Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
any link as to a tutorial to get started in liquid xp?
and perhaps something more advanced aswell?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Engines produce their rated MJ/t constantly, regardless of color (exception is the redstone engine). The difference is how often they push the produced MJ into the receiver. So an engine with a blue speed of one stroke per 30 ticks and an orange speed of one stroke per 10 ticks which is rated at 5 MJ/t will transfer (if the the target can accept this much energy at once) 5*30 = 150 MJ per stroke while blue and 5*10 = 50 MJ per stroke while orange.
This makes more sense

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to make more iron? Ex: to make copper, tin, and electrum all I need just centrifuge some lava right. Is there anyway to do that but with iron?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you run a quarry, iron will be least of your problems. I have too much iron, though I am not sure how much resources everyone else in this forum uses. It's a big component for AE, and starting to realize that I am using my iron quite quickly as well.

Ideas to get additional iron is to smelt rails, unused iron tools, armour, etc. in an alloy furnace. That'll give you some returns, in terms of waste management.

You could try the EE system (equivalent exchange) but I'm not sure what the recipe is, or if its worth it.

A GT grinder offers the ability to gain iron from other ores. i.e. Tin gives 1/4 of an iron ore, per ore. You can also centrifuge nickel dust for iron as well. That's what I'm currently doing, seeing as how I have no use for nickel.

Reactions: reddvilzz

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but why does my FTB Main Menu occasionally turn into a Nyan Cat?

from the main soul shard post

Soul Shard

You make a Soul Shard by creating the following shape in world:

AAEAA
AENEA
ENGNE
AENEA
AAEAA

A=Air
E=End Stone
N=Netherrack
G=Glowstone

Right click on the glowstone with a diamond to receive your shard

This shard of corrupted diamond seems to be able to absorb the souls of monsters you kill (while in your hotbar). Right click on a Soul Cage to imprison the essence of the monsters trapped within into the cage. It seems to also have a strange reaction to monster spawners!

Soul Shards have 5 tiers. Each tier gives progressively better spawning capabilities once imbued into the Soul Cage.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
The traditional solution, assuming you're running a FTB pack, is to start a pigman farm (for gold) or an Enderman farm (for Ender Pearls), and then use a minium stone to convert those materials into extra iron ingots.

If you're running a pack without monster spawners, or are ideologically opposed to monster farming as I am, then quarries and cave spelunking is your best bet.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
FTB 1.5.2 .8 recycler doesnt produce scrap from cobblestone?
I have cobblestone in there, the machines are getting power, but I've ran em for a good few minutes and no scrap.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
FTB 1.5.2 .8 recycler doesnt produce scrap from cobblestone?
I have cobblestone in there, the machines are getting power, but I've ran em for a good few minutes and no scrap.

check the config files probably disabled

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so, deleted everything in the blacklist.
Still not working.
Also, gregtech is turned off.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I know there is a line in the gregtech config called easystonerecyling, or something like that, but you said you had gregtech turned off...

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
from the main soul shard post

Soul Shard

You make a Soul Shard by creating the following shape in world:

AAEAA
AENEA
ENGNE
AENEA
AAEAA

A=Air
E=End Stone
N=Netherrack
G=Glowstone

Right click on the glowstone with a diamond to receive your shard

This shard of corrupted diamond seems to be able to absorb the souls of monsters you kill (while in your hotbar). Right click on a Soul Cage to imprison the essence of the monsters trapped within into the cage. It seems to also have a strange reaction to monster spawners!

Soul Shards have 5 tiers. Each tier gives progressively better spawning capabilities once imbued into the Soul Cage.
I think you quoted the wrong post.

Jemjem787

Jul 29, 2019
In the launcher, for the ultimate pack, is the reccomended version the same as the version before it?
Ect. Here's what it might say
Reccomended
Build-blah-blah
Build-blah
(Those are just placeholder names)

So would the reccomended version be the same as build-blah-blah?

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
In the launcher, for the ultimate pack, is the reccomended version the same as the version before it?
Ect. Here's what it might say
Reccomended
Build-blah-blah
Build-blah
(Those are just placeholder names)

So would the reccomended version be the same as build-blah-blah?
Im not exactly sure about the differences between them, though from what I remember the recommended version has all the latest versions of mods for 1.4.7 and that will be the last update for those packs