Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Will post screens hots when I'm home. But I have all the proper aspects, yet the research doesn't complete.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Will post screens hots when I'm home. But I have all the proper aspects, yet the research doesn't complete.
They're direct purchase research? If that's the case I'd suggest relogging to fix the problem, and possibly report it.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Couple of quick questions about BC and pumps. I haven't used them for a while.

From memory, they require power, but you could power them with the basic level engine (the ones that run off redstone), is that still the case? I believe that they output directly to pipes without need any sort of pump to do that.

Lastly, do they properly chunk load now? Or do you still need to use a chunk loader/world anchor to stop them consuming all of the water in a 2x2 pond as it doesn't regenerate.

I'd prefer to know about this rather than suddenly finding my boiler dry.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Couple of quick questions about BC and pumps. I haven't used them for a while.

From memory, they require power, but you could power them with the basic level engine (the ones that run off redstone), is that still the case? I believe that they output directly to pipes without need any sort of pump to do that.

Lastly, do they properly chunk load now? Or do you still need to use a chunk loader/world anchor to stop them consuming all of the water in a 2x2 pond as it doesn't regenerate.

I'd prefer to know about this rather than suddenly finding my boiler dry.
Last I checked, you can indeed power a BC pump using four redstone engines, and they do automatically output liquids into fluid pipes without the need of a wooden pipe and another engine. One such powered pump may or may not produce enough water to supply a steam boiler; I haven't tested that recently (but one line of gold pipes is definitely more than enough, and you can set up multiple pumps in any case).

Also, the pumps were changed recently to not actually consume water source blocks if they would just refill immediately because Minecraft infinite water mechanics. So your 2x2 pool of water should be fine no matter how much power you shove into the pump, as long as all four blocks in the pool are chunkloaded.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I solved it, two of the aspects looked connected but weren't. Happened twice when I tried another formula. Had to Google another way of making it to actually get it to work.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to use shaders with Infinity. On my Mystcraft world (void world, always day, always bright, endless sky, moon on the void) when I pop a shader every single block and entity is rendered black. You see sort of like shades of the objects.

I'm running forge 1448. Overworld, Nether, Last Millenium are ok.

Is there a workaround of sorts?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm trying to use shaders with Infinity. On my Mystcraft world (void world, always day, always bright, endless sky, moon on the void) when I pop a shader every single block and entity is rendered black. You see sort of like shades of the objects.

I'm running forge 1448. Overworld, Nether, Last Millenium are ok.

Is there a workaround of sorts?

Are you running Optifine? Might be one of the rendering settings.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there more than one way to move Nodes? I'm going to research Node in a Jar, but I want alternatives.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is there more than one way to move Nodes? I'm going to research Node in a Jar, but I want alternatives.
You also have a Automagy jaring method, using warded glass and 9 warded silverwood logs. I feel this is a more balanced way to get non-damaging node transport than the out-of-thaumcraft moving methods.