Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/World_Anchor

A "world anchor" is just another name for a chunk loader. Although the world anchor can be placed into a cart, which could be useful, but they require fuel. You should review the ChickenChunk chunkloader (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/ChickenChunks).
World Anchor and and Chunk Loader are in fact two different chunk loading options in the pack.

World Anchor is a chunk loader that has a 3x3 size and runs on ender pearls. 12 hours per pearl and can be disabled with redstone.
World anchor can be combined with an anchor sentinal to change the 3x3 shape in to a line. I believe it is up to 9 chunks in a line.
Anchors are added by railcraft, so if you use them you can read up more on the RC wiki.

Chunk Loader is added by ChickenChunks mod. They can be controlled by redstone and have no fuel cost. Right click the Loader to customize its shape and size and it has a laser mode to show the area loaded. A radius of up to 10x10 can be loaded by it.
The chunk loader can also be crafted into 10 spot loaders. Each spot loader keeps the chunk its in loaded, no GUI/options on it -- also it does not seem to respond to redstone. These are new to the mod though and might get that feature in a newer version.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
World Anchor and and Chunk Loader are in fact two different chunk loading options in the pack.

Yes, I know that. ChickenChunks is the mod that adds the "Chunk Loader" object. I, though, was using the term "chunk loader" not as a proper noun, but to describe the action of the World Anchor and Chunk Loader as I think it is a lot easier to understand ("World anchor? Am I on a boat, now? I hope they have a buffet!").

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Is lava infinite in the nether?

I have a pump/tesseract setup in the nether, but it seems to be draining the lava lake? Or do I need to find a bigger lake?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Is lava infinite in the nether?

I have a pump/tesseract setup in the nether, but it seems to be draining the lava lake? Or do I need to find a bigger lake?
1. No it's not, it just spreads further/faster and the disconnected non-source blocks take longer to vanish
2. If it seems to be draining the lake, then everything's a-ok, right?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tested how Forestry's multifarms perform in their default, "diamond" shape compared to the optionally configurable "square" shape?

As in: do they lay down the same amount of soil? Do they plan the same amount of things on that soil? Are they less or more efficient in terms of where they place water holes? Does it have any noticeable effect on the output over time?

Since nobody else answered this, I went and tested it for myself. Result: the optional square layout lays down a lot more farmland.

3x3 Farm: diamond pattern, 72 farmland; square pattern, 176 farmland
5x5 farm: diamond pattern, 180 farmland; square pattern, 264 farmland
Too lazy to test the other layouts.

So, basically, if you set the square configuration in the config file, the smallest possible farm will give you as much farmland as the largest possible farm would give you in the default diamond config.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
1. No it's not, it just spreads further/faster and the disconnected non-source blocks take longer to vanish
2. If it seems to be draining the lake, then everything's a-ok, right?

So i guess this is an extension off that reaply..(thanks for answering :)

I went nuts and built 16 thermal generators, but my lava output doesnt seem to be enough. I cant seem to find much wiki info about these? Should i just stick with Geothermal generators (as opposed to thermal generators)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I went nuts and built 16 thermal generators, but my lava output doesnt seem to be enough. I cant seem to find much wiki info about these? Should i just stick with Geothermal generators (as opposed to thermal generators)
When you can use GT thermal gens, then use them. They will produce more EU/bucket at a higher EU/t rate.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

No worries. I am not entirely sure why the topmost hydrogen tank did not complete, so it may either be that all tanks put together can only have a certain amount of storage, or you cannot stack empty tanks. I'll find out in an hour as my bauxite dust is processing.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Is that for show? Or for a gas turbine engine?

Well, my question is is it possible to make a quarry output a redstone signal when it's done quarrying? And can redstone signals go through dimentions?
I was thinking an overengineered way to do this that involved putting a minecart on a detector rail at the bottom of the world, and when the quarry was done the cart would fall off the rail into the empty hole and the signal would be inverted, to send something through an enderchest that was in a filter in the other world and had an Item Detector attached, which would output my redstone signal.

But there's gotta be an easier way...right? :eek:

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012

Well, my question is is it possible to make a quarry output a redstone signal when it's done quarrying? And can redstone signals go through dimentions?
I was thinking an overengineered way to do this that involved putting a minecart on a detector rail at the bottom of the world, and when the quarry was done the cart would fall off the rail into the empty hole and the signal would be inverted, to send something through an enderchest that was in a filter in the other world and had an Item Detector attached, which would output my redstone signal.

But there's gotta be an easier way...right? :eek:
There's a much easier way. Use a buildcraft gate. Have it output a redstone signal with the "Work Done" conditional. Then just use a wireless transmitter and receiver if you have to send the signal across dimensions.

Reactions: jumpfight5

J-rage

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone point me to a good tutorial for RP2 frames? the ones I've found have been awful.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or does the ultimate hybrid solar provide no advantage (other then space saving) to that of an 8 Hybrid Solar? Or am i just doing tha math wrong?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
And the 8 Hybrid solars offer no advantage over 64 advanced solars, yes.

The advantage is simply space. You only spend 1 block for the ultimate instead of 8 or 64 or 512 blocks. (Also it lessens server strain a little bit)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What is the most efficient design for a Steve's carts treefarm? What is the size and track layout (size of "E") at which it will not be overwhelmed, with fertilizer and without?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

I'm saving it for my fusion reactor (which I've got to make, now, as I've got loads of hydrogen after all!), although it is fairly easy to make hydrogen on the spot. But as I've got it already, no reason to not save it now.

I am in the process of turning it all into H2 (1/4th of the space required for hydrogen), and I'll likely make some into H3 (1/16th of the space required for hydrogen) as I will need both for fusion.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I'm saving it for my fusion reactor (which I've got to make, now, as I've got loads of hydrogen after all!), although it is fairly easy to make hydrogen on the spot. But as I've got it already, no reason to not save it now.

I am in the process of turning it all into H2 (1/4th of the space required for hydrogen), and I'll likely make some into H3 (1/16th of the space required for hydrogen) as I will need both for fusion.
Now I want to make a huge wall of 3x9x9 Railcraft tanks filled with hydrogen, because it looks really cool. I was planning on throwing it into a gas turbine, but a Fusion Reactor may net me a little bit more energy...just a little :p

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Now I want to make a huge wall of 3x9x9 Railcraft tanks filled with hydrogen, because it looks really cool. I was planning on throwing it into a gas turbine, but a Fusion Reactor may net me a little bit more energy...just a little :p

I'm glad they made mercury look better. That aside, one of my goals is to have all liquids in a liquid library room, just for the enjoyment of viewing. Most likely I'll use some small railcraft tanks for that, but maybe some buildcraft tanks as they look alright.

And when mystcraft adds the liquid library, well, it shall be wonderfully fun!