Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Leginaru

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to turn off Spawn protection (at least, this is what I think is preventing me from destroying blocks) in Infinity Evolved?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to turn off Spawn protection (at least, this is what I think is preventing me from destroying blocks) in Infinity Evolved?
If you're on a privately run server (the only way spawn protection would be affecting you), then you need to either /op yourself or go into server.properties and set the spawn protection radius to zero.

Reactions: Leginaru

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
yep, the warp event you looking for is "There must be some way to stop these headaches..." if you've unlocked the eldrich tab you've more than likely already got this event.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Not until you unlock that tab. You can make a guess by the severity of the warp events you are getting, if you only getting strange whispers giving you research points, you likely are very low warp. Of course there's nothing stopping you using the Sanity Checker if someone else makes it for you for instance. At higher warp nastier effects occur.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I spawned one in just to see what level I was at and I'm extremely low. Any tips on increasing the warp level?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I may be wrong, but I believe that I saw a video a while ago, where a certain tool was used on MFR machines that would show the area the machines were affecting. Is this a thing, and if so, what is it called?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Erm actually I had thought that after being jarred, such nodes became standard nodes while retaining their "pure state"

edit: this applies to @Type1Ninja 's post about getting it out of the wood

As far as I know jarring doesn't work on nodes in logs. I've tried, and watched others, build the "jar" around them but when you right click, nothing happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know jarring doesn't work on nodes in logs. I've tried, and watched others, build the "jar" around them but when you right click, nothing happens

And was the wand charged? I recall doing this and failing and going "wtf?". Turns out my wand didn't have enough vis. The Thaumonmonmonmicon has the information, I think.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Does burning a Silverwood tree containing a node release the node from the wood surrounding it, or does that node get destroyed when the fire block burns the wood block containing the node? If that works, then that's your answer, otherwise I don't think it's possible to capture a Silverwood node, and the usual means of getting one involve getting a sapling to drop from a Silverwood leaf block.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumonmonmonmicon
Has anyone ever pronounced this word NOT in that fashion? :p
Does burning a Silverwood tree containing a node release the node from the wood surrounding it, or does that node get destroyed when the fire block burns the wood block containing the node? If that works, then that's your answer, otherwise I don't think it's possible to capture a Silverwood node, and the usual means of getting one involve getting a sapling to drop from a Silverwood leaf block.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
The node is destroyed when the block is destroyed, but I think you can still capture them, just like you can capture sinister nodes in totems (or whatever they're called).

Reactions: Everlasting2