Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I would advise you to put it in "General FTB chat," as it's generally MC related. You can always add a post saying "Moderators, if this is in the wrong section, please move it." Alternatively, you could ping a mod like @Padfoote and they could help out. :)

Report, don't ping. That way it's going to be seen by someone, whereas there's a chance it won't because the alert system sometimes breaks.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any quick and easy way to decrease Mo' creatures spawn rate? I installed it and the world is literally crowded with animals.

NTF8up5.png

Psyqic

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i want to play FTB again, and i always loved the bees and breeding them! Which modpack would you recommend for me to play with the bees and also have quite a bit of technology involved with it as well? Thanks! :)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
is there anything in FTB Infinity that changes the way Nether Fortress are stored? because I can find NBT files for all generated structures in my save folder except for Nether Fortresses.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there a way to rotate a Buildcraft Floodgate to fill upwards? Want to fill a pool from the bottom.

Also, I remember when I played Monster back in the day, that machines exploded when provided too much power. I'm on Infinity and there's no explosion when I hook up a 32EU machine to a higher EU cable.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to just use an AE2 ME Interface to craft things with, for example, a Thermal Dynamics furnace by itself, or do I also need an Import Bus?

I seem to remember in AE1 you could do with just the Interface, but I'm not sure of that, or if that changed when AE2 came out.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
All ae cares about with the crafting is that the things it expects ends up in the system. This was the case in both AE1 and AE2. You can use methods such as itemducts to duct items into an interface instead of using import buses for example.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
All ae cares about with the crafting is that the things it expects ends up in the system. This was the case in both AE1 and AE2. You can use methods such as itemducts to duct items into an interface instead of using import buses for example.
So I can't just have 2 connection (power and interface)? I need a 3rd connection to take in the stuff?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible to just use an AE2 ME Interface to craft things with, for example, a Thermal Dynamics furnace by itself, or do I also need an Import Bus?

I seem to remember in AE1 you could do with just the Interface, but I'm not sure of that, or if that changed when AE2 came out.
You might be thinking of EnderIO machines, which can accept items and export products on the same face. You can just set the face of an EnderIO machines to the same face as your ME Interface, and it'll work fine.

TE machines, as far as I know, do not accept items pumped in from an output face, so you would need to connect an import bus, another interface, or some itemducts or something connecting to an interface to get the products back into your network. So yes, you would need to connect three things to them (unless you use fluctuating itemducts or XU to remove the items and provide power).

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.

Another question then: I saw some (a lot) of videos of people using AE2 and their floors were made of some block I never figured out what it was.

By using/holding a certain item, the floors became semi-transparent. Also, I think (again, I may be confused) the floors either offered an AE2 sort of connection and/or powered the machines.

Can someone figure what it is?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
As to that question AE2's facaes also become transparent when you hold a network tool. Ender IO does not hold the exlusivity there.