Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
A liquid library in Mystcraft? o_O

But one person on the server I play on has it, it looks really cool. 3x3 tanks, each outfitted with a liquid tesseract (except one with an aqueous accumulator :p). He's even got a few thousand buckets of Bee DNA, which is one of the coolest looking ones. But a liquid library isn't just good for looks, it's so useful. I don't have any auto outputting lava source block thing like I do for water, as in a 2x2 (but using Redpower pumps could make that cool). Okay...well it's 90% for looks, which is good enough for me!

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Imagine creating a myscraft age with oceans of liquid dna or methane... Thats what he means by Mystcraft and liquid library.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Imagine creating a myscraft age with oceans of liquid dna or methane... Thats what he means by Mystcraft and liquid library.

As stated, that is what I meant, yes. Abusable, but the instability should, hopefully, make it hard to abuse easily.

~~~

But one person on the server I play on has it, it looks really cool. 3x3 tanks, each outfitted with a liquid tesseract (except one with an aqueous accumulator :p). He's even got a few thousand buckets of Bee DNA, which is one of the coolest looking ones. But a liquid library isn't just good for looks, it's so useful. I don't have any auto outputting lava source block thing like I do for water, as in a 2x2 (but using Redpower pumps could make that cool). Okay...well it's 90% for looks, which is good enough for me!
Yeah, 95% looks, and the other 5% will be 99.99% of the volume stored somewhere out of the way. But the liquid library to see all of the pretty liquids, well, no need to spoil that with a use besides as much.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
As stated, that is what I meant, yes. Abusable, but the instability should, hopefully, make it hard to abuse easily.

What makes it difficult to abuse is how insanely rare Mystcraft pages are now. I've scanned a 10 km square block, found 20 villages. Not a single page or trading villager.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Kirin there are also new cobblestone huts/libraries that spawn. They're full of bookshelves and usually 2-4 myscraft sybols on lecturns. Plus there is usually a chest hidden behind one of the bookshelves that contains more.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

Damn, I've got like 500 buckets of DNA. For some reason I decided to build the biggest tank for that.

And by god, It shall be filled!

Just like my big biofuel tank!

God damn it, I need to start building more boilers... Or another tank..

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen those huts, it was *scary* when I was horizontally pillaring around in a void world. Just going around and BOOM! cobblestone structure.
What makes it difficult to abuse is how insanesly rare Mystcraft pages are now. I've scanned a 10 km square block, found 20 villages. Not a single page or trading villager.
Would it be possible to breed villagers to...create one? If I had two villagers, could I create ThaumCraft wizards, Forestry Apiarists, and MystCraft Librarians?

And aren't 350 500 buckets a lot? These guys have huge bee farms, two of them together have almost filled up a medium-small sized tank. How many buckets of bee would anyone really need?
*sees edited post to 500*

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Kirin there are also new cobblestone huts/libraries that spawn. They're full of bookshelves and usually 2-4 myscraft sybols on lecturns. Plus there is usually a chest hidden behind one of the bookshelves that contains more.

I'll go breaking bookcases. I know about the lecterns; never seen one.

Reactions: Kevun1

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen those huts, it was *scary* when I was horizontally pillaring around in a void world. Just going around and BOOM! cobblestone structure.
Would it be possible to breed villagers to...create one? If I had two villagers, could I create ThaumCraft wizards, Forestry Apiarists, and MystCraft Librarians?

And aren't 350 500 buckets a lot? These guys have huge bee farms, two of them together have almost filled up a medium-small sized tank. How many buckets of bee would anyone really need?
*sees edited post to 500*
No idea, haven't really played with the machines yet. Wanted to too, but then I had to rebuild my blaze rod powered boiler system. But eh, filling it is not hard at all. two routers, 40 appiaries, 3 genepools - you go girl. Getting the princesses was the hardest part.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No idea, haven't really played with the machines yet. Wanted to too, but then I had to rebuild my blaze rod powered boiler system. But eh, filling it is not hard at all. two routers, 40 appiaries, 3 genepools - you go girl. Getting the princesses was the hardest part.
Those ExtraBees machines look...scary. Well, I did have a nice bee keeper who was kind enough to not complain when I kidnapped him and sent him to my base through a portal, getting me tons of Apairies, for under a half stack of wood each. And I now have over 100 proven frames, and an apiarist's bag, as well as a bit of honey and beeswax I've gotten from centrifugation of villager and wild bees. And I have yet to place an apiary for any other reason than to check what kind of biome I was living in.
I feel as if it is (to me) a nice late-end game thing, once you get a nice base up, some machines running, and everything's going good with automatic mining. Then I'll get started into something like bees or Thaumcraft or IC2 mining. Though, someone on my server did have a few valuable bees (the actual type and just good rare bees), and they help out with lots of resources.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Considering RP2 sorting machines and Forestry bees:

How has everyone set up their system to deal with the different combs? I don't see a way to handle them without using several sorting machines (this includes Xbees). Any idea how to solve this? Or leave the combs out of auto-sorting completely?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Considering RP2 sorting machines and Forestry bees:

I think the metadata part of bees is so tricky that it's not possible to use RP2 sorting with bees. You're sort of obligated to use Aparists pipes for the bridging part. You'll have to shunt bees to a custom segment of the sorting system that can deal with that.

Reactions: Freakscar

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

Curious to what is the best way to use my biomass/biofuel. Im going for max power to compliment my solar panels working away on a matter fabricator. I already have a tesseract setup with lava/thermal gens...so not really interested in that route as its covered.

I was looking at either deisel generators or wind turbines/boiler tanks. Generators are set and forget, but i beleive that turbines need replacement parts? DO these output much EU?

Cheers!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Boilers! They do need replacement parts once every few days, if you have an iron problem, maybe you shouldn't use them. They give 100 eu/t per steam turbine.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's Steam Turbines which need replacement parts, not Wind Turbines. But you were probably referring to those.

Yes, you do need replacement parts, which are actually fairly expensive. A good amount of steel. But they last for, I think, 48 hours of continuous use.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

Curious to what is the best way to use my biomass/biofuel. Im going for max power to compliment my solar panels working away on a matter fabricator. I already have a tesseract setup with lava/thermal gens...so not really interested in that route as its covered.

I was looking at either deisel generators or wind turbines/boiler tanks. Generators are set and forget, but i beleive that turbines need replacement parts? DO these output much EU?

Cheers!

You may also be interested in setting up a boiler that then uses cobblestone generated by cobblestone generators to produce lava, and then the lava is used to make EU in thermal generators.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to breed villagers to...create one? If I had two villagers, could I create ThaumCraft wizards, Forestry Apiarists, and MystCraft Librarians?*

Yes, it is possible. I've done exactly this. Though I can't recall the exact location of the setup I'm using, I've seen dozens of Mystcraft villagers this way. Be prepared with a LOT of emeralds, as some of the pages can cost up to 64 emeralds each.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
You may also be interested in setting up a boiler that then uses cobblestone generated by cobblestone generators to produce lava, and then the lava is used to make EU in thermal generators.

See thats my problem...i COULD do that, or i could just build another pump/liquid tesseract and get faster free lava from the nether.

Realisticly, the best non maintanace use i can see is just pumping it into a deisel generator...although a few steam turbines dont look too bad (minus the annoying maintanance cost)

tyler f

Jul 29, 2019
is a 12x20 steves cart treefarm enough for a 36hp boiler? Also, do people usually just use a giant wall of redstone cells to store mj?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
See thats my problem...i COULD do that, or i could just build another pump/liquid tesseract and get faster free lava from the nether.

Realisticly, the best non maintanace use i can see is just pumping it into a deisel generator...although a few steam turbines dont look too bad (minus the annoying maintanance cost)

And when your nether lava pump runs dry, you'll have to move it. Whereas cobble -> lava will run forever, feeding its own power requires easily, and producing loads more power.

But yeah, as a starting power, nether lava is fairly alright.