Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
There's supposed to be a config to disable weeds... They're turned off in "Regrowth", for example. I stay with whatever is set by default, or I could tell you what and where the config is.
On a server, ik that they don't grow if you don't have empty crop sticks but I go to get some supplies to find my breeding area completely consumed by weeds in just a few minutes

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
On a server, ik that they don't grow if you don't have empty crop sticks but I go to get some supplies to find my breeding area completely consumed by weeds in just a few minutes
Ask the server admin to disable them, or you will just have to watch over them until you have a crop with 10 strength

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Moving the node will not reproduce the biome change. The biome change is only triggered by the growth of a silverwood that has a pure node in it.
If you move the node it will change the new location to magic forest.... doing this right now with teleposers from blood magic

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you move the node it will change the new location to magic forest.... doing this right now with teleposers from blood magic
To clairfy - it's a pure node in a silverwood log that changes the biome. A pure node outside of a log will not. Jarring the node destroys any encasing block, thus will prevent the biome change.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
To clairfy - it's a pure node in a silverwood log that changes the biome. A pure node outside of a log will not. Jarring the node destroys any encasing block, thus will prevent the biome change.
Yes but if you use teleposers from blood magic they will move the log with the node in it. Thus changing the new location to magic forest i have already changed several chunks of my base into magic forest this way

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out moving those nodes without the luxuries of teleposers or similar block teleportation will lose the log, and hence biome-conversion properties.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Naming formatted AE2 storage disks... There got to be something easier than Anvil+XP or Inscriber+Name press?

Speaking of the Name press, there's no way of reusing them?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Naming formatted AE2 storage disks... There got to be something easier than Anvil+XP or Inscriber+Name press?

Speaking of the Name press, there's no way of reusing them?
have u tried renaming the drive in a toolforge? (from tinkers construct )

Reactions: rhn

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
FTB monster (yeah i am behind but GT isnt updated yet...) with GT and rotarycraft added. What glass is ghast resistant? I want pretty windows in my base, but after having replaced one window too many ... do I have to just use thaumcraft warding or is there some glass that can take a ghast and still look pretty? (ie not reinforced glass)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Rotarycraft has Blast Glass. Hardened, Reinforced or (I think) Fused Quartz from Thermal Expension, IC2 and EnderIO respecitvetly. Warded Glass is the only one of these that can stand up to a wither. If you are able to ward transparent blocks (I'm not sure what version Monster has, and whether it has the warding focus able to ward glass or similar.) then any glass is fine once warded.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Going to ask again, just because I'm still looking...

Is there any alternative to Binnie's Mod for having extra bees which produce material combs (iron, gold, diamond, etc.)?