Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Would a fully enchanted Quantum Suit/Chestplate Combo protect against a Hungry Node? Can't the Node be surrounded by Obsidian until you're ready to defeat it?
i thought quantum was unenchantable and yes hungry nodes can be contained by obsidian all around it , a common use for hungry nodes is to make giant nodes for massive centivis not just defeating it (kinda defeats the point of the cage if u going to break it )

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Would a fully enchanted Quantum Suit/Chestplate Combo protect against a Hungry Node? Can't the Node be surrounded by Obsidian until you're ready to defeat it?

If the node is applying void damage to the player, than I can tell you for sure it does not. One of the few things quantum armor (or any mod's armor for that matter) does not reduce is void damage, and if a mod author is trying to "defeat" any type of armor they generally use void damage.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
If the node is applying void damage to the player, than I can tell you for sure it does not. One of the few things quantum armor (or any mod's armor for that matter) does not reduce is void damage, and if a mod author is trying to "defeat" any type of armor they generally use void damage.

Ah, but what if you have Heart Canisters. You'll have more time to vacate the area of the node, yes? Oh and the Enchantment: Last Stand 2 would help also as it takes damage from XP if you're about to die.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but what if you have Heart Canisters. You'll have more time to vacate the area of the node, yes? Oh and the Enchantment: Last Stand 2 would help also as it takes damage from XP if you're about to die.

Yes, that should extend the time you have (regen potions or similar items could also help). Although unless there is some major regen cheat I do not know of, you are only prolonging the unavoidible if you do not have a for-sure method of escaping the node's pull.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Added the Power Fist from Modular Powersuits and this is what I have: Ultimate Solar Helmet, GraviChestPlate, Quantumsuit Leggings and Quantumsuit Boots. Have them enchanted and the Power Fist has an Elite Battery and a Blink Drive on it. Standing on top of the hungry Node and it's bouncing me around and doing damage, but the Heart Canisters and everything I have on make practically immune to it.

Oh, and I found a way to spawn that node in a jar.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this:

• No buy selling or unsolicited advertising of items or services on the forums.
And wanted to be sure.
Well, as long as you put it in the right section, you'll be fine. While you'd be advertising it, it wouldn't be "unsolicited," provided you think it's worth letting us read. :)

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I don't have any of those. Will look into them, but I seem to not be able to get a grasp of the way the cables work.

I don't think that's right as the machines I have attached to the cables are not getting items.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If you're having trouble grokking channels in AE2, there's a really good video explaining them that I link to all the time right here, on the AE2 wiki.

Channels are indeed a bit confusing at first. One way to think about it is in each line of regular cables, there are really only eight individual wires that can be used to transport data. Each machine has a single port where one of these wires can be plugged in, as well as seven more spaces for wires to just pass straight through the machine and out the other side. Since each normal-size cable bundle only has eight wires, you can only connect eight machines to the controller through it, because you can't plug multiple machines into any individual wire because that would cause interference and break things.

With this visualization, it might help to think of each machine not as a solid block with ports on each face, but rather as more of an open box with a single port to connect it to a controller and enough space inside to run several more wires through. There's no way to even connect multiple machines to the same wire in this way, since you can't have a wire with more than two ends, and one of those ends has to plug into an ME Controller.

Reactions: Furious1964

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm noticing something called a Plasma Launcher in Infinity. Is this something that will be available sometime? Looks too OP.