Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
How do you adjust the Big Reactors Fuel Control Rods in increments smaller than 10%? I know CC can do it, but is there no way to do it manually? Tried the usual rightclick, shift, ctrl, alt etc. with no luck.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is upgrading a blood altar meant to give some sort of visual indicator that it worked?

I put down all the runes I needed around my tier 1 altar and it looks just the same.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is upgrading a blood altar meant to give some sort of visual indicator that it worked?

I put down all the runes I needed around my tier 1 altar and it looks just the same.

As I recall from watching Direwolf's videos there is no outward difference between altar tiers other than the number of runes unless you right click the altar with the divination sigil. That will tell you the current stored Life Points, the altar's tier and the current maximum Life Points.

Austres

Jul 29, 2019
So, every time i launch any type of mod pack the console loads everything really fast, i then see 2 colors imprinting on top of the words as it scrolls down. It turns yellow and then back to white then it turns red and this all lasts about 2seconds until the whole FTB program shuts down. Is there any solution to this?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
As I recall from watching Direwolf's videos there is no outward difference between altar tiers other than the number of runes unless you right click the altar with the divination sigil. That will tell you the current stored Life Points, the altar's tier and the current maximum Life Points.

Good stuff, cheers.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So, every time i launch any type of mod pack the console loads everything really fast, i then see 2 colors imprinting on top of the words as it scrolls down. It turns yellow and then back to white then it turns red and this all lasts about 2seconds until the whole FTB program shuts down. Is there any solution to this?
Wow yellow, then red? Sure I think everyone knows what is the problem then :p

You will need to post crashlogs for anyone to hazard a guess at what is going on. But this is not really the place for it. Either open a separate thread or go to the support site:
http://support.feed-the-beast.com/

Reactions: YX33A

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

You will need to post crashlogs for anyone to hazard a guess at what is going on. But this is not really the place for it. Either open a separate thread or go to the support site:

These are starting to become a new version of a really old joke:

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

Doctor: "Then don't do that!!!"

Reactions: YX33A

Austres

Jul 29, 2019

i would the problem is it doesn't give me any crash logs to post everything shuts down like it never happened and doesnt let me know why, it doesn't ask to send a report, just... shuts down.

Wildlily

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted all my ftb stuff because I wanted to see if the mods were corrupted. I reloaded it and Direwolf20 ran better, but now Agrarian Skies doesn't pop up with maps at all. I wanted to start over anyway, so I deleted the maps along with the mod before reloading ftb. Even when I install the map from the FTB launcher it doesn't pop up in game. I checked the Agrarian skies folder and the map is in there. How to I make it show up in game... Help.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted all my ftb stuff because I wanted to see if the mods were corrupted. I reloaded it and Direwolf20 ran better, but now Agrarian Skies doesn't pop up with maps at all. I wanted to start over anyway, so I deleted the maps along with the mod before reloading ftb. Even when I install the map from the FTB launcher it doesn't pop up in game. I checked the Agrarian skies folder and the map is in there. How to I make it show up in game... Help.
Iirc there's still a problem with AgS map download. You could go get a working copy from the backup place http://minecraft.curseforge.com/worlds/77137-agrarian-skies-home-sweet-home-b/files

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My MFR harvester on my magical crops farm is outputting to an ME interface, nothing specified in the export configs or anything like that. This works, but occasionally the harvester won't collect seeds after breaking the plant. As in it just leaves the seed sitting there on top of the farmland until it despawns.

I lost about half my collection of essence seeds before I noticed this :(

My previous setup with enderIO item conduits outputting into a tesseract didn't do this. Any idea what the problem could be and how I can combat it?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My MFR harvester on my magical crops farm is outputting to an ME interface, nothing specified in the export configs or anything like that. This works, but occasionally the harvester won't collect seeds after breaking the plant. As in it just leaves the seed sitting there on top of the farmland until it despawns.

My previous setup with enderIO item conduits outputting into a tesseract didn't do this. Any idea what the problem could be and how I can combat it?
Could set up some kind of "magnetic" device(like that TC one) to gather up all the leftover items and then hungry chest/obsidian pipe/hopper them up.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019

I always put a chest behind harvesters, just in case whatever pipe network I use to transport is borked.
Harvester -> Chest -> Itemduct with redstone signal.
Chest works best behind, covering that hole in the back.

To actually answer your question, is the entire setup, including the rest of the AE system chunk-loaded, etc?

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thing is, the transport network isn't borked. For the most part the cycle:

Harvester -> ME interface -> enderIO ME conduit -> Network -> enderIO ME conduit -> precision export bus -> planter

for the seeds works fine. It's basically harvesting and transporting fine except maybe one plant in 50 it leaves the seed behind.

I've tried going back to just using enderIO conduits and a tesseract, same result now for some reason. I tried the chest thing, same result.

As for chunk loading, yep. My loader is set to 4x4 chunks, way bigger than my entire base. I have no idea why it's started doing this all of a sudden. I think I may have to resort to vacuum hoppers, but i'd rather not if there's a simpler way.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thing is, the transport network isn't borked. For the most part the cycle:

Harvester -> ME interface -> enderIO ME conduit -> Network -> enderIO ME conduit -> precision export bus -> planter

for the seeds works fine. It's basically harvesting and transporting fine except maybe one plant in 50 it leaves the seed behind.

I've tried going back to just using enderIO conduits and a tesseract, same result now for some reason. I tried the chest thing, same result.

As for chunk loading, yep. My loader is set to 4x4 chunks, way bigger than my entire base. I have no idea why it's started doing this all of a sudden. I think I may have to resort to vacuum hoppers, but i'd rather not if there's a simpler way.
Golems have a larger range than vacuum hoppers, I'm pretty sure. Just slap one on an ME Interface and give it a Gather core, and you should be OK.

Alternatively, you could use the Fans from OpenBlocks to push the items into the collection range of a vacuum hopper.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is is that I don't think they're living entities (in code). I think they're nonliving entities, and I think Van de Graaff generators may have something to say about it.
I'm guessing you have a fusion reactor going then? If so, stop the flow of plasma into the reactor(lever under the injectors should do it) then kill all those entities. Those entities could be plasma. If the discharges go away after doing this, then you should double check your tokamak to make sure it's built right, then make sure it's chunkloaded properly.