Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jangofet54

Jul 29, 2019
Due to it being near-purely for Vanilla, I'd say that no point using it. Way too many things that are not texturized and it will just look ugly.

E: or if by "something like" you mean any texture pack, then there's few available in the launcher :3

okay well i already have the ones in the launcher however i really like the textures in conquest texture pack is there compatible texture pack that is very similar to that of conquest or are the only texture packs for ftb available in the launcher

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to craft a Manasteel Entwined Blood Staff from FM with a wand other than the Ichorium or Mercurial Crystal wands?
I like both the function of the blood staff and the features of the manasteel caps, but combining them costs around 148 vis, which, when wearing a sanguine helmet, full thaumaturge's robes, and using a wand with Frugal III (TC 4.1, for 1.6 btw), lowers the cost to about 104.6 - which is just barely too much for a silverwood wand, livingwood wand, or blood wand. Is there any way to lower the cost further, or will I have to make the mercurial crystal wand, which holds up to 500 vis, in order to proceed?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to craft a Manasteel Entwined Blood Staff from FM with a wand other than the Ichorium or Mercurial Crystal wands?
I like both the function of the blood staff and the features of the manasteel caps, but combining them costs around 148 vis, which, when wearing a sanguine helmet, full thaumaturge's robes, and using a wand with Frugal III (TC 4.1, for 1.6 btw), lowers the cost to about 104.6 - which is just barely too much for a silverwood wand, livingwood wand, or blood wand. Is there any way to lower the cost further, or will I have to make the mercurial crystal wand, which holds up to 500 vis, in order to proceed?

Yeah, you need a better wand to craft it with. It sounds like you've gotten all the vis reductions possible.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
But wait - will soul shards (2 or reborn) work on wisps? That would help significantly.

I'm not familiar with Reborn, but according to the mod's MCF page, "cross-mod mob support" is available in the latest version. I know for a fact that MFR autospawners will work too.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not familiar with Reborn, but according to the mod's MCF page, "cross-mod mob support" is available in the latest version. I know for a fact that MFR autospawners will work too.
Of course, they work with nearly anything that can be safari netted. Which raises the question: I caught a King Slime in a safari net. Will it spawn those?

But for my previous question: yes, but I was wondering if SS2 had the same sort of compatibility. Thanks, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1402705875][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quick question, What do magic jars from DartCraft do? I can't find any info on them
Force flasks? If you right-click on a mob, or entity, it will trap it inside the flask, ready to be released somewhere else.
But if you're actually talking about the magic jars, then they refill your magic meter, which appears at the upper-left-hand portion of your screen when you're doing things that use magic. It refills slowly IIRC, but the jars will help that. They're not incredibly useful however.

Shimmer015

Jul 29, 2019
Force flasks? If you right-click on a mob, or entity, it will trap it inside the flask, ready to be released somewhere else.
But if you're actually talking about the magic jars, then they refill your magic meter, which appears at the upper-left-hand portion of your screen when you're doing things that use magic. It refills slowly IIRC, but the jars will help that. They're not incredibly useful however.[/quote]

Ah okay, thanks for the response =)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If i'm using vacuum hoppers to pick up items that fall on the ground, is it best to have them on the same level as the floor or protruding up by one block?

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I want to make a lot of brown Rougthstone, so I need to automated it, Im doing it with a smeltery tank filled with tin, transporting it via fluiduct to a casting basin, where a gravel block is placed via hopper, and when its converted it will out via hopper too, the only problem I have is, how to transport only 16mB of tin with a redstone clock?
If someone have a better idea of how automated it tell me.. Thanks