Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me how, i dont really understand these rows
B:gemMimichite_false=false
B:eek:reMimichite_false=false

or

B:CraftingUnification=false
B:InventoryUnification=false

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, in the TPPI pack there is an in-game IRC chat of sorts.

I've got 2 questions regarding this, first how do I talk to the IRC.
Second, how do I disable this in-game once clicking the don't show this message again button on initial installation.
To talk in IRC, open up the chat box and press TAB until you see #PlayTPPI appear at the top of the screen(top left I believe). To leave it, do /irc part #PlayTPPI. To rejoin, do /irc join #PlayTPPI.[DOUBLEPOST=1403614131][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please tell me how, i dont really understand these rows
B:eek:reMimichite_false=false

or

Just turn the unification off. These lines:

Reactions: KKeys

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
I've been putting this off for a while, but now it's starting to become a major problem.
So a lot of times my world occasionally has a strange type of lag spike. It's not where the framerate goes down, it's where all entities and tile-entities stop working. So basically, I can't throw items, mobs freeze in place, and GUIs cannot be opened. Anyone have had any sort of similar problem? If or if not, does anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone 96Z using some top secret Dalekslayer Inc. technology.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've been putting this off for a while, but now it's starting to become a major problem.
So a lot of times my world occasionally has a strange type of lag spike. It's not where the framerate goes down, it's where all entities and tile-entities stop working. So basically, I can't throw items, mobs freeze in place, and GUIs cannot be opened. Anyone have had any sort of similar problem? If or if not, does anyone know how to fix it?

Repeating your post in 3 hours isn't going to get you a faster response if nobody who knows the answer has read the post yet...

Just a few ideas to check out:

1) Are you using Norton Antivirus? It's been notorious in the past for bringing systems to a complete halt at random times to run it's check.

2) How long do these "spikes" last? If you have a large world and have an "auto-backup" mod perhaps that could be a cause?

3) Perhaps your RAM is mis-configured? Allocating too much RAM for Java can cause multiple problems...
a] giving more than 4GB to Java for the FtB client seems to mess up Java's built in "Garbage Collection" system, causing problems
b] not leaving an appropriate amount of RAM for Windows (1 - 1.5 GB for Win7/8) can cause excessive disk access as parts of the OS and even the game are frequently transferred to/from the swapfile

There may be other possibilities. Give people a chance to get up and read the forums before re-posting (it's not yet 7am pacific time as I post this)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

To add on to what Hambeau said, have you tried running an Opis during one of these spikes? Might be a tile entity or regular entity causing excessive TPS drops on the internal server.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with MFR's Biofuel Generators. I'm not too familiar with MJ or RF machines, but my Biofuel Generators do not seem to work. I'm powering a Rancher which is milking a cow and then using fluiducts to transport the milk to the Biofuel Generators. The generators do not take the milk or start producing energy. I've seen this work, as found 40 seconds into the following video

What is he doing that I am not?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with MFR's Biofuel Generators. I'm not too familiar with MJ or RF machines, but my Biofuel Generators do not seem to work. I'm powering a Rancher which is milking a cow and then using fluiducts to transport the milk to the Biofuel Generators. The generators do not take the milk or start producing energy. I've seen this work, as found 40 seconds into the following video

What is he doing that I am not?

I believe they 'abused' a bug in that the steam turbine and biofuel generator from MFR accepted any liquid to generate power. They could have used water, that might have been simpler. That bug is fixed, you need to feed it BioFuel now as you are supposed to. BioFuel is made by inserting plant materials (saplings, seed etc) into a bioReactor.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Ultimate (1.1.2). I've been working with bee breeding quite a while now and recently started breeding the Thaumic bees. However I can't for the life of me find a guide that shows the mutations from the Pure/Flux bees. Getting kind of tired of avoiding the thousand wisps that spawn every time I try to breed them but for completion's sake I'd like to know why there's no guide for this at all?

The_Real_Gaw8y4

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's what confuses me. I cut down grass in my world with a sickle for at least 15 minutes. Got at least a stack of every other seed, but no essence ones. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if you get it another way. I know for sure that the mod is on and working, because I have other magical crops seeds.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Playing FTB Ultimate (1.1.2). I've been working with bee breeding quite a while now and recently started breeding the Thaumic bees. However I can't for the life of me find a guide that shows the mutations from the Pure/Flux bees. Getting kind of tired of avoiding the thousand wisps that spawn every time I try to breed them but for completion's sake I'd like to know why there's no guide for this at all?
The FTB Wiki Team work every day to provide information for users, we have to document about 100 mods, and we really can't do it all in a week.

Request for it here.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/seeking-guides-reloaded.42346/
Yeah, that's what confuses me. I cut down grass in my world with a sickle for at least 15 minutes. Got at least a stack of every other seed, but no essence ones. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or if you get it another way. I know for sure that the mod is on and working, because I have other magical crops seeds.
Hmmm, what version are you using, modpack too?

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB Wiki Team work every day to provide information for users, we have to document about 100 mods, and we really can't do it all in a week.
Thanks, I guess I should have specified that I'd like to know if anyone actually knows how to breed those pair as well? My bad.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I guess I should have specified that I'd like to know if anyone actually knows how to breed those pair as well? My bad.
No worries.
I do not actually know how to do so, though others might.
But you're right, we do need a guide on bee breeding, there's a guide for basics on how to start with bees, but it seems no guide or even a spreadsheet on breeding?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I read his plea as more "I'm surprised no-one has done a guide for this" than "I demand that the FTB team give me more free stuff". It's a subtle distinction. I've done nothing with bees since 1.4.7 (when the guides and wikis were great) so I haven't looked to see if the guides are up to date.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I read his plea as more "I'm surprised no-one has done a guide for this" than "I demand that the FTB team give me more free stuff". It's a subtle distinction. I've done nothing with bees since 1.4.7 (when the guides and wikis were great) so I haven't looked to see if the guides are up to date.
Hmmm, maybe my post was worded incorrectly.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Haha yes exactly. I was expecting an answer more along the lines of "your modpack is way outdated" or "no one gives a crap about bees". Wasn't actually demanding a guide. :p But all the bee guides I've seen don't show mutations from flux bees at all, and my in-game database clearly indicates there are two.