Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
In Infinity Evolved, is there anything that can emit a set Redstone Signal Strength? I think I almost solved my problem, but would have to run a lot of Redstone Dust to get the strength I need.
Buildcraft gates with a redstone fader installed. Just hook them up to a structure pipe with some pipe wire, and say (colour) pipe wire off > Redstone Signal X

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
In Infinity Evolved, is there anything that can emit a set Redstone Signal Strength? I think I almost solved my problem, but would have to run a lot of Redstone Dust to get the strength I need.

Also, computer craft and the PRC from MFR can do it. If you use the PRC use the subtractor function.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I had an explosion in my MFR Auto-Spawner setup, I was running Blazes when it happened. I also use Cursed Earth for the floor so additional mobs spawn, which I grind for the Essence to run the Auto-Spawner mobs.

Clearly it had to be a Creeper explosion, but how would a Blaze initiate it? I was elsewhere in my base when I heard it happen so I couldn't see anything except the results. I didn't think it was possible for a Creeper to explode in there. Ender Minis used to fight with Creepers and get them to blow up, but I've been running this setup for weeks without any incidents whatsoever. Suddenly, today, this odd event occurred and I'm wondering what happened and why. Oddly, an entire wall of my 9x9 enclosure was gone (mostly Dark Glass, some Marble), however none of the Cursed Earth was disturbed. The explosion must have happened on the floor, no? But the force of it blew up and outward.

O

Okamiz

Are you just not seeing the item you request? If that is the case you need to look in the ender chest or the pouch linked to that ender chest. If it is telling you something else share a pic of it so I can see what you are talking about.
You know where the basic pipe is in youre system. I right clicked that one with the remote controller and i could request stuff
But because the thingy is connected to the pipe on the left side of the chest, and not the middle one i cant remotly request

O

Okamiz

You know where the basic pipe is in youre system. I right clicked that one with the remote controller and i could request stuff
But because the thingy is connected to the pipe on the left side of the chest, and not the middle one i cant remotly request
I figured it out, thanks for helping ^^

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
So I made reinforced obsidian. I made a cage for a wither. The cage is a 5x5x5 cube with 3x3x3 empty inside. The first two times I made a wither it was succsesful. The last 3 though the wither glitches through the roof.

Advice

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Output block of the comparitor?
The block that the comparator outputs its signal into.

If I were implementing the sort of system you're talking about, I'd place one comparator backed up to the side of the pool, then place a cobblestone in front of it with a redstone torch on the side. This torch will only turn on then the pool is empty. Then, I'd place another comparator backed up to the cobblestone, and send a redstone signal of strength 14 or 15 into its side. That way, it'll only turn on when the pool it full.
@Worscht The pics of your AE look like they shoud work. How did you create the entangled pair?

@Okamiz The tutorials for AE1 and logistics pipe still work. The only change is you will need a power junction from logistics pipes to power it. Logistics pipes don't pull power from AE any more.
If you put a Basic Logistics Pipe (and it has to be the Basic pipe; the specialized ones won't work) adjacent to an ME Interface, I *think* the two networks will share power. But it's been a while since I've tested that, so I'm not sure.

So I made reinforced obsidian. I made a cage for a wither. The cage is a 5x5x5 cube with 3x3x3 empty inside. The first two times I made a wither it was succsesful. The last 3 though the wither glitches through the roof.

Advice
The Wither is actually four blocks tall, so if you put it in a 3x3x3 box, it will be able to glitch through the roof. It's also only 1 block wide and thick, so if you drop it into a 1x4x1 box (or spawn it in a 1x4x3), it won't be able to escape.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

Advice
There was a Reddit post a while back about minimal wither cages. Take a look around the comment section and it'll tell you all you need to know. If I can find it I'll make an edit.

Edit: also what Someone Else said

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The Wither is actually four blocks tall, so if you put it in a 3x3x3 box, it will be able to glitch through the roof. It's also only 1 block wide and thick, so if you drop it into a 1x4x1 box (or spawn it in a 1x4x3), it won't be able to escape.
thank you ,i was wondering why it kept escaping a warded glass prison i made for it , i was making it only big enough to put all the parts down (ive played with mob griefing off for too long)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This video is almost a year old now, not sure if the method still works or not. I've never tried it but I was making a Nether Star farm and came across it. Also, it requires non-flat bedrock or the ability to remove one bedrock block so I didn't even bother attempting this method because Infinity Evolved does have the flat bedrock mod installed.

Oh, right at the beginning he says "for PS4 and Xbox" so perhaps this won't even work on PC, I dunno. Worth a try tho, seems so easy.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
There's a better way, that uses the bedrock ceiling in the nether. It should work, but I can't remember how to do it.

Also, this is modded, and you should have other methods to create indestructible blocks.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Along with the other options that have been said, a much cheaper one is that if you put the Redstone: Volume One book in a Bibliocraft bookcase it'll output a set strength signal depending on what slot it's in, with 0-7 as the top row and 8-15 on the bottom row.

Reactions: Azzanine

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Along with the other options that have been said, a much cheaper one is that if you put the Redstone: Volume One book in a Bibliocraft bookcase it'll output a set strength signal depending on what slot it's in, with 0-7 as the top row and 8-15 on the bottom row.
You can even use it in conjunction with comparitors to subtract the signal in a compact and precise manner. Normally you'd do it with another comparitor and a hopper or some other container.
Makes botania setups way more compact.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's a nice build Furious. Got one just like it in my world. (Well, not quite as nice) :) The hardest part is obtaining all the Wither skele skulls but I just got a great tip about using Magical Wood for a Tinker's Cleaver. 11 modifiers, and only needed 8 for 100% Beheading VIII. That left 1 for a diamond, 1 for an emerald, and 2 for Moss to get Auto-Repair II on it (using diamond + gold block). Now I just open up my Auto-Spawner/Grinder setup and hack away. The thing never loses any durability at all. :)

A Tier 7 Energy Multiblock requires 218 Draconium Blocks... so I need 218 Nether Stars. LOL Gonna be at it a while still. But yeah, that build works perfectly indeed.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone ever hear of Immersive cables disappearing across an entire server (Infinity Evolved Expert Mode v2.2.2)? How could this happen, and why? Mine were easy to replace but some players apparently had more of a spaghetti-style layout (LOL) and are suffering mightily right now.