Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Someone says that it can increases the fps because vanilla launcher uses less more ram rather than ftb one.

Can I just copy ftb mods folder and paste it into .minecraft folder?

And install the forge manually?

That someone had no idea what they were talking about. But yes, if you want you can do exactly that.

1.) Get a vanilla client of the appropriate version
2.) Start up client
3.) Close client
4.) Install Forge manually via the instructions provided - choose the same version that was used in the FTB pack
5.) Start up client
6.) Close client
7.) Copy over the /mods folder
8.) Copy over the /coremods folder
9.) Copy over the /config folder
10.) Start up client

At that point you should be done. Theoretically.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
So it is basically useless then? Because it is all the same.

And between ftb launcher and mc launcher is it all the same in fps?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I know that using the crucible and the research alter can mess with the flux in your area. Is the same true of a research table?

I'm planning on building a full thaumcraft area a little bit away from the main base. But I haven't built it yet. I'm wondering if doing research at the main base (where I have easy access to my stuff via AE), will mess with the flux.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I know that using the crucible and the research alter can mess with the flux in your area. Is the same true of a research table?

I'm planning on building a full thaumcraft area a little bit away from the main base. But I haven't built it yet. I'm wondering if doing research at the main base (where I have easy access to my stuff via AE), will mess with the flux.
Nope, researching using the table is safe.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019

No, the flux from the crucible comes from the aspects you put into it. The more efficient you are, the less flux is dumped into the aura. Or if you have the arcane ambelycs(is that how you spell that?), then you have less flux too.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
No, the flux from the crucible comes from the aspects you put into it. The more efficient you are, the less flux is dumped into the aura. Or if you have the arcane ambelycs(is that how you spell that?), then you have less flux too.
Just to specify: the flux from the crucible comes from the aspects you release to the air as in don't use in any crafting etc.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Each engine has its own stroke length, and they generally vary with engine state as well (engines with more internal energy stored stroke faster in an attempt to get rid of more energy). The blulectric engine at full speed can stroke about 3 times per second, whereas a stirling engine in blue state will take more than 2.5 seconds per stroke.
But aren't the MJ/t rates still the same? I haven't read the whole convo, I just want to clarify.

i.e. Even though the stroke rates are low, the MJ/t is still the MC joules/tick rating of the machine?

And for my own tidbit, if it hasn't been mentioned already, combustion engines power up to 100 MJ per stroke, at one stroke per second. Divide that 100 by 20 and you get the 5 MJ/t its rated at. Obvious, but it sounds like there's some confusion surrounding MJ/t... I think ticks are equivalent in all cases.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
But aren't the MJ/t rates still the same? I haven't read the whole convo, I just want to clarify.

i.e. Even though the stroke rates are low, the MJ/t is still the MC joules/tick rating of the machine?

And for my own tidbit, if it hasn't been mentioned already, combustion engines power up to 100 MJ per stroke, at one stroke per second. Divide that 100 by 20 and you get the 5 MJ/t its rated at. Obvious, but it sounds like there's some confusion surrounding MJ/t... I think ticks are equivalent in all cases.
Only engine that produces more mj/t depending on the "color" of the engine is redstone engine =3

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't the MJ rates negligible? I mean most machines won't accept RS engines for power, nor can you use them with conduit pipes (At least in 1.4.7)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't the MJ rates negligible? I mean most machines won't accept RS engines for power, nor can you use them with conduit pipes (At least in 1.4.7)
I didn't say it wasn't negligible, but it's still the only one that produces different amount of mj/t depending on the "color"

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Engines produce their rated MJ/t constantly, regardless of color (exception is the redstone engine). The difference is how often they push the produced MJ into the receiver. So an engine with a blue speed of one stroke per 30 ticks and an orange speed of one stroke per 10 ticks which is rated at 5 MJ/t will transfer (if the the target can accept this much energy at once) 5*30 = 150 MJ per stroke while blue and 5*10 = 50 MJ per stroke while orange.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
So it is basically useless then? Because it is all the same.

And between ftb launcher and mc launcher is it all the same in fps?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The launchers are, as the name implies, only launchers. They launch the actual game, hence they have nothing to do with the game itself.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have a bee that needs Nether flowers, I have a Netherwart growing near it but it says "No flowers". Any ideas? Temperature and humidity are fine.
*Edit* It wasn't fully grown, d'oh. I did wait ages and it looked big...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Engines produce their rated MJ/t constantly, regardless of color (exception is the redstone engine). The difference is how often they push the produced MJ into the receiver. So an engine with a blue speed of one stroke per 30 ticks and an orange speed of one stroke per 10 ticks which is rated at 5 MJ/t will transfer (if the the target can accept this much energy at once) 5*30 = 150 MJ per stroke while blue and 5*10 = 50 MJ per stroke while orange.

Even the redstone engine produces a constant 1 MJ/s (0.05 MJ/t). It just can't output it because its burst output limit (the amount of MJ it can transfer per stroke) is set to 1 MJ. This is the reason the redstone engine "heats up" - because its internal energy buffer continues filling up until the stroke rate becomes so fast that it can output at the same rate it produces.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
So, the latest ftb ultimate, .8
How do I make soul shards if there is no soul forge?
checked the config file for the mod, there is no soul forge.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but why does my FTB Main Menu occasionally turn into a Nyan Cat?

This is literally the only question that I'm going to answer on this thread. Thank you so much for not making another thread about it.

It's an easter egg from the Voxel Box mods. I believe it's Voxel Menu, but I'm not sure.

You can remove the Voxel mods if it gets annoying. On the FTB launcher, go to 'edit mods', look for everything that has Voxel in the name and disable it. You won't get any more nyan cat popups.

Reactions: SatanicSanta