Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How can I make priority on fluiducts? I want to feed magma dynamos with magma crucible + lava drums, but if I do that the lava drum fill the dynamos and then the magma crucible stop working because dynamos are full.. Any idea?
Bit confused, but you want the Magmacrucibles to fill up the drums as well as the dynamos? But also want the drums to supply lava to the dynamos like a backup buffer?

Ehm are you trying to pump lava from the drum into the Fluidducts while also trying to fill them with the same Fluidduct network? Why not just run fluiducts from the Magmacruciles to the drums, and then a separate string of fluiducts from the drums to the dynamos?

Try and post a screenshot of what you are doing, its pretty hard to understand from your post alone.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
How can I make priority on fluiducts? I want to feed magma dynamos with magma crucible + lava drums, but if I do that the lava drum fill the dynamos and then the magma crucible stop working because dynamos are full.. Any idea?
By prioritize do you mean have something done before another. If so then have the dynamos closer to the source then the drums (or vice versa). If you cannot put the dynamos farther away there is a mode you can turn the fluiducts on to act like it is farther away.[DOUBLEPOST=1402947649][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you find out the id for blocks in 1.7?

By id I mean MOD:BLOCKNAME
Like 1.6.4. you cannot just find this out but I am pretty sure NEI provides a mode to do this like in 1.6.4.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
By prioritize do you mean have something done before another. If so then have the dynamos closer to the source then the drums (or vice versa). If you cannot put the dynamos farther away there is a mode you can turn the fluiducts on to act like it is farther away.
You are thinking of Itemducts. Fluiducts have no such function and do not fill stuff first added on the line. They are specifically made to equalise the fluid "pressure" over the entire string of ducts, as an alternative to BC Waterproof pipes that does have actual "flowing" mechanics(leading to all kinds of crazy annoyances).

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting this crash, somewhat randomly (but it seems to occur when I'm jumping and mining at the same time), as I'm mining with an activated Flux-Infused Pickaxe: http://pastebin.com/72TAwk1N
Is this a TE error, or something to do with Optifine?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I keep getting this crash, somewhat randomly (but it seems to occur when I'm jumping and mining at the same time), as I'm mining with an activated Flux-Infused Pickaxe: http://pastebin.com/72TAwk1N
Is this a TE error, or something to do with Optifine?
More likely to be a Redstone Arsenal bug(as mentioned in the report). TE has nothing to do with the tools.

lbap

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the Mindcrack Pack.

What are some ways I can make flying around in the end looking for sheldonite ore fun? ...Because I need to fully power 4 matter fabricators, I need 32 more stacks of iridium ingots, and therefore 72 stacks of sheldonite ore. This will take a while. I've been listening to Youtube videos while I fly around in-game, with breaks from FTB since I don't want to spend my entire life doing this. Youtube and friends help, but what are your suggestions? This question isn't really about FTB itself, but rather ways to make the dredging parts of the game more fun.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm using the Mindcrack Pack.

What are some ways I can make flying around in the end looking for sheldonite ore fun? ...Because I need to fully power 4 matter fabricators, I need 32 more stacks of iridium ingots, and therefore 72 stacks of sheldonite ore. This will take a while. I've been listening to Youtube videos while I fly around in-game, with breaks from FTB since I don't want to spend my entire life doing this. Youtube and friends help, but what are your suggestions? This question isn't really about FTB itself, but rather ways to make the dredging parts of the game more fun.
Music and TV running in the background is what I use.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
How does one loaad mods in a specific order?
And.... how to know which mods to load in which order to prevent crashes?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What does the "sticky" mode of an EnderIO item conduit do? I recall it from a mod spotlight, but that spotlight is 90 minutes long...

Also, do EnderIO conduits work through tesseracts?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Got a question about about the changes to Minecraft affecting servers not being allowed to charge money.
If a server had ranks that you had to pay to get, can they offer an in game way to earn that rank while still allowing you to pay to get that rank instantly?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Got a question about about the changes to Minecraft affecting servers not being allowed to charge money.
If a server had ranks that you had to pay to get, can they offer an in game way to earn that rank while still allowing you to pay to get that rank instantly?

As I understand it, if each any "rank" changes gameplay for any group(s) of players, then "ist verboten".

If it's a question of cosmetic gear, say different colored leather armor with otherwise identical properties for each rank then it's good, as long as capes are in no way involved. Mojang wants to keep capes in reserve for special events, such as Minecon.

[EDIT] Is there an echo in here? :D

Last edited:

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
From what I've gathered from the information I've been getting off the Twitter pages and Mojang's site itself..

Donor Ranks are allowed if..
> No gameplay advantages are given (ie: Chunk Loaders, access to specific items, access to "kits", access to Mystcraft, etc)
> Only Cosmetic advantages are given (ie: Coloured chat names, particle effects, hats) [Exception: Capes. Capes are reserved for Mojang to give out.]
If a rank has gameplay advantages, the only way it should be acquired is through gameplay. Having ranks which give gameplay advantages is fine as long as they cannot be acquired via donations.

.. though do note that I'm probably not the best source for this stuff - you should probably look it up a bit yourself for a better understanding :U

That's determined by each mod, you cannot control it.

I thought mods loaded in a semi-alphabetical order? I recall previously when two mods I was using were being iffy together, I renamed one of them to be earlier in the alphabet than the other mod, it changed the load order and all was well. Although this was a while ago, things may be different now.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
From what I've gathered from the information I've been getting off the Twitter pages and Mojang's site itself..
Donor Ranks are allowed if..
> No gameplay advantages are given (ie: Chunk Loaders, access to specific items, access to "kits", access to Mystcraft, etc)
> Only Cosmetic advantages are given (ie: Coloured chat names, particle effects, hats) [Exception: Capes. Capes are reserved for Mojang to give out.]
If a rank has gameplay advantages, the only way it should be acquired is through gameplay. Having ranks which give gameplay advantages is fine as long as they cannot be acquired via donations.
This is not enforced until August 1, 2014. However, pay2win ruins the experience for everyone. I would recommend not doing that and avoid servers that currently do it.

Reactions: Cirom

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
What are the dimensions of a Tier 5 Blood magic altar?

I think it's a 17x17 horizontal square centered on the Altar block. The corners are beacons, though, so there's a little 3x3 on each end. The Altar block should be 5 blocks from the ground.

For clarification:
Blood_alterT5.png

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's a 17x17 horizontal square centered on the Altar block. The corners are beacons, though, so there's a little 3x3 on each end. The Altar block should be 5 blocks from the ground.

For clarification:
*snip*
So 19x19 base including the beacon's base and 7 blocks tall from the bottom layer to the bloodstone. Thanks.