Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I personally dislike EnderIO cables (they too convenient for my liking), and I oughtright distrust the ME conduit. (My partner loved them, but it were I who had to try and fix the problems when they started to mess up. This was when they were a lot more buggy. I also dislike how you can't place the me terminals or buses on them.)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
But those disappearing facades are from Ender IO and only work with Ender IO conduits, right? There is no AE2 version?
AE2 facades actually become transparent as well if you're holding the network monitor tool. I think it also counts as a wrench, so it might hide EIO facades as well.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ele360

Jul 29, 2019
How expensive is it to go straight into ae right after basic ore reprocessing. One of the things that always holds me back is that I never prepare my storage infrastructure enough in advance to have something convenient later down the road, I'd like to setup something early that I can easily expand through every stage of my expansion. Using dw20 7

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
How expensive is it to go straight into ae right after basic ore reprocessing. One of the things that always holds me back is that I never prepare my storage infrastructure enough in advance to have something convenient later down the road, I'd like to setup something early that I can easily expand through every stage of my expansion. Using dw20 7

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Can't give you exact cost, as it depends on what you would call an acceptiple system and I do not know materail cost off my head.
But you will need a almost constant source of power, or the ability to store up power and then activate it when you need access to your stuff (the second option is easiest, a coal generator with a energy cell of some kind would work fine, just turn it on to access you junk and turn it off when not using it).
Then you will need a decent amount of infrastructure to make all the components, which will cost power, resources, and time.
Then you make the machines and components into your network (I like starting with a power accepter, a few 4k drives and a crafting terminal, but you can do more or less than that). If you want to start automation anything remotely complex or large you are opening a box of hurt on the resources and time angle, and that is assuming you know how to build in ae2 well already
All that said, I would not do it this early in the game, but I also do not like rushing stuff myself. I'm sure you can do it, just expect more mining trips and energy pains than you normally get (although will not have as much a problem with storage and converting old systems later due to starting your end-game storage early). Also, it should work fine with your plan to expand your systems as you go, just plan ahead of course.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
You might be thinking of EnderIO machines, which can accept items and export products on the same face. You can just set the face of an EnderIO machines to the same face as your ME Interface, and it'll work fine.

TE machines, as far as I know, do not accept items pumped in from an output face, so you would need to connect an import bus, another interface, or some itemducts or something connecting to an interface to get the products back into
You might be thinking of EnderIO machines, which can accept items and export products on the same face. You can just set the face of an EnderIO machines to the same face as your ME Interface, and it'll work fine.

TE machines, as far as I know, do not accept items pumped in from an output face, so you would need to connect an import bus, another interface, or some itemducts or something connecting to an interface to get the products back into your network. So yes, you would need to connect three things to them (unless you use fluctuating itemducts or XU to remove the items and provide power).

I just use 2 interfaces, works the same.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
With TE machines and AR I've found it a little more efficient to Place a TE machine then either an interface or chest (with an input bus) than another TE machine. Configure both of the TE machines to output to the interface or chest between them. This saves a channel. You will still need another interface for each of the TE machines for the input side.

nyancomet

Jul 29, 2019
i have a pulverizer and i want the flint in it to go to my purifier factory im using item ducts from thermal dynamics but nothings coming out of my pulverizer how do i fix this?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Make sure the outputting duct is attached to an orange or red face, you can set this up with the configuration tab if the machine has the reconfigurable sides augment.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Do you happen to know what that block is called? Trying to make an efficient lava eating flower garden for Botania.
If you dont want to go down TC you can do blood magic also and you can get it pretty quick. Use the Serenade of the Nether with 8 floating thermalillys and you can set up as many of these as you want as long as you have the LP production to handle it. This is what i use and it works great.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
For some strange reason, I'm unable to research the Greatwood Wand Core and Gold Caps. I'm playing Infinity.

Anyone know why this is?