, no

Infinity has a different set of mods, so the quest book wouldn't work.

Regrowth is intentionally a dead and dry world as that's part of the pack. However you could modify its configs to generate a normal world, not sure why you'd want that though.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
You might just want to use either Thaumcraft for blood magic to change the biome in your game. That will give you an in game purpose. Once the biome is changed you will get normal looking grass and trees.

Thing230

Jul 29, 2019
Currently playing on Infinity evolved, and I am having a problem with formation planes. I am trying to make them spawn a wither but the issue im running into is if I the soul sand is put into the my me subnetwork after the wither skulls then the wither skulls are not placed because they have nothing to be placed on. Is there anyway to make it so that the soul sand is placed first every time? I also have it setup to that my one network will request a nether star and send three skulls and four soul sand to the other network which all works, I just cant get them to place correctly.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Currently playing on Infinity evolved, and I am having a problem with formation planes. I am trying to make them spawn a wither but the issue im running into is if I the soul sand is put into the my me subnetwork after the wither skulls then the wither skulls are not placed because they have nothing to be placed on. Is there anyway to make it so that the soul sand is placed first every time?
Use two different planes?

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
not sure why you'd want that though.

Thanks for answering. It's just the thing that i love when i play minecraft. Since i first time played modpack with quest book i can't play any other type of pack that don't have HQM, but most pack with HQM are skyblock or some kind of post apocalyptic themed or they are to much focused on progression for my taste. So if i could do that, i would be able to play huge mod pack with, tons of quests, but i guess i will need to wait :(

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Thanks for answering. It's just the thing that i love when i play minecraft. Since i first time played modpack with quest book i can't play any other type of pack that don't have HQM, but most pack with HQM are skyblock or some kind of post apocalyptic themed or they are to much focused on progression for my taste. So if i could do that, i would be able to play huge mod pack with, tons of quests, but i guess i will need to wait :(
Wanderlust reloaded might be what you're looking for.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Wanderlust reloaded might be what you're looking for.

I tried that pack, when it was new. And didn't really work for me. The creator tried to make early game as hard as possible (food, tools and some crazy recipe changes), all those stuff wasn't hard for me but they annoyed me :D
the only pack that is close is Ultimate Questpack, but the original author don't work on pack anymore, and i can't find that pack on Curse.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I tried that pack, when it was new. And didn't really work for me. The creator tried to make early game as hard as possible (food, tools and some crazy recipe changes), all those stuff wasn't hard for me but they annoyed me :D
the only pack that is close is Ultimate Questpack, but the original author don't work on pack anymore, and i can't find that pack on Curse.
Hmmm, I think blast off has quests.

Benny26

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Has a change been made to the Storage Bus+ME Interface sub networking trick? I have a few of these going on but now the Storage Bus side can no longer see items to present to it's own interfaces it seems...even though they show up just fine when looking through an terminal from that side. They all worked fine before i updated the other day.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have a plane for each different item that needs to be placed.

I've seen this done several times in "Let's Play" videos, usually the Forgecraft 2 videos, but cannot recall exactly hoe it's done. The newest I can recall seeing such a device is in Direwolf20's solo LP for V1.7.10, but that got to 120 or so half hour episodes to go through. :D

I'll see if I can pinpoint the episode(s) and link the first here.

[Edit] The part you'll want to see starts at about 16 minutes in and continues into the next episode:

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Currently playing on Infinity evolved, and I am having a problem with formation planes. I am trying to make them spawn a wither but the issue im running into is if I the soul sand is put into the my me subnetwork after the wither skulls then the wither skulls are not placed because they have nothing to be placed on. Is there anyway to make it so that the soul sand is placed first every time? I also have it setup to that my one network will request a nether star and send three skulls and four soul sand to the other network which all works, I just cant get them to place correctly.

Skulls can be placed onto walls so maybe you should try having a row of blocks for them to attach to.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Skulls can be placed onto walls so maybe you should try having a row of blocks for them to attach to.
True, but the skulls still need to be placed last in order for the Wither to spawn (unless Algorithm or Fireball did something sneaky and made the Formation planes be able to spawn the Wither even if they place soul sand last). The solution to this problem is to ensure that the skulls get placed after the soul sand.

One way to do that would be to have the Interface on your main network dump the soul sand and wither skulls into a chest, and have two separate import buses pulling those items into your subnetwork with the formation planes. Configure one to import soul sand and give it a few speed upgrades; configure the other to import skulls and give it no speed upgrades. This way, the sand-importing bus will pull the sand out of the chest faster than the other can pull the skulls.

But in any case, even if you have the Interface dup items directly into another Interface, so they all go into your subnet instantly, shouldn't the skull-placing Formation Planes just hold on to the skulls until they have somewhere to put them? Or do they just not realize that they can place the skulls if the soul sand is not placed first?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How does the special AE2 Export Bus from Extra Cells 2 mod work? It's called Ore Dictionary Export Bus, and when I right click it, the GUI is a text entry box along with a "SAVE" button.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How does the special AE2 Export Bus from Extra Cells 2 mod work? It's called Ore Dictionary Export Bus, and when I right click it, the GUI is a text entry box along with a "SAVE" button.
Try typing oreCopper into the textbox. After ensuring that you have copper in your network; preferably like five different kinds of it.

That's my guess, at least.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Try typing oreCopper into the textbox. After ensuring that you have copper in your network; preferably like five different kinds of it.

That's my guess, at least.

Yeah that works. But it also doesn't work. The Export Bus can apparently only export one oreDict, so you need a separate bus for each ore. With a normal AE2 Export Bus and 2 Capacity Cards I can squeeze 9 Ores into one Export bus. Oh well, was worth a try. I'll just have to export every variation separately, or else MFR Unify the ores as they come in. I think I prefer the former.