Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
You can't apply rich slag to dust anymore, right now you can only use it to ore, as a way to triple the yield..

Btw you get 3 platinum per 1 rich slag+sheldonite ore (that's GT platinum ore), but you get 2 extra iridium nuggets in industrial grinder with mercury so...

Reactions: Bigglesworth

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make a variable in CC to add 1 for every movement? So i could make the turtle go up and it would know how much to go back down?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make a variable in CC to add 1 for every movement? So i could make the turtle go up and it would know how much to go back down?

Yes, there is. Although I don't think there is a "simple" way. The basics is this, though: In your program, instead of using turtle.up(), you could make your own function (http://computercraft.info/wiki/Function_(type)) for movement. You'll want one for all six forms of directional movement, and possible two more for turning.

In your functions, you do a turtle.up(), but then you also add one to a variable called iTurtleYLocation (for example). When you move down, in your move down function, you subtract one.

With that, you will know your exact location from the start.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
Well,Thanks. It isnt that important,just wanted to know incase of future uses. Isnt really required for a redwood program :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Well,Thanks. It isnt that important,just wanted to know incase of future uses. Isnt really required for a redwood program :p

It is not too hard to do after you get your brain wrapped around doing it that way, so I'd suggest making it a habit.

~~~

I've got my own question: How the heck do people deal with water pools when using a quarry? Usually, I end up hitting at least one underground pool which floods my quarry area, and when I come to deal with my quarry I've got to do one of a few things:

• Use blocks to kill the water blocks.
  • Drop lava on it from the top to remove the water blocks
  • Use a Wand of Cooling to remove the water blocks
In turn, this ends up causing a LARGE amount of water updates and massive lag (thankfully it is in an age). Is there some sort of simple way I've overlooked? Maybe a buildcraft pump (still going to lag, though, darn it)? Anyone? Please? Heheh, thanks!

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
It is not too hard to do after you get your brain wrapped around doing it that way, so I'd suggest making it a habit.

~~~

I've got my own question: How the heck do people deal with water pools when using a quarry? Usually, I end up hitting at least one underground pool which floods my quarry area, and when I come to deal with my quarry I've got to do one of a few things:

• Use blocks to kill the water blocks.
  • Drop lava on it from the top to remove the water blocks
  • Use a Wand of Cooling to remove the water blocks
In turn, this ends up causing a LARGE amount of water updates and massive lag (thankfully it is in an age). Is there some sort of simple way I've overlooked? Maybe a buildcraft pump (still going to lag, though, darn it)? Anyone? Please? Heheh, thanks!

Actually I usually flood the quarry myself - to void having the bottom be all lava. After that I just kill that one source block and any other source blocks in the walls. You're right about the update spam though. Hm.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I usually flood the quarry myself - to void having the bottom be all lava. After that I just kill that one source block and any other source blocks in the walls. You're right about the update spam though. Hm.

I used to do that, but it really doesn't matter as I'll often hit an underground lake, and then I've got more water blocks to kill. So, when I remove that single block, the water settles down until it gets down to the level of those source blocks. Then it sticks around until I wand of cooling it.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
You can't apply rich slag to dust anymore, right now you can only use it to ore, as a way to triple the yield..

Btw you get 3 platinum per 1 rich slag+sheldonite ore (that's GT platinum ore), but you get 2 extra iridium nuggets in industrial grinder with mercury so...
Thanks for the info!

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I used to do that, but it really doesn't matter as I'll often hit an underground lake, and then I've got more water blocks to kill. So, when I remove that single block, the water settles down until it gets down to the level of those source blocks. Then it sticks around until I wand of cooling it.
Turtles eat water source blocks when the move into them. Could write a fast moving clear program...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles eat water source blocks when the move into them. Could write a fast moving clear program...

Ah, that isn't a bad idea at all. And I've got loads of excess EU to feed them. Thanks! If anyone else has any other ideas, feel free to post them, as well.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
How many blocks/chunks does a world anchor keep loaded? I want my sorting system, as well as its power supply to stay loaded and need to know the best way. Sub question, what would be the use of a chunk loader rather than the world anchor.

Thanks in advance!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
How many blocks/chunks does a world anchor keep loaded? I want my sorting system, as well as its power supply to stay loaded and need to know the best way. Sub question, what would be the use of a chunk loader rather than the world anchor.

Thanks in advance!

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/World_Anchor

The World Anchor is a block from Railcraft which keeps the neighbouring 9 chunks in memory.

A "world anchor" is just another name for a chunk loader. Although the world anchor can be placed into a cart, which could be useful, but they require fuel. You should review the ChickenChunk chunkloader (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/ChickenChunks).

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Perfect, cheers! any idea how to toggle the 'anchor aura' though? I can't see anywhere to bind it, and F9 is Voxelplayer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tested how Forestry's multifarms perform in their default, "diamond" shape compared to the optionally configurable "square" shape?

As in: do they lay down the same amount of soil? Do they plan the same amount of things on that soil? Are they less or more efficient in terms of where they place water holes? Does it have any noticeable effect on the output over time?

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
What is the easiest way to get fuel out of a load of fuel cells and into a railcraft tank?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest way is inserting the fuel cells into the appropriate slot in the Railcraft tank.