Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Occasionally you could actually use just fluiducts for this, because they have a little delay between the brownstone filtering out, which from memory is enough time for something such as a hopper to reinsert gravel in. You'll need your buffer of gravel to be close, or use a hopper because item-ducts drawing from a chest too far away will miss that window.

Thanks, it was 1000 times more easy of what I think it will be..

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
How is thaumium different from paper for Ticon tools? Also does letting a stonebound tool degrade and then putting flux on it give higher mining speed even after its charged?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How is thaumium different from paper for Ticon tools? Also does letting a stonebound tool degrade and then putting flux on it give higher mining speed even after its charged?
Thaumium has more durability than paper, that's about it. In some versions of TiCo you would only get an extra modifier for the the first paper/thaumium piece, so people used one of each, but I'm pretty sure that was fixed long ago.

I think you can still exploit stonebound like that, but I know that its benefit was seriously nerfed after people started realizing you could do that. Even if it still works, it's probably not really worth doing unless you're seriously trying to min/max your manual mining.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
So durability doesnt really matter for chargable tools then. I made a mostly paper/cobalt head hammer and wasnt quite sure if I should have used so much paper.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So durability doesnt really matter for chargable tools then. I made a mostly paper/cobalt head hammer and wasnt quite sure if I should have used so much paper.
So fluxed tools have the same amount of max durability no matter what their components are? Interesting...
IMHO: When I'm making tools, I never use paper, because thaumium is so much better. Go for thaumium if you can; it's quite cheap and a way better solution for modifiers and durability. Also it looks really nice.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
IMHO: When I'm making tools, I never use paper, because thaumium is so much better. Go for thaumium if you can; it's quite cheap and a way better solution for modifiers and durability. Also it looks really nice.
Thaumium? Cheap? Seriously? Explain to me your source of Praecantatio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This is my thaumonomomomonononononomnomnom, there are many like it but this one is mine.

My thaumonomnomnomomnomnomnom is my best friend, it is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
*Not a technical question, more of an opinion based one*

So on my current DW20 world I spawned near two Natura redwoods. I have made one of them my home, and for a little bit I have started making it my base. However, I dislike the small amount of space and as I begin to move further up in the tree it gets even smaller. It will obviously not hold everything I will need it to hold in my world as I progress. It's not even big enough for a medium-sized smeltery. I really hate to have things just sitting around in my world; my smeltery sits randomly outside of my base and every time I pass it I feel more and more inclined to leave. I have done nothing with the second redwood and honestly right now I want to leave it and live in a real house, where each room has a designated purpose. I am still fairly early-game, My power generation consists of a single steam dynamo, and I just got my first quarry. so, I suppose I'm asking whether or not I should leave my redwood for a real house/mansion. Also, if yes, what are some good block combos for it?
Build your house in the crown of the tree and not the trunk:
http://imgur.com/a/dSMKv

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
With Mystcraft, is it possible to create a flat desert-only world that doesn't have any of the terrain alterations (caves, tendrils etc~~) [I can create a flat desert world but these monstrosities like tendrils always ruin it >: (]

E: From what I've read, there has to be some terrain modifiers. Thus, I've decided to make spheres of glass >: (
Depends on the version of Mystcraft. The version being used in current recommended FTB packs: No. It will on its own pick a lot of random pages on creation. Only way to avoid getting something is to spawn in a ton of pages of something else in the same category. If you are looking for a mining world(flat desert for quarries), then yeah best bet is to use a lot of sphere or floating island pages. Floating island pages will leave large patches of darkness though which will cause LOTS of mob to spawn.

But there might be good news just around the corner:
Mystcraft 0.10.13.01 (the version currently in Monster 1.1.2)
  • Changes grammar rules of terrain alteration and population symbols (req 1, possibly more if none written)
  • Rebalances all grammar rules to allow more control
  • Suns, moons, starfields, doodads, visual effects, terrain alterations, populators, and effects now all work like colors; writing one stops generation of more.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How can I make priority on fluiducts? I want to feed magma dynamos with magma crucible + lava drums, but if I do that the lava drum fill the dynamos and then the magma crucible stop working because dynamos are full.. Any idea?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
*Not a technical question, more of an opinion based one*

So on my current DW20 world I spawned near two Natura redwoods. I have made one of them my home, and for a little bit I have started making it my base. However, I dislike the small amount of space and as I begin to move further up in the tree it gets even smaller. It will obviously not hold everything I will need it to hold in my world as I progress. It's not even big enough for a medium-sized smeltery. I really hate to have things just sitting around in my world; my smeltery sits randomly outside of my base and every time I pass it I feel more and more inclined to leave. I have done nothing with the second redwood and honestly right now I want to leave it and live in a real house, where each room has a designated purpose. I am still fairly early-game, My power generation consists of a single steam dynamo, and I just got my first quarry. so, I suppose I'm asking whether or not I should leave my redwood for a real house/mansion. Also, if yes, what are some good block combos for it?

I actually dig down once I'm established in my Redwood for all my minecrafting needs, using the upper part of the tree as a wood bank, clearing new levels as needed.

Standard procedure is to dig down to level 50 and start branching out as I need room. My Smeltery/Tinkers' Construct room is in one direction with my farm opposite, magic stuff to one side and machines to the other. Down one level and the mining starts. There is usually room for two levels between the ground floor and the work area so I build my storage there.

Also, if you haven't noticed there are several tree sizes... I only build in the 13 block diameter trees, the ones with 5 block wide flat sides.