Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
In Infinity Evolved, what can I use to delay a redstone signal from starting right away?
if u need to delay a redstone signal for x time u might need a repeater, vannila has one but its weak thankfully infinity has project red and it adds a better repeater
do tell me if i read your request wrong ( it could be asking for a more timer related measure ,project red has that as well )

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, here's my situation. I'm trying to measure the amount in a pool and I want to turn production off when the pool if full and on when it's almost empty. I've tried comparitors and Steve's Factory Manager, can't figure out the last one.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
OK, here's my situation. I'm trying to measure the amount in a pool and I want to turn production off when the pool if full and on when it's almost empty. I've tried comparitors and Steve's Factory Manager, can't figure out the last one.
You need an RS-NOR latch. If you've got ProjectRed or some similar mod, you can use a single-block latch packaged with that mod; if not, you can go Vanilla-style and use a couple of redstone torches. There's a number of designs shown on the Minecraft wiki.

Once you've got your latch working, just hook one input to a signal that turns on when your pool is full (i.e. redstone signal strength coming out of your comparator = 15), and the other input to one that turns on when the pool is empty (i.e. put a redstone torch directly on the output block of the comparator). One of the outputs will do exactly what you're looking for, while the other will do the reverse (turn on when the pool is full and off when it's empty).

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
OK, here's my situation. I'm trying to measure the amount in a pool and I want to turn production off when the pool if full and on when it's almost empty.
ah so that is what you ment, for a botania mana feeding mechinaic control circuit i just did a pair of comparititors (one for the pool and 1 for subtracting from the pool signal) so only when the pool is not full enough (i did 15/16 full as the shutdown trigger) the feeding bit ran only when the pool was not past the threshold because the timer triggering the dropper in my case got shutdown when the the pool was "Full enough".
i never thought about adding waiting for the pool to empty again because if i did make something for that it would just take longer for the pool to refill at that point and "waste" time when the pool was below threshold (15/16 was the threshold because of a built in error margin of doing that vs 16/16 that had no such error margin and would be prone to more waste )

Last edited:

Worscht

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, does the quantum network bridge from AE2 still work in FTB Infinity 1.8.2?The multiblock is complete and powered with creative Cap. and EnergyAcceptors from both sides, the ent.Singularities are named the same and in the chambers,which are particling,one connected to a network with 1 controller and the other only connected to a terminal, wont work.
Here are screenshots
Thank you for your help.
Greetings

Attachments

• 2016-01-01_14.18.56.png
    2016-01-01_14.18.56.png
    939.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 2016-01-01_14.19.07.png
    2016-01-01_14.19.07.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
O

Okamiz

Hi, im trying to connect logistics pipes to my me system so i can have a request system (AE2) When i connect the provider pipe, request pipe and remote order pipes to my me interface i can see the items in my system but cant request them because it says i have no energy. When i connect the logistics pipe junction i can still see my items but when i request something it says i dont have that item, but i do. I have searched for tutorials but all of them are not made for ae2

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Worscht The pics of your AE look like they shoud work. How did you create the entangled pair?

@Okamiz The tutorials for AE1 and logistics pipe still work. The only change is you will need a power junction from logistics pipes to power it. Logistics pipes don't pull power from AE any more.

Last edited:
O

Okamiz

only change is you will need a power junction from logistics pipes to power it. Logistics pipes don't pull power from AE any more.
When i add the junction it says i am missing the item that i am requesting, even though i have that item in my system..

Worscht

Jul 29, 2019
@Henry Link I got them from creative mode, the entangled ones,and i named them on the anvil, do u think i should try crafting them with the condenser instead of cheating them?? Weird bug then ^^

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
When i add the junction it says i am missing the item that i am requesting, even though i have that item in my system..
See the pic below. The pipe just left of the chest is a remote order pipe. The one in the center is just a basic pipe. Then the two connected to the interface are a provider pipe mark 2 and request pipe mark 2. Below that off of the screen is power junction. They have changed a graphics a little for the newer version of logistics pipes. But I just tested it and what is below works still.
2015-06-23_23.12.41.png

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Henry Link I got them from creative mode, the entangled ones,and i named them on the anvil, do u think i should try crafting them with the condenser instead of cheating them?? Weird bug then ^^

Give yourself the quantum singularity and some ender pearl dust then use TNT to actually blow it up. The pair must be created together. Condenser isn't needed.

Worscht

Jul 29, 2019
@Henry Link
U SIR. U ARE MY HERO TODAY!
They are connected by being craft together! This is in no vid or guide or wiki :D

Thank you very very much.
How can i return you this favor?

Worscht

Jul 29, 2019
One Question left though,

If i want to add a third Network, how can i connect them? Do i just have to build another 1to1 Bridge?

O

Okamiz

See the pic below. The pipe just left of the chest is a remote order pipe. The one in the center is just a basic pipe. Then the two connected to the interface are a provider pipe mark 2 and request pipe mark 2. Below that off of the screen is power junction. They have changed a graphics a little for the newer version of logistics pipes. But I just tested it and what is below.

I copied youre system, everything works but it still says i dont have the item i am requesting. I dont know why.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
In Infinity Evolved, is there anything that can emit a set Redstone Signal Strength? I think I almost solved my problem, but would have to run a lot of Redstone Dust to get the strength I need.

XqZSVgx.png

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I copied youre system, everything works but it still says i dont have the item i am requesting. I dont know why.

Are you just not seeing the item you request? If that is the case you need to look in the ender chest or the pouch linked to that ender chest. If it is telling you something else share a pic of it so I can see what you are talking about.