Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
V

Viperion

I strongly suspect the simple answer to my simple question this time around is simply "no" but...

Can you put Immersive Engineering (1.10 version) relays on anything other than Poles? I spent waaaay too long last night trying to run a cable down from my windmill to the ground, and what I really wanted was for the relays to be pointing horizontally (i.e. placed on a vertical surface) but I couldn't figure out how to do it, and so have this ugly zig-zag pattern of poles.

Also, TIL the poles actually count as an obstruction when linking wires :mad: I had to space the poles about 10 blocks down from each other instead of what should be 13 or 14 because when I tried to connect the wire it told me they were obstructed. Grrrrr

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I strongly suspect the simple answer to my simple question this time around is simply "no" but...

Can you put Immersive Engineering (1.10 version) relays on anything other than Poles? I spent waaaay too long last night trying to run a cable down from my windmill to the ground, and what I really wanted was for the relays to be pointing horizontally (i.e. placed on a vertical surface) but I couldn't figure out how to do it, and so have this ugly zig-zag pattern of poles.

Also, TIL the poles actually count as an obstruction when linking wires :mad: I had to space the poles about 10 blocks down from each other instead of what should be 13 or 14 because when I tried to connect the wire it told me they were obstructed. Grrrrr
You can put them on any block that accepts RF. Banks, LV Capacitors, etc.

V

Viperion

You can put them on any block that accepts RF. Banks, LV Capacitors, etc.
Feel free to correct me, but those are connectors not relays (the system changed for 1.10) - relays can't be put on those blocks, and connectors can only be put on those blocks (again, if I understand it correctly).

Still that doesn't solve my problem - I am assuming that relays and/or connectors only go onto poles and/or machines that store or use power? And there's no way to otherwise mount them horizontally?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Can you put Immersive Engineering (1.10 version) relays on anything other than Poles?
i thought u could put relays anywhere but they just can't transmit power into anything other then ie wires.only connectors can move power to/from the ie wires into/out of blocks

V

Viperion

i thought u could put relays anywhere but they just can't transmit power into anything other then ie wires.only connectors can move power to/from the ie wires into/out of blocks
That's what I was hoping but they wouldn't attach to Diorite or Cobble

Edited to add: And I just watched the Mischief of Mice tutorial and he puts a relay onto a regular grass block..... now I have to try it again. Maybe they just can't go on the side of a block?

Edited again: Later in the same video, relays on the side of dirt blocks.... looks like I've done something wrong

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
That's what I was hoping but they wouldn't attach to Diorite or Cobble

Edited to add: And I just watched the Mischief of Mice tutorial and he puts a relay onto a regular grass block..... now I have to try it again. Maybe they just can't go on the side of a block?

Edited again: Later in the same video, relays on the side of dirt blocks.... looks like I've done something wrong
I'm getting a feeling that the green HV relays might have been restricted to the underside of blocks, but I don't know if I've just made that up :/

EDIT: Taken straight from the entry on the ftb.gamepedia:

"Before version 0.8, HV Wire Relays could only be placed on the underside of a block, as seen below."

so basically, I'm behind the times :) sorry!

Last edited:
V

Viperion

Just went and checked and it totally works. Have the relays on the side of a tower, with the wire running vertically down the tower. I have no idea why I couldn't do that 24 hours ago. Never mind me!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

SoraLow360

I may figure it out by the time someone gets to this as I am determined to figure this out. But I am trying to craft a green slime bow limb in ftb beyond and I cant figure it out. I have two slime cryst and i am using them in a part crafter but its not working. Any help appretiated.

Update: Cost is 3 in beyond derp.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
As of the most recent FTB Beyond update, my Flux Networks networks are broken. Before the update it all worked fine: Generators fed into a "Power Gen" network that output into capacitor banks for storage, and that storage output on "Power Access" for machines to use. After the update, Power Gen still works, but Power Access won't: even connecting a Flux Plug to it causes my game to drop to single digit fps, and no RF transfers. Tried creating a new network, got the same results.
Anyone else run into similar problems? There's little documentation for Flux Networks, and I can't find a FTB Beyond update thread to check for issue reports.

If that's a bust, what's the best other way to wirelessly transfer power? Preferably something that can handle a high throughput like Flux Networks could ( :( ). I know EnderIO has something like a Tesseract, but I've never used it.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
As of the most recent FTB Beyond update, my Flux Networks networks are broken. Before the update it all worked fine: Generators fed into a "Power Gen" network that output into capacitor banks for storage, and that storage output on "Power Access" for machines to use. After the update, Power Gen still works, but Power Access won't: even connecting a Flux Plug to it causes my game to drop to single digit fps, and no RF transfers. Tried creating a new network, got the same results.
Anyone else run into similar problems? There's little documentation for Flux Networks, and I can't find a FTB Beyond update thread to check for issue reports.

If that's a bust, what's the best other way to wirelessly transfer power? Preferably something that can handle a high throughput like Flux Networks could ( :( ). I know EnderIO has something like a Tesseract, but I've never used it.
From what I understand, Flux Network had a memory leak that got fixed in the new update. I haven't pushed to the new version yet, but it is possible that fixing that broke something else.

As for replacement, EnderIO Dimensional Transceiver can wirelessly move power, items, and fluids, but it consumes some power to stay operational and has a hard cap on throughput (equivalent to the highest tier conduit, I think).

Draconic Evolution has a method of wireless energy transfer, but I've never played with it personally. Given the end game nature of the mod and the size of the energy cores it provides, I assume it will allow copious amounts of power to be moved around. I have no experience with any of the system's limitations, so it's worth reading up on before you start dumping Nether Stars into it.

If you already have an AE2 Network, you can use P2P systems to move power through that, including across large areas or into other dimensions, by using the Quantum Network Bridge. I know that option isn't truly wireless, but it will allow you to move energy large distances without wires the whole way.

As a last resort, you can build a Capacitor Bank on the input and output ends, then use filtered EnderIO Conduits to move charged batteries (there are many different types) through Ender Chests - charging them at one end, then discharging them into the output capacitor. Again, not truly wireless, but if all else fails. The upside to this system is, if you add a new output area to your network, it's as simple as making another Ender Chest to pull from, since the Inventories are all linked.

I suggest you go into a creative world to test Flux Networks before advancing. It's possible something in the update went sideways, and you may be able to fix it by starting fresh. If not, at least you'll have data for the developer to work from. Good luck.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Beyond: looking for something to place fluids. Either something like the XU barrels except let's you pour em out one after the other like a bucket. Or, something like the BC flood gates?

Someone said RFTools builder once for the flood gate, but will that fill as opposed to just move a square of lava over?

Honestly, I'd rather just place them,but I need some kind of never-ending bucket.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Beyond: looking for something to place fluids. Either something like the XU barrels except let's you pour em out one after the other like a bucket. Or, something like the BC flood gates?

Someone said RFTools builder once for the flood gate, but will that fill as opposed to just move a square of lava over?

Honestly, I'd rather just place them,but I need some kind of never-ending bucket.

Reliquary has the Emperor's Chalice that acts as a never ending bucket (or always empty bucket, depending on the mode).

I believe there is an upgraded version (Infernal Chalice) that works the same with lava.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'll check it out! Thank you! For the water part I'm using the swap wand to swap in ice and breaking it. It's working perfectly there, but the lava part will not be as easy without that.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Draconic Evolution has a method of wireless energy transfer, but I've never played with it personally. Given the end game nature of the mod and the size of the energy cores it provides, I assume it will allow copious amounts of power to be moved around. I have no experience with any of the system's limitations, so it's worth reading up on before you start dumping Nether Stars into it.
at's a bust, what's the best other way to wirelessly transfer power? Preferably something that can handle a high throughput like Flux Networks could ( :( ). I know EnderIO has something like a Tesseract, but I've never used it.
the basic tier crystal network needs no nether stars i think only gold diamounds and draconium (+maybe redstone +eyes of ender), when it says basic its kinda a joke becuase basic can take most of an active speed upgraded 20 nether star gens power output with 1 io crystal pulling power from it.
theres 3 types of crystals io,wireless, relay. io is the touching output/input energy from the crystal network but they can only output or input from 1 block not in the crystal network. these crystal can deliver power to many blocks outside the network but their catch is they cant even close to match the throughput of the io crystals(200k rf/t is a guess). relay these crystals are simple they mearly are hub pts intersections in a crystal network they are the crystals that link the other 2 together to the rest of the network(in most cases) these crystals are incapable of interacting with things outside the crystal network.
higher tier crystals have higher limits on what they can do and bigger internal storage . wyvern io crystals can take a rainbow gen (i dont remeber if it needs a buddy or not)

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
the basic tier crystal network needs no nether stars i think only gold diamounds and draconium (+maybe redstone +eyes of ender), when it says basic its kinda a joke becuase basic can take most of an active speed upgraded 20 nether star gens power output with 1 io crystal pulling power from it.
theres 3 types of crystals io,wireless, relay. io is the touching output/input energy from the crystal network but they can only output or input from 1 block not in the crystal network. these crystal can deliver power to many blocks outside the network but their catch is they cant even close to match the throughput of the io crystals(200k rf/t is a guess). relay these crystals are simple they mearly are hub pts intersections in a crystal network they are the crystals that link the other 2 together to the rest of the network(in most cases) these crystals are incapable of interacting with things outside the crystal network.
higher tier crystals have higher limits on what they can do and bigger internal storage . wyvern io crystals can take a rainbow gen (i dont remeber if it needs a buddy or not)
Dragonic crystal beams require line of sight, right? That means they don't work for inter-dimensional transfer. Right now I've got my nether star generators and Deep Resonance crystals in the Nether, because they're bad for you if they're nearby and also I think that's cool, thematically, for the nether star gen.

C

Ciebriel79

Why is it. That I just notice that the dw20 1.10 I downloaded from the ftb launcher has some, but not all files from the launcher it self. I compared the files from the launch and the files that was downloaded, so I have to download more files to match. But the files i down load to complete the match come up with Mod has to be removed and also saying Missing Mod Data mostly dealing with thermal foundation, dynamic, expansion, and redstone arsenal. I am just starting to lose interest in playing direwolf20 1.10 pack.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Why is it. That I just notice that the dw20 1.10 I downloaded from the ftb launcher has some, but not all files from the launcher it self. I compared the files from the launch and the files that was downloaded, so I have to download more files to match. But the files i down load to complete the match come up with Mod has to be removed and also saying Missing Mod Data mostly dealing with thermal foundation, dynamic, expansion, and redstone arsenal. I am just starting to lose interest in playing direwolf20 1.10 pack.

I would guess the pack updated since you downloaded it. Thermal Dynamics recently released for 1.10, and I imagine DW20 wanted the pack to include it from the beginning. There is a chance the pack uses a newer version of Forge, but I don't know that for certain (Forge has come a ways since DW20 pack first launched). If you're finding yourself unable to play the newer versions, backup your world and try a fresh install of the pack. You may receive a warning about missing blocks when you go to load your world, particularly if a number of mods have undergone substantial updates (this is why we backed up first). Tell it ok, then walk around the world and see if anything is broken. If it's trivial or better, carry on and repair whatever damage you find. If the damage is catastrophic or world shattering, reload the backup and play the lower version (unless you're going to start a fresh world on the updated version). I don't remember there being much for world shattering during these updates though, so you're likely looking at minimal damage and added content to go with bug fixes.