Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Couple of questions, I have recently set up a fusion reactor, and need info on some of the related aspects.

I'm outputting the plasma into a 10k bucket railcraft tank, is there a way to stop the reactor when the tank is full and restart again when empty, as it is produced faster than I can use it.

Next, how much power do the electroliser and centrifuge take, so I can plan my support side.

Lastly, with liquiducts, I know of the restriction on inputs but are the outputs restricted as well?

Thanks in advance!

Not so subtle bump, the wiki's have failed me...

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any autocrafter for 1.5.2 that isnt slow as balls? This autocrafting table will make me my compressed cobblestone when I turn 1000

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion's Cyclic Assembler should be what you need.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

That works. Next question. What can ender tanks pump into? Or what can liquids be pumped into? I wanna make my poison fish tank, sludge fish tank, spring water fish tank, etc. But Im trying to think of how to transport liquids from place A to glass tank B. Since there is no xycraft I cant just make a pretty xycraft tank, Im just gonna use some glass as a 'tank' but I dont know how it'd be possible to do that. Fill an iron tank, manually carry buckets back and forth like some sorta farm boy?

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech defaults to Redpower ingots for copper/tin/silver/brass, because it also defaults to Redpower storage blocks for copper/tin/silver/brass, which it does for a specific legacy compatibility reason that I forgot.

(Of course only if Redpower is present.)

This was so that the blocks could be cut with a saw.

Not important in installations with Immibis MicroBlocks installed, but that was the origional reason.

Seekker

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to create a mystcraft age that contains no liquids whatsoever ? I sort of remember reading something about this at some time in the past.

If so what are the pages required ?

Thanks.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
There's a no-seas page.
Also lava lakes etc should generate unless you explicitly tell them to.

However water will generate anywhere where the "ground" level is lower than 60 or something.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any limit for pulverizer and liquid transposer power input? I can power them with mode than 4 mj/t?

Sent from my HTC pyramid using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any limit for pulverizer and liquid transposer power input? I can power them with mode than 4 mj/t?

That should be fine, yeah. TE machines are a lot more forgiving about their power inputs than IC2 and GregTech machines.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

I have my TE machines hooked up to the output of a redstone energy cell set to 100 MJ/t, and they're doing fine. I don't know if they can actually take in that much per tick into their internal buffer, but at no point will a TE machine ever be damaged by too much power.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No, they can only accept 4 MJ/t. You can't force more power into a TE machine than it will accept. It takes whatever it needs from the attached pipe and no more, the remaining power in the pipe is available for other machines. Some machines can take a large amount of energy, I think a Filler will use up to 50 MJ/t and some Extra Bees machines can take 150 MJ/t but it's pulled by the machine and not pushed by the pipe.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
No, they can only accept 4 MJ/t. You can't force more power into a TE machine than it will accept. It takes whatever it needs from the attached pipe and no more, the remaining power in the pipe is available for other machines. Some machines can take a large amount of energy, I think a Filler will use up to 50 MJ/t and some Extra Bees machines can take 150 MJ/t but it's pulled by the machine and not pushed by the pipe.

PhilHibbs, that's wrong. TE machines have an internal storage. And that one fills up significantly faster than with just 4 MJ/t (if so it would mean that the internal buffer wouldn't fill up at all while the machine is running). Go try it in a test world.

Reactions: RedBoss

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
TE machines have an internal storage. And that one fills up significantly faster than with just 4 MJ/t (if so it would mean that the internal buffer wouldn't fill up at all while the machine is running). Go try it in a test world.
I don't remember it filling up that quickly. They have, what, 4000 MJ buffer? That would take 50 seconds to fill up at 4 MJ/t. Like I said I don't remember clearly, but it probably was a bit faster than that. But no TE machine is going to be running 100% of the time so there's no real need for the input rate to be higher than the usage rate.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember it filling up that quickly. They have, what, 4000 MJ buffer? That would take 50 seconds to fill up at 4 MJ/t. Like I said I don't remember clearly, but it probably was a bit faster than that. But no TE machine is going to be running 100% of the time so there's no real need for the input rate to be higher than the usage rate.
the thing is that mj/t doesnt work like eu/t.
if you look at TE engines at work, you`ll notice that power is generated per engine`s stroke. if i`m not mistaken it`s 1 stroke/1 second. so in order for engine to match 4 mj/t it need to push 4mj*quantity of ticks in second(and i completely forgot ha many is that) per stroke into machine. that`s why TE buffer fills a lot faster than you think they should.
4 mj/ usage means not how much machine can take from network, but a rate at which it drains its internal buffer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Each engine has its own stroke length, and they generally vary with engine state as well (engines with more internal energy stored stroke faster in an attempt to get rid of more energy). The blulectric engine at full speed can stroke about 3 times per second, whereas a stirling engine in blue state will take more than 2.5 seconds per stroke.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Each engine has its own stroke length, and they generally vary with engine state as well (engines with more internal energy stored stroke faster in an attempt to get rid of more energy). The blulectric engine at full speed can stroke about 3 times per second, whereas a stirling engine in blue state will take more than 2.5 seconds per stroke.
i`ve missed that bit it seems.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Just test it and it seems it can take input almost unlimited i guess. But the details in the machine ex, 4 mj/t it is meant that the engine will use 4 mj/t while operating. So putting enough engine will makes filling the internal power storage faster

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
The Purifier from Extra Bees uses 100 MJ/t but will fill its buffer at up to 2000 MJ/t. Not sure how you'd manage that, I think conduits are limited to 500 MJ/t so you'd need 4 conduits each fed by 5 Redstone Energy Cells on max output. I might try that in creative, see if I can fill up a Purifier in 1.25 seconds. To really test it you'd have to exceed that, attaching 5 or 6 conduits to see if 1.25 seconds really is the fastest that it can recharge. I think the top-tier pipes in the new Buildcraft can deliver energy faster than conduits.