Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Probably I ask too much questions here :p

1. How can I get achievements on ftb? It seems like ex: refined iron achievement, when I smelt iron to refined iron in induction furnace / iron furnace didn't give me the achievement. And so does achievements for other mods achievement. Can someone explain that?

2. How does xp works on ftb? Whenever I smelt something like 2 stack of charcoal or 2 stack of iron dust in induction furnace it didn't give me xp.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Probably I ask too much questions here :p

1. How can I get achievements on ftb? It seems like ex: refined iron achievement, when I smelt iron to refined iron in induction furnace / iron furnace didn't give me the achievement. And so does achievements for other mods achievement. Can someone explain that?

Hmm. Odd bug, probably just tell the IC2 devs.

2. How does xp works on ftb? Whenever I smelt something like 2 stack of charcoal or 2 stack of iron dust in induction furnace it didn't give me xp.

Now that is intentional, I seem to remember it had something to do with balancing the electric furnaces.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Balancing the electric furnace? What does that means?

But sometimes the achievements pops out when I use vanilla furnace. And when I get sticky resin I get the achievement too.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
In the launcher, for the ultimate pack, is the reccomended version the same as the version before it?
Ect. Here's what it might say
Reccomended
Build-blah-blah
Build-blah
(Those are just placeholder names)

So would the reccomended version be the same as build-blah-blah?
Got the cobblestone fixed, whatever it was, wether it was removing and re-applying gregtech or whatnot.
But now, it works.

On a sidenote, any automated possability to get food?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

But sometimes the achievements pops out when I use vanilla furnace. And when I get sticky resin I get the achievement too.

You don't get XP from most modded furnaces for repeatable recipes.

I.e. IC2 also adds the macerator, which turns ingots back into dust. If you got XP for smelting dust into ingots, what keeps you from setting up an infinite smelting/macerating/smelting loop that generates infinite XP?

(Of course you could use a vanilla furnace with a macerator, but that eats a lot of coal and works really slowly.)

You will find that things such as glass, which cannot be turned back into sand, still gives XP when made in mod furnaces.

Reactions: Whovian

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The electric furnace is overclockable to really fast speeds. Assume you have a good EU production, then you could smelt big amounts of cobble to stone in no time, which would give XP en masse.

Some achievements need other achievements before they can be achieved themselves. The modding scene has problems with correctly saving achievements between reloads since a long time. Try to check this out.

Can you please disable this useless message? Thanks.

On a sidenote, any automated possability to get food?
Any kind of wheat farm coupled with an autocrafter to produce bread?

Is there anyway to make more iron? Ex: to make copper, tin, and electrum all I need just centrifuge some lava right. Is there anyway to do that but with iron?
Igneous Extruder to produce Obsidian, pulverize it and then centrifuge (or was it electrolyze?) the dust.

Reactions: reddvilzz

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
energy tesseracts.
If I set 10 energy tesseracts tobroadcast at maximum power over frequency 2, will I be able to get everything over that frequency or should I put different frequencies for each tesseract?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019

That's a bug.

(If they [IC2] wanted it to not give XP, they would've set the XP on the smelting recipes to 0 so you wouldn't get it from any furnace)
(And then everyone would start hating IC2 for changing other mods)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I have programmed a turtle to make Factorization dark iron for me in a wrath forge via applied energistics. Partly because it was a project to help me improve my LUA coding I tried to make it really good. It is capable of processing up to two stacks of iron in one go amongst other things but unfortunately the wrath fire burns out before I can get done. I have already programmed the turtle to pause the program and wait for player intervention if it realises the wrath flame has burnt out but before I code it to relight the wrath flame does anybody know if wrath fire has a finite number of uses before extinguishing? The way my program works is that every 32 iterations it pauses for 10 seconds, otherwise it pauses for 1.5 seconds. If wrath fire is infinite, does anybody know what the optimal timing.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
I have programmed a turtle to make Factorization dark iron for me in a wrath forge via applied energistics. Partly because it was a project to help me improve my LUA coding I tried to make it really good. It is capable of processing up to two stacks of iron in one go amongst other things but unfortunately the wrath fire burns out before I can get done. I have already programmed the turtle to pause the program and wait for player intervention if it realises the wrath flame has burnt out but before I code it to relight the wrath flame does anybody know if wrath fire has a finite number of uses before extinguishing? The way my program works is that every 32 iterations it pauses for 10 seconds, otherwise it pauses for 1.5 seconds. If wrath fire is infinite, does anybody know what the optimal timing.

whould this not be better asked here http://www.computercraft.info/

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
So I had heard KL had fixed Omniwrenches to work with GT again and yet I can't get mine to work. Was this "fixed" by Greg or is there something I'm missing.