Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a 17x17 horizontal square centered on the Altar block. The corners are beacons, though, so there's a little 3x3 on each end. The Altar block should be 5 blocks from the ground.

For clarification:
-snip-
And I thought that railcraft had too many multiblock structures....

Do MFR harvesters and planters work with sugarcane?If not,is there an alternative way of autofarming them?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I thought mods loaded in a semi-alphabetical order? I recall previously when two mods I was using were being iffy together, I renamed one of them to be earlier in the alphabet than the other mod, it changed the load order and all was well. Although this was a while ago, things may be different now.
This is correct, to my knowledge. However, mods can require that they load after specific other mods- Tinker's Construct will always load after MFR and several other mods (if I remember that correctly), no matter what their zip files are named.

The harvester works, or it did in 1.5 when I last used one with 'cane, and you don't need a planter as it only harvests the top two blocks.
This is certainly still true in Horizons in 1.6.4. Just plant the sugarcane on the same level as the harvester and any other crops you may have. It'll harvest any canes that grow above that level.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Why use MFR harvesters when you can use a simple piston system =(?
Pure laziness. For MFR, you just need to drop one block and power it; for pistons, you need to set up all the pistons, and a redstone clock to power them periodically, and some way of collecting the items...

Reactions: RealSketch

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Also pistons are generally more laggy when an MFR Harvestor is a lot less laggy.

In DW20, I like to use the "crop" (basically planting sticks) for my farms. It's usable on all vanilla plants... Wheat, potatoes, carrots and reeds. Everything seems to grow a bit faster, nothing grows over 1 block high, you usually get multiple items from each plant and the best part is you don't have to replant.

This question got me thinking... I'm going to see if I can use Autonomous Activators to harvest my crops. If it works it'll be a "plant once and forget" operation.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Also pistons are generally more laggy when an MFR Harvestor is a lot less laggy.
10 pistons extending once every some minutes ain't really laggy.
Pure laziness. For MFR, you just need to drop one block and power it; for pistons, you need to set up all the pistons, and a redstone clock to power them periodically, and some way of collecting the items...
Clock? How about a BUD.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
10 pistons extending once every some minutes ain't really laggy.
But it looks really crappy and is hard to hide. One Harvester block for each 3x3, 5x5, 7x7 etc. farm plot is pretty easy to hide away.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
At least it doesn't look as boring as 1 block that just magically does stuff.
That is true, but if you want to do large scale automations in somewhat confined space(not playing on a flat creative world) and would like for it to look smooth and cool at the same time, while also not causing unnecessary drag on the server/PC.. Well then you kinda have to choose some of these more server friendly choices.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
In DW20, I like to use the "crop" (basically planting sticks) for my farms. It's usable on all vanilla plants... Wheat, potatoes, carrots and reeds. Everything seems to grow a bit faster, nothing grows over 1 block high, you usually get multiple items from each plant and the best part is you don't have to replant.

This question got me thinking... I'm going to see if I can use Autonomous Activators to harvest my crops. If it works it'll be a "plant once and forget" operation.
Yes the only problem with this is that the only method of auto-harvesting them is in Gregtech and for that you need a lot of infastructure. i only use the crop for crop bredding.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the only problem with this is that the only method of auto-harvesting them is in Gregtech and for that you need a lot of infastructure. i only use the crop for crop bredding.
Ako_the_builder used MFR harvesters on the crop sticks back in Ultimate. I see no reason why it wouldn't work now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Asked this before, but never got an answer. So far in 1.4.7 DW20, Unleashed and Monster(probably more but I am certain of these) I have started to hear chicken sounds in my base after building it up to a certain extend. The chicken sounds seems fixed to certain locations but when standing in those locations the directions of the sounds seems completely random. I have made absolutely sure by several means that there are no chickens nearby(for example Zans's minimap radar) but yet the sounds are there. It is not very frequent, every 30 secs - 2 minutes or so.

Anyone have any idea what can be causing it?

Recently just started hearing them in this location:
NOn2D8k.png

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Asked this before, but never got an answer. So far in 1.4.7 DW20, Unleashed and Monster(probably more but I am certain of these) I have started to hear chicken sounds in my base after building it up to a certain extend. The chicken sounds seems fixed to certain locations but when standing in those locations the directions of the sounds seems completely random. I have made absolutely sure by several means that there are no chickens nearby(for example Zans's minimap radar) but yet the sounds are there. It is not very frequent, every 30 secs - 2 minutes or so.

Anyone have any idea what can be causing it?

Recently just started hearing them in this location:
NOn2D8k.png
It might be the Factorization Routers. If you can, break them to see if the sound stops.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
It's obviously the ghosts of chickens you've killed. Bring in a villager priest to exorcise your base before it becomes a poltergeist. :eek:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that the Rotarycraft Heat Ray caps out at a 128m range no matter how much power I give it. Is there any way to fix this?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that the Rotarycraft Heat Ray caps out at a 128m range no matter how much power I give it. Is there any way to fix this?
Perhaps you'll have to look in the configurations

From memory there's configurations on the range of certain machines (min at 10 blocks or something like that)

Reactions: Padfoote