Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
For chunkloading in Infinity you will need to either use railcraft or MFR. Eventually they are supposed to add chunk loading to FTB Utils. The last option to go ahead and put chicken chunks back into the pack.

Dreamer1986

Jun 13, 2014
For chunkloading in Infinity you will need to either use railcraft or MFR. Eventually they are supposed to add chunk loading to FTB Utils. The last option to go ahead and put chicken chunks back into the pack.
MFR is quite high end, a huge difference between it and chicken chunks :( . Since there is no other way, I will use that for now.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Can't find any info on the augments for Botania Sparks. Where can I find this?
They're elven knowledge, as they need alfheim materials to make. But the augments are as follows:
First, Isolated will mark a sparked pool to not interact with other Augmented Sparks. They can still be pulled from by things like the terrestrial algomation plate.
Secondly, Dispersive will move mana from the pool to items that can hold mana in nearby players inventories.
Third, Dominant will pull mana from non-Augmented spark pools to itself, keeping itself as full as possible.
Finally, Recessive will push mana out of the pool its on to non-augmented or Dispersive Augmented Sparks.

Reactions: Everlasting2

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
MFR is quite high end, a big difference between it and chicken chunks :( . Since there is no other way, I will use that for now.
Dimensional Anchor by Immibis (ImmibisCore required). It's even cheaper than the one Chicken Chunk. It's iron block and 4 pieces of gold around it.
However, it's not in Infinity though. Unless you're playing on server you can try adding it in.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Trying to feed a Hungry Node and I've already created 69,089 Crafting Tables in a Deep Storage Chest. How many do I need to get all the Primal Aspects to 500 oe enen 1000?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Trying to feed a Hungry Node and I've already created 69,089 Crafting Tables in a Deep Storage Chest. How many do I need to get all the Primal Aspects to 500 oe enen 1000?
The larger it gets, the more it needs

Very much this. The higher the aspect count it is, the less likely it is to actually improve the node. It's also very much down to chance. You could very well feed it 6k crafting tables and get 1k in each aspect. The chances of this happening are astronomically low though, and also discounts any aspects the node already has.

The chance is even two fold as well, it's a bit like feeding the item to a deconstruction table, and taking the resulting primal and attempting to add that to the node. Additionally if this is for energisation, you get diminishing returns on the CV/t out as well. To get 5 cv/t you only need 25 vis capacity in the node. To get 10 cv/t you need 100 vis capacity. (This also assumes a normal node, bright and pale nodes get a 20% bonus or penalty respectively).

The formula needed is square rooting the capacity of the node for each primal, applying the bright or pale modifier, then flooring the result. If there are compond aspects in the node, the compounds count for each of the primals in the compound (for example if a node contains Lux, the lux would count for both Ignis and Aer.) The catch is only the highest count for each primal counts. So A hypothetical 26 lux, 38 aer node would give 5 ignis cv/t and 6 aer cv/t when energised.

EDIT: There is no magic number as in 10k crafting tables to get 500 of each aspect, or any reliable formula. It's down to that double chance factor.

Reactions: jordsta95

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I copied over a world from an older version of Infinity (1.10.1) into Expert mode (latest version).

For some reason, I can't find the button to press to stop NEI from just giving me a stack of blocks when I click on them in the side bar (the area that shows all the items).
I'm not in creative mode (that makes the side bar disappear), I do have cheats enabled but I'm not in cheat mode (creative or creative+ this is modded MC and I learned a long time ago that glitches can, and do happen) and I have NEI set to recipe mode...

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Open your inventory. It's the button marked Options. Select it, turn Global to World, and change the icon with the Stone Block on it. Also, make sure you're not in Cheat Mode. Change it to Recipe or Utility.

Aside from that, Energized Nodes only hold Primal Aspects, yes? No other aspects?

KyunaKyuna

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to pick up beehouse and apiary. Using Crescent hammer or foresty wrench, trying left click, right click, shift click. They won't pick up and are destroyed if I use a pick. What is the correct way to pick up these blocks?

Please help before my stupidity becomes terminal.

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to pick up beehouse and apiary. Using Crescent hammer or foresty wrench, trying left click, right click, shift click. They won't pick up and are destroyed if I use a pick. What is the correct way to pick up these blocks?

Please help before my stupidity becomes terminal.
Axe - read waila!

Reactions: KyunaKyuna