Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of another way to get functionality to mine a block more than once like Harder Ores or WTFOres? Tried both of them to see if they'd work, HO felt right... but only had around 8ish ores and no way to config in more. WTFOres on the other hand, had an excellent if poorly formatted config for adding ores... but the 3-stage ores still felt like something you could easily mine even a huge vein in a day. I think that finding a mod to make a mined block replace itself with another block is the most effective way to go, but google is playing dumb. You guys seen anything like that?
EDIT: Clarity

Last edited:

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
I need to mine ONE ore more than once, not mine MULTIPLE ORES at once. I've edited the previous post to be (hopefully) clearer.

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, you create a new ore (of a slightly lower ore content in whatever way you are setting that, metadata/different block/NBT/etc.) when the previous block is mined. Oregen is easy, we have COFHCore/COG for that... but I don't know of a mod that allows you to set a block to be replaced when mined.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Basically, you create a new ore (of a slightly lower ore content in whatever way you are setting that, metadata/different block/NBT/etc.) when the previous block is mined. Oregen is easy, we have COFHCore/COG for that... but I don't know of a mod that allows you to set a block to be replaced when mined.
Like progressive block breaking?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
Harder Ores and WTFOres both do this, but I haven't heard of a standalone mod to do so. I was hoping someone on this forum might know of one. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case someone shows up with a solution.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
What, pray tell, does "Expert" mode do in FTB Infinity?
The FTB news thread has better info but, basically, it makes the game harder by forcing you to use recipes on a 9x9 crafting table, rather than a 3x3. It can be toggled on/off in game without need of a restart or anything.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What, pray tell, does "Expert" mode do in FTB Infinity?

The FTB news thread has better info but, basically, it makes the game harder by forcing you to use recipes on a 9x9 crafting table, rather than a 3x3. It can be toggled on/off in game without need of a restart or anything.
Not quite right. It makes things "harder" in terms of making the tech mods play together and the magic mods to play together. It also slows down the starting experience slightly. Some recipes do use the 9x9 crafting table yes, but that's mostly late game stuff (like most of AE2, and creative energy cells/tanks.)

The more popular tech mods (most notably TE and EnderIO) are gated behind other techy mods such as Buildcraft, Forestry, Railcraft and Industrialcraft.

On the magic side of things, you can't really progress in one of them, without needing the other mods. For instance, Arcane stone from Thaumcraft needs Living rock. Arcane stone is used to make slates for Blood Magic. Botania runes also need Blood magic slates, and often shards from thaumcraft too. You get the picture I think here.

EDIT: Also storage can be a bit of a hassle before you get infrastructure up, as AE is pushed late-game, and Iron chests mod's chests need plates instead of ingots to make.

Reactions: Ashendale

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Only certain high level recipes require 9x9 crafting. Everything is gated inter-mod however, especially magic.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing some testings and what not on Mariculture's fish breeding (Regrowth pack).

At first I thought that you needed a special shape on aquariums for them to actualy work. I say this because my first attempts at the mod consited of me deploying a fish on the ocean and it informed me that I didn't have enough water... In the bloody ocean... Then I found this guide and I built the aquariums, all was fine and well. Until I tried using some fish on what was supposed to be the highest tier aquarium and, again, not enough water. So I tried increasing the height rather than the width of the aquarium and it worked. So I thought back at my first attempt on having the aquarium in the ocean and came to the conclusion that it measures a cylinder around the Fish Feeder.

You all might be wondering what may be my questions. Here they are: is the shape of the aquarium relevant? Can it be made by any block? Do the blocks around the structure of the aquarium influence in anything?

I did already test this on a creative world. I'm just wondering if it's a glitch or a feature. The ingame guide is confusing and the wiki is inaccessible...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite right. It makes things "harder" in terms of making the tech mods play together and the magic mods to play together. It also slows down the starting experience slightly. Some recipes do use the 9x9 crafting table yes, but that's mostly late game stuff (like most of AE2, and creative energy cells/tanks.)

The more popular tech mods (most notably TE and EnderIO) are gated behind other techy mods such as Buildcraft, Forestry, Railcraft and Industrialcraft.

On the magic side of things, you can't really progress in one of them, without needing the other mods. For instance, Arcane stone from Thaumcraft needs Living rock. Arcane stone is used to make slates for Blood Magic. Botania runes also need Blood magic slates, and often shards from thaumcraft too. You get the picture I think here.

EDIT: Also storage can be a bit of a hassle before you get infrastructure up, as AE is pushed late-game, and Iron chests mod's chests need plates instead of ingots to make.
Only certain high level recipes require 9x9 crafting. Everything is gated inter-mod however, especially magic.

Thanks for clearing that up. So you're saying it is basically like a HQM pack, but without the quest book? That makes it seem like more fun than I thought at first. I looked at the descriptions and thought it would just make things slower. Guess I should polish my reading skills...

Reactions: Type1Ninja

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Thanks for clearing that up. So you're saying it is basically like a HQM pack, but without the quest book? That makes it seem like more fun than I thought at first. I looked at the descriptions and thought it would just make things slower. Guess I should polish my reading skills...
It takes a long time to get even a smeltery, but its fun.

KiwiUSA

Jul 29, 2019
How are ppl storing dimlets from RFTools? I have the modular storage system fully upgraded to 300/300, but there are over 300 dimlet types.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
How are ppl storing dimlets from RFTools? I have the modular storage system fully upgraded to 300/300, but there are over 300 dimlet types.
If you're talking about after they are analyzed then, yes, the filing cabinet is best. But if you still have them in their "unkown" form, a barrel works.