Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
What do I need in order to remove Thaumcraft Warp Effects?
You can never truly "remove" them without cheats. But you can dampen and nullify their effect with certain constructs from Thaumcraft (which I forget exactly) and/or using sanitizing soap/SPA from Thaumcraft.

As I said, you cannot remove the warp. It becomes dormant. So the next time you research or craft something warpy (Primal Focus, for example), or get hit by an Eldritch Guardian's range attack (again, for example), your dormant warp becomes awake once more and you start getting all that weird voodoo again. There are other ways to get warp awoken once again. I think there are more than what I'm going to say, but not sure. Another way I know you get warpy again is, after having a Flux disease caused by warp (fluxorhea, I think it's called), you contaminate an animal (yes, this can happen) and the next time you get near the little bugger, you get contaminated, as well.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
certain constructs from Thaumcraft
what constructs the bath salts are their own thing u don't need a construct to use them just water . the construct u might be thinking of is from forbidden magic using a blood magic ritual "plea of delayed insanity "i think its called

i think we need clarification if the effects furious is asking about or its the warp itself , the talisman i mentioned only removes the effects once they hit and it does not effect your warp state

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm trying to use shaders with Infinity. On my Mystcraft world (void world, always day, always bright, endless sky, moon on the void) when I pop a shader every single block and entity is rendered black. You see sort of like shades of the objects.

I'm running forge 1448. Overworld, Nether, Last Millenium are ok.

Is there a workaround of sorts?
By "always bright", do you mean eternal day (i.e. [Zenith][Zero Length][Normal Sun]), or that you're using the page that makes everything appear bright even when it's actually light level zero?

If the latter, that's probably your problem. What happens if you place a torch somewhere?

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
what constructs the bath salts are their own thing u don't need a construct to use them just water . the construct u might be thinking of is from forbidden magic using a blood magic ritual "plea of delayed insanity "i think its called

i think we need clarification if the effects furious is asking about or its the warp itself , the talisman i mentioned only removes the effects once they hit and it does not effect your warp state

I actually also wanted to know if there was something that would prevent me from getting warp effects. Somethings remove them (f they can be), but stopping them entirely from effecting me...now that's what I wanted to know. Is that at all possible?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I actually also wanted to know if there was something that would prevent me from getting warp effects. Somethings remove them (f they can be), but stopping them entirely from effecting me...now that's what I wanted to know. Is that at all possible?
the talismen i mentioned will cleanse the effects (minus summon elderich guardians) but each time it does this it will cost it durability it must be worn in the baubles necklace slot to work, anything that gives u the warp ward potion effect will stop u from getting any warp effects for as long as the potion effect lasts thaumcraft has an ithem for that , botania has a potion for that and an incense stick for that , forbidden magic adds a ritual to blood magic for that ,all of these are tempoary solutions (thaumcraft item the bath salts are expended when u get the effect, the botania potion runs out of uses, the ritual has limited range that u dont wanna exceed if its still active and not suppressed by redstone(lever on the master stone counts )

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The vanilla Thaumcraft way is the Purifying Bath Salts: Craft some, toss one in a pool of water, and jump in. Doing so will consume the bath salts item as well as the Purifying Fluid it creates; however, it will give you a Warp Ward status effect that prevents warp events entirely. When I tested it, it lasted for about 20 minutes; however, the more warp you have, the less time it will last. You can remove warp by using the Sanitizing Soap: Each bar will remove all of your temporary warp and potentially a little bit of sticky warp as well. If you're under the Warp Ward buff when you finish off the bar, it'll have a much higher chance of removing some sticky warp. And then, next time you use the bath salts, your warp ward buff will last longer.

Also note that, as other people have mentioned, the duration between warp events will gradually increase as long as you don't continue to gain warp. So, at some point, you won't even need to use bath salts anymore.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Horizons does have the Warp Tumor down in the self-improvement tree past learning how to infuse living beings.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Since the changes to warp making it decay if you leave warpy stuff alone, I find it's not usually a huge issue. However there are ways to combat it.

The Warp Ward, from taking a bath in purifying fluid or the botaina brew, prevents warp events from happening while it lasts. No you can't put the brew on a pendant, I've tried :p, but you can put it on an incense stick.

You can also remove your sticky and temporary warp by using the soap (I forget it's full name). The effectiveness of this is improved if you have warp ward and/or you are in purifying fluid.

Witching Gadgets has a sauna stove that also prevents warp effects from happening, but I find, while it's cheaper than the Arcane Spa to run, it's also alot more picky about it's area, and only works where it makes steam.

You can also use commands to set your warp levels, but I'm afraid I don't remeber these off top of my head.

If all else fails, there's always wuss mode.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
By "always bright", do you mean eternal day (i.e. [Zenith][Zero Length][Normal Sun]), or that you're using the page that makes everything appear bright even when it's actually light level zero?

If the latter, that's probably your problem. What happens if you place a torch somewhere?
I am using the Zenith/Zero Length/Normal Sun combined with the Bright Lightning. When I place a torch, nothing changes. That is, visualy (with or without shaders). Using F7 overlay, I can see that the ligth level of the surrouding blocks is increased, preventing monster spawns.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Different question: how do I tweak the new FTBUtilities mod regarding backups? I noticed that on the newest update, AromaCore was removed, but on the modpack folder, in the configs, there is still the Aroma 1997 folder. Is it configured here?