Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
MJ to magma crucibles (better if you feed them with netherrack) and lava to geothermal generators. There's no block to make a direct conversion though.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to convert MJ to EU in the current version of DW20?

Magma crucible can convert stone/netherrack to lava, which can be converted using a geothermal generator (or thermal generator). That appears to, currently, be the best way to turn MJ into EU.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Question with Thaumcraft

How exactly does one move an aura node so that they can get aura wherever they want?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there a simple way to convert MJ to EU in the current version of DW20?
To my knowledge, no. At least if you're also going for efficiency.

You could try the magma crucible (Igneous Extruders (also from Thermal Expansion) are handy for generating cobblestone, by the way) - geothermal generator setup, although I've heard that you can run an MFFS Extractor off pure EU or MJ (with the help of a Compact Forcicium Cell, and probably some automation) - MFFS Capacitor - MFFS Converter to convert back into MJ or EU at higher efficiency than the Crucible - Thermal Generator (Gregtech's more efficient geothermal) setup, even. I haven't tested this setup myself yet, however; and by no means is it simple.

Question with Thaumcraft

How exactly does one move an aura node so that they can get aura wherever they want?
Two ways: Grow a silverwood tree near your base, it will create a pure node inside its trunk at head level when it grows. Note that bonemeal won't work on it, but the bonemeal effect of the Hoe of Growth (or just time) will, and that chopping the tree won't disturb the node. You can then grow another silverwood near it, and the notes will fuse together, creating a bigger node. This can be repeated until you run out of saplings, or until you can't stand the flux. Also note that I managed to create a pure node in this manner with over 1000 vis, with no higher than "High" flux at any given time.

More expensive solution: Research Basic Aura Manipulation (requires Theory of Everything), the Crystal Core will pull the nearest node within about 24 blocks to itself. I'd recommend placing this device a few blocks closer to the nearest natural node than halfway between it and your pure node, AFTER growing your pure node larger than the natural one, so it will pull the natural one, assuring that the pure node will still be larger when they fuse. If the pure node is larger than the other node, the combined node will be pure.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I am currently playing with Reactors and have two banks of MFSU's 10 in each. Slowly charging up to 100%. No I dont really have to many Safety Measures in place. It is however a no heat, pretty stable build.
My question is: What do I use to to switch from one bank to the other. A Gate? (Should have been an Electrician) So fibre cable from reactor splits at a point and charges both ATM. I want to be able to Flip a Switch and Charge each bank seperately.

Yes probably a Really Simple question. With a very Simple Answer. Could even be out there on Google and here I am asking the FTB community.
I bet some are :rolleyes: ing right now. :)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

I am currently playing with Reactors and have two banks of MFSU's 10 in each. Slowly charging up to 100%. No I dont really have to many Safety Measures in place. It is however a no heat, pretty stable build.
My question is: What do I use to to switch from one bank to the other. A Gate? (Should have been an Electrician) So fibre cable from reactor splits at a point and charges both ATM. I want to be able to Flip a Switch and Charge each bank seperately.

Yes probably a Really Simple question. With a very Simple Answer. Could even be out there on Google and here I am asking the FTB community.
I bet some are :rolleyes: ing right now. :)

Why do you have two separate banks?

You should be able to set the last MFSU to output redstone signal when full, and then connect that to a splitter cable to disable that pathway until it runs down on power. You could set up a state cell to make the second to last MFSU output redstone when full and, when it stops outputting, start charging that bank again if you want it to run up and down in charge more evenly.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you have two separate banks?

You should be able to set the last MFSU to output redstone signal when full, and then connect that to a splitter cable to disable that pathway until it runs down on power. You could set up a state cell to make the second to last MFSU output redstone when full and, when it stops outputting, start charging that bank again if you want it to run up and down in charge more evenly.

Why two banks? Don't MFSU's explode when there's nowhere for the power to go? Reactor keeps filling and something has to give. So the theory was while one bank fills the other depletes.
How do I know what MFSU is going to be the last to charge? Will it be the closest to the input?
Will have a play around with the splitter cable.

Cheers

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Why two banks? Don't MFSU's explode when there's nowhere for the power to go?

Nope, they do not. That sounds like engines talk to me. MFSUs, and all EU power storage systems are good about that.

How do I know what MFSU is going to be the last to charge? Will it be the closest to the input?

Yes. Power goes down the line until it cannot go any further, then stops. So, the closest will be the last to charge.

Will have a play around with the splitter cable.

They are expensive, costly in EU (you lose one EU in the line per cable, I believe [correction, 0.5EU per cable]), and not needed for your application, so rethink that, eh?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
0.5 EU per splitter cable. So you can still have 19 more glass fibre cables in the same line with a splitter, and not have any EU loss.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so Splitters need a redstone signal?
Have a splitter in place, checked that all my MFSU's are set to "emit when full" yet both banks are still charging. Turned on the Mass Fab located at each side of the Banks to drain one side. Still charging both sides.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so Splitters need a redstone signal?
Have a splitter in place, checked that all my MFSU's are set to "emit when full" yet both banks are still charging. Turned on the Mass Fab located at each side of the Banks to drain one side. Still charging both sides.

The splitter cable will change its texture when it is "split". It requires a redstone signal, and does NOT work with red alloy wire. Use normal redstone with it to test.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a way to change the rich slag rate to/from 20%?
2. is there a config to change if I can apply rich slag to platinum?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to use red alloy wire, plop a piece of jacketed wire on top of the section of red alloy wire that is next to the splitter cable.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
The splitter cable will change its texture when it is "split". It requires a redstone signal, and does NOT work with red alloy wire. Use normal redstone with it to test.

Cool Tyvm. Bit like timers to redstone tube. Wont accept red alloy wire.