Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Is there a loss over distance with EU in a fibre cable? Having built a few ultimate solars now, I was going to maximise my energy gain by having them in a desert biome that is x (where x is a number I can't remember between 100 and 200) blocks from my base.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a loss over distance with EU in a fibre cable? Having built a few ultimate solars now, I was going to maximise my energy gain by having them in a desert biome that is x (where x is a number I can't remember between 100 and 200) blocks from my base.
1 EU every 40 blocks.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you are willing to spend a small number of extra resources, you can avoid EU loss entirely if you replace every 40th cable with a MV transformer.

But even if you went 200 blocks with glass fibre cables, you'd still receive 507 EU/t out of your original 512. That's less than 1% loss and probably not the end of the world ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what's up with that RailCraft Workbench? It only allows me to craft one item at a time, it's quite frustrating. If I want to make, say, coal dust, I have to put in 4 pieces of coal, I can't bulk make it (like I'd wish to).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Make sure that you keep all the blocks between chunkloaded or else it won't work.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

It would likely be a lot cheaper to make a battery transportation system (at this point, you'll want to use lapcrystals, two ender chests, and a turtle to move batteries between two locations without needing loads of glass cable, and chunkloaders to keep those chunks loaded. If you need more details about how the setup would work, feel free to ask.

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
For Soul Shards - When it comes to "absorbing spawners", does the spawner have to equal the entity of the shard? Like, I can't make a creeper shard and then go around sucking up zombie spawners to make it T5 can I?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
For Soul Shards - When it comes to "absorbing spawners", does the spawner have to equal the entity of the shard? Like, I can't make a creeper shard and then go around sucking up zombie spawners to make it T5 can I?

You are correct, it does not work on spawners of different types (just tested with a pig shard on a chicken spawn, no dice).

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What's the recipe to the zeppelin? Does anyone have any experience on flying it and can give me some tips? I know it's buggy and glitchy and laggy and I will most likely die, but I've always wanted to try it out.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
What's the recipe to the zeppelin? Does anyone have any experience on flying it and can give me some tips? I know it's buggy and glitchy and laggy and I will most likely die, but I've always wanted to try it out.

I could be being an idiot here, but I don't know of any FTB pack with a zeppelin.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is the zeppelin from traincraft. It's really buggy (like the rest of the mod), but it is faster than a boat, can fly, and takes 1 piece of coal to go 2500 blocks.

If it weren't so buggy, some would even consider it overpowered!

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is the zeppelin from traincraft. It's really buggy (like the rest of the mod), but it is faster than a boat, can fly, and takes 1 piece of coal to go 2500 blocks.

If it weren't so buggy, some would even consider it overpowered!
Its not buggy, they just wanted to make it realistic, so when it busts into flames or crashes your client, its historically accurate.