Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Top teir - diamond conductive pipes.

Didn't you see coverts video about how he revamped the BC energy pipe system?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any answers of what 'liquids' can be pumped out into? Can they only be pumped into a container of sorts? or is there a way to have it like.. drip out into whatever is nearby? I want to make a literal glass tank, as in glass walls, bottom, etc. But I have no idea how to fill it with poison water or spring water aside from manually using buckets. Is that my only option?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Anyone have any answers of what 'liquids' can be pumped out into? Can they only be pumped into a container of sorts? or is there a way to have it like.. drip out into whatever is nearby? I want to make a literal glass tank, as in glass walls, bottom, etc. But I have no idea how to fill it with poison water or spring water aside from manually using buckets. Is that my only option?
The Redpower Grate is the only item that can automate the transfer of liquids from tanks into the world. Well, you could do it with turtles and buckets, I suppose.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Almost all useful liquid targets are tanks, either machine tanks or liquid storage tanks. There are a handful of things that can dump water from buckets into the world, but because dumping water sources onto a water source does overwrites the target, it's not terribly helpful here. Grates work betterish, but they're RedPower2 and not always reliable.

If you can get access to a source block version of the liquid, the Buildcraft Filler might work.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Almost all useful liquid targets are tanks, either machine tanks or liquid storage tanks. There are a handful of things that can dump water from buckets into the world, but because dumping water sources onto a water source does overwrites the target, it's not terribly helpful here. Grates work betterish, but they're RedPower2 and not always reliable.

If you can get access to a source block version of the liquid, the Buildcraft Filler might work.

Well Im on 1.5.2 sooo... buckets it is. I wanna make a poison glass tank cause it looks cool.

And yeah. I didnt think about that. Source overrides source. But I dunno how I could get a source block of spring and poison liquids.. Uugu. Gues Ill do ender tank into a small tank and manually run back and forth with buckets.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You can put water in a Filler? At last I have a use for UU-Matter!
I will warn that this hasn't been very reliably in the past -- some versions will just dump all the water sources in the same block, wasting them. Test in Creative on your setup first.

((If it does, you can use Ice Blocks and melt them, but that's not slower, if more UU-inexpensive.))

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I will warn that this hasn't been very reliably in the past -- some versions will just dump all the water sources in the same block, wasting them. Test in Creative on your setup first.

((If it does, you can use Ice Blocks and melt them, but that's not slower, if more UU-inexpensive.))
why bother making ice out of UU if you have dirt-cheap ice from TE?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I wanna play around with mystcraft but I didnt have it before I made my world so Im not finding pages. =( Should I start a new world? Itll generate in chests in a new world right? Thinking of making a second world and making an underwater base... inc no ocean biomes... Are they even deep enough to make a decent base that is actually surrounded by water? Hardened glass walls and the like?

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You can make Random Ages without using any Symbols, and especially in Mystcraft 0.10.4 this is a recommended start. Inside these Ages, there's a high chance of structures called Ancient Libraries forming, and these have pages in their Lecturns and hidden in chests within them.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
You can make Random Ages without using any Symbols, and especially in Mystcraft 0.10.4 this is a recommended start. Inside these Ages, there's a high chance of structures called Ancient Libraries forming, and these have pages in their Lecturns and hidden in chests within them.

Hrm. Guess I should read more then. Never used mystcraft. Its all new to me. Need to make so much stuff just to get started it feels like. But if I can do alright without having world gen in already Ill go try it.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap. How do you know if your world is destabalized or anything bad? I just made my first world, and after being scared as hell cause I appeared in darkness with no items, I spawned in a wetlands with no ailments on me. I dont seem to notice blocks decaying. All my water is ice though. Every last block. And I have a wasteland surrounding my wetland. Got my library fine. But I wanna make sure I can ensure its ok before I set up quarries.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
Holy crap. How do you know if your world is destabalized or anything bad? I just made my first world, and after being scared as hell cause I appeared in darkness with no items, I spawned in a wetlands with no ailments on me. I dont seem to notice blocks decaying. All my water is ice though. Every last block. And I have a wasteland surrounding my wetland. Got my library fine. But I wanna make sure I can ensure its ok before I set up quarries.
As of 10.4, it is extremely rare (and may not be possible) to run into the less predictable instabilities from a Random Age. Potion effects, lightning strikes, and Explosions are the most common, and then tend to be very obvious. Black Decay and White Decay should only occur with extremely bad Age writing grammar. Unfortunately, the decay values for an Age can not be easily checked.

((The initial delay with no items is common to any mods that create new dimensions: Galacticaft does it the first time people go to the moon, and it's shown up rarely in DimDoors.))

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
the thing is that mj/t doesnt work like eu/t.
if you look at TE engines at work, you`ll notice that power is generated per engine`s stroke. if i`m not mistaken it`s 1 stroke/1 second. so in order for engine to match 4 mj/t it need to push 4mj*quantity of ticks in second(and i completely forgot ha many is that) per stroke into machine. that`s why TE buffer fills a lot faster than you think they should.
4 mj/ usage means not how much machine can take from network, but a rate at which it drains its internal buffer.
That actually does work exactly like EU/t.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to install or convert the ftb mods to work in original minecraft launcher?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to install or convert the ftb mods to work in original minecraft launcher?

That's not exactly simple. Quick and dirty instructions: 1) download mods. 2) Follow install instructions for all the mods. 3) Change configs to resolve any ID conflicts.

Honestly, though, if you're playing an FTB pack or something very similar, there's not much reason to jump ship from the FTB launcher. Certainly the vanilla launcher doesn't offer any real feature I can think of over FTB.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Someone says that it can increases the fps because vanilla launcher uses less more ram rather than ftb one.

Can I just copy ftb mods folder and paste it into .minecraft folder?

And install the forge manually?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone says that it can increases the fps because vanilla launcher uses less more ram rather than ftb one.

Can I just copy ftb mods folder and paste it into .minecraft folder?

And install the forge manually?

I believe the only jar mods in FTB are forge and liteloader (which is for the voxel stuff). NEI, CodeChickenCore, MiscPeripherals, and PowerCrystalsCore go in your "coremods" folder. Everything else can go in the standard "mods" folder.

The fps increase you see in vanilla is because vanilla isn't running a billion mods.